What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I dropped my keys in the parking lot at the grocery store, but didn't notice it until I had finished my shopping. I was so relieved to find that someone had turned them to the customer service desk. That anonymous person really made my day! It's so nice when people take the time to help!

2.gif smile.gif

Got my jury duty deferred until next year! Normally this would not be a problem, but I'm out of paid time off for the year and can't really afford any unpaid days. But they were cool and rescheduled me for next Feb.

Plus it's the THIRD time in 15 years I've been summoned.

It was relatively nice out today, so I went for a bike ride. Went for a longer one last night, too, but that was freezing! This was just very pleasant and relaxing. smile.gif

QUOTE (GuitarKid 1880 @ Nov 30 2011, 03:16 PM)
High School was fun today, little work at all today. Thought I've got a Test in Geometry and a quiz in German tomorrow, that won't foil my day!

Don't know about you, but Geometry and German at our school are jokes.

Good luck on them, anyways! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Dec 1 2011, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (GuitarKid 1880 @ Nov 30 2011, 03:16 PM)
High School was fun today, little work at all today.  Thought I've got a Test in Geometry and a quiz in German tomorrow, that won't foil my day!

Don't know about you, but Geometry and German at our school are jokes.

Good luck on them, anyways! trink39.gif

That's interesting. The principal was the joke at my school. biggrin.gif

Whew!! Finally..after almost 10 yrs. , I finally paid off a debt today. biggrin.gif

This completely made my day! In the summer of 03, I was falsely

accused of damaging a costumer's outside property. I was taken to court, and the judge ordered me to pay a large monitary sum,in the

1000's,for something I didn't do..It's either pay the settlement,

or go to jail..so I made monthly payments.

Because of this, I lost hundreds of costumer's with my business..and I estimate I lost , in total revenue, aprox 100,000-150,000 dollars in those 8 + yrs. I got most of my costumer's thru referral,so when this happened,it was like a reverse referral effect..costumer's told other costumer's about what happened, and so on...I had,at one time 300 + costumer's..now,presently,I have about 10-15 % of that total..so it was a really screwed up situation..and on top of that,I was hit with this recession/depression in 2007-08, so it was really a double whammy effect.

Anyway,this 8 year NIGHTMARE is finally over, thank God! yes.gif

I've been getting into a lot of drone/ambient based music recently and one of the bands (or rather I say individual) that I've really got into is Bass Communion, Steven Wilson's ambient/drone project. Previewed the new album Cenotaph; loved it and ordered it a few a days ago (still on backorder) but then I came across this today and I thought it was amazing...it's so melancholic and sad, but so beautiful it brings me to tears. Definitely made my day, and will have to check out more of Bass Communion, and buy all the remaining available albums out there since they're very limited in print.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Dec 3 2011, 06:41 PM)
Whew!! Finally..after almost 10 yrs. , I finally paid off a debt today. biggrin.gif

This completely made my day! In the summer of 03, I was falsely
accused of damaging a costumer's outside property. I was taken to court, and the judge ordered me to pay a large monitary sum,in the
1000's,for something I didn't do..It's either pay the settlement,
or go to jail..so I made monthly payments.

Because of this, I lost hundreds of costumer's with my business..and I estimate I lost , in total revenue, aprox 100,000-150,000 dollars in those 8 + yrs. I got most of my costumer's thru referral,so when this happened,it was like a reverse referral effect..costumer's told other costumer's about what happened, and so on...I had,at one time 300 + costumer's..now,presently,I have about 10-15 % of that total..so it was a really screwed up situation..and on top of that,I was hit with this recession/depression in 2007-08, so it was really a double whammy effect.

Anyway,this 8 year NIGHTMARE is finally over, thank God! yes.gif

trink39.gif

Wow, that sucks. Happy you got it over with: maybe now you can get back some customers. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks, Tommy..appreciate that. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm hoping that's what will happen.Obviously,right now times

are tough, with the economy.Just have to wait and see.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 3 2011, 07:13 PM)
I've been getting into a lot of drone/ambient based music recently and one of the bands (or rather I say individual) that I've really got into is Bass Communion, Steven Wilson's ambient/drone project. Previewed the new album Cenotaph; loved it and ordered it a few a days ago (still on backorder) but then I came across this today and I thought it was amazing...it's so melancholic and sad, but so beautiful it brings me to tears. Definitely made my day, and will have to check out more of Bass Communion, and buy all the remaining available albums out there since they're very limited in print.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=a7pxFZwZi-w

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I can definitely hear the appeal!

Got a fun email from one of the brothers. At a family gathering, brother Blaze was saying that Big Daddy Blaze was telling one of his old stories of revenge again... laugh.gif

Here's the short version: Many moons ago, Big Daddy was a cook in the Navy. Apparently one of his commanders was a condescending wanker that often tried to talk down to him. One day Commander Wanker was on Big Daddy B's case about how terrible the coffee was. Big Daddy B took the cup without complaint, brought it back to the kitchen, and emptied it. Big Daddy then took new coffee grounds, put them into one of his sweaty used socks, and poured hot water into the sock which then drained into the cup. After adding a splash of milk, Big Daddy B then brought his new and improved coffee out to Commander Wanker. Big Daddy B was pleased to see Commander Wanker enjoying his breakfast beverage. trink38.gif

Finishing this in Photoshop:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa416/Writergirl2112/TouchstoneBannerJPG-2.jpg

Truth is, I LOVE X-Files. To death.

And there is really no cuter pairing than Mulder and Scully.

Figured it was about time I made a tribute to that great show. tongue.gif And I'm quite happy with the result!