What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I got the second bill(the first real bill) for the energy use on the house, and it was lower than my budget payment for my old apartment. bncegrn.gif

I hope that continues.

(yeah, I know, it won't, but I can dream).

After I got done with my studies I did this little thing in Photoshop:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa416/Writergirl2112/TealcSigJPG.jpg

I'm quite proud of it. wub.gif

Also, NEW PSYCH TONIGHT YAY and Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club in... eight minutes. tongue.gif

Aaand it was cold out today! Like thirty-four degrees this morning! The reason it made me happy was I had an excuse to get all bundled up in my hat, scarf, and gloves. I love winter accessories.. and I love my boots! Winter's nice if only for the dramatic wardrobe change. laugh.gif

People at work talking to me about Rush - my co-worker said they played lots of Rush while she was on vacation in Colorado, a customer told me he heard Subdivisions, and another asked if I got my hoodie back. Sadly no, but we got talking about the Time Machine movie, and he may go! icon_alienjig.gif

Christine, I saw your fish on Twitter - he's beautiful! Congrats to you and your folks on the new additions biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 19 2011, 08:20 PM)
Christine, I saw your fish on Twitter - he's beautiful! Congrats to you and your folks on the new additions biggrin.gif

Lol!! Those are the bad pictures! I'm in the middle of Photoshopping them. ^^; So difficult to take pictures through the tank, bah.

By the way, he has a name now: Apophis. It's the Greek form of the Egyptian god Apep... they're quite similar, personality-wise. Not to mention he looks like he has a snake's head every time he poofs out his face fins. laugh.gif

Abby, the Golden Retriever, should be coming in tomorrow. Hope my folks send pictures! (:

Finding out that my oldest son is getting into the National Junior Honor Society.

Pretty proud of that guy. yes.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM)
Finding out that my oldest son is getting into the National Junior Honor Society.

Congrats to your son!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Maybe some day he'll be in the real deal... National Honors Society.

As an NHS member I once had the honour of speaking at a NJHS induction. It was pretty cool. yes.gif

Besides, if he sticks with it, he can get a medal and cords for graduation.. gotta tell ya, there's nothing prouder to feel than walking across that stage with a couple of NHS ornaments. They're pretty darn snazzy.

Another volunteer day in my son's kindergarten class. I volunteer three times a month in the classroom and it is such a blast to see and help the kids with activities. Today I had a group of four kids and we learned about the letter 'D'. They had to write upper and lower case 'D', draw a picture of things that start with 'D' and listen to a song about the letter. It was so much fun. At the end, we danced (because, hey, it starts with the letter 'D'!) to the song about the letter of the day.

If it were up to me, I would have lots more kids.

If only the husband were on board... sad.gif

Still, made my day. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 20 2011, 09:46 AM)

Congrats to him! 653.gif

Mine is part cool, part bummer. I got a second job for the holidays (and may have a third if it works out) at a liquor store. The bummer is I have to work every night/day the week of Christmas (in addition to my normal full-time job) including the holiday itself, plus a few days leading up to New Year's. So, no Christmas with my/my boyfriend's families. I already told my mother and she understands; I hope every one else does too. My friends are concerned, but as I told my boyfriend, it's just a few weeks, and if I get sick, I won't do it again.

I'm pretty sure when Rush hits the stage next year it'll have all been worth it. It's just the reality of having a low-paying job and an expensive hobby (but a priceless one given how much this group has come to mean to me).

Having someone call me "Carrie of Steel" on Facebook yesterday, as a nod to Caress of Steel smile.gif Don't know that I feel that way right now...not handling things too well...but it beat someone saying "You don't look like a Rush fan" a few days ago. Huh? He didn't mean it to be mean, but I didn't know we all looked alike? fing.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 29 2011, 04:23 PM)
Having someone call me "Carrie of Steel" on Facebook yesterday, as a nod to Caress of Steel smile.gif Don't know that I feel that way right now...not handling things too well...but it beat someone saying "You don't look like a Rush fan" a few days ago. Huh? He didn't mean it to be mean, but I didn't know we all looked alike? fing.gif

I think he meant it as more of a "you're not a guy" comment tongue.gif

Nebraska beating Michigan State after nearly every idiot with a microphone ESPN, etc. reporter was saying how we would lose soooo terribly.

Ah, it is so sweet to prove them WRONG! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Oct 29 2011, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 29 2011, 04:23 PM)

I think he meant it as more of a "you're not a guy" comment tongue.gif

Probably smile.gif Hopefully he was just making a joke (like the band does) - there are certainly a lot of Rushgirls out there these days!

For the first Halloween in 12 or 13 years, I don't have to hike around door-to-door with little ones trick-or-treating! My older daughter and her friend are taking my 8-year-old around the neighborhood. I'll be handing out candy, but that sounds divine right now. Ahhhhh.... biggrin.gif