What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Oct 8 2011, 10:51 AM)
My dad brought me back a bag of Cheetos.
May sound strange to you who live outside of the UK, but we don't have them here and they're like, one of my favorite foods. wub.gif I'd only eat them when we went abroad on holiday.

He said he found them in the Polish isle in Asda! laugh.gif laugh.gif

ph34r.gif

Lol! You can't walk into an American store without seeing Cheetos. But I guess that must be pretty exciting if you love them and they don't even sell them in your country! laugh.gif

So far the UT - OU game is making my day. The Sooners are up 34 - 10 and it's seconds away from halftime. I would shout "KARMA" but that's just me.

And I can shamelessly cheer for NU's old rivals and Big XII teams I like since we're no longer in that conference.

The SD Chargers beating Denver,and goin' 4-1. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink39.gif 653.gif

Well,Babydoll, some people love rain,

especially if you live in an area that doesn't

get alot of it, like So Calif. Here in San Diego,

we get about 3 or 4 good storms in the winter time,

and a couple in the spring..and that's about it for the yr.

Personally,I like it..but if it rained just about every day,

like England..I'd get kinda sick of it too,after awhile..

that's for sure.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Oct 10 2011, 06:18 AM)
Well,Babydoll, some people love rain,
especially if you live in an area that doesn't
get alot of it, like So Calif. Here in San Diego,
we get about 3 or 4 good storms in the winter time,
and a couple in the spring..and that's about it for the yr.
Personally,I like it..but if it rained just about every day,
like England..I'd get kinda sick of it too,after awhile..
that's for sure.

I understand what you mean - parts of the US doesn't have a lot of rain, especially areas that have farm land, and the rain's needed to help make the crops grow. So even though you like the sun, you sort of like the rain even more.

I like the sun more than the rain, but the rain's also needed because we also have farm land.

smile.gif

So every monday morning i have to go into my 6th form collage for an hour for maths then go back 3 hours later. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

But this guy i kind of like came and sat next to me and we talked all lesson, and he said i look nice with my glasses on and he grumbled when i said i won't be in next lesson with him. wub.gif

I feel like a little kid. rofl3.gif I can't stop grinning.

unsure.gif blush4.gif

While I was waiting for my friend to get out of the Soci' lecture hall, NU's kick return, Ameer Abdullah, smiled and waved at me as he passed. Maybe he was just being friendly (we do have English together and I often work in his group) but it still made me grin like a fool.

I really want to ask him if he ever wants to grab coffee or something. He's such a nice guy.

Also someone complimented me on my socks (a ridiculous rainbow pair I have an odd fondness for). I looooove getting compliments. It just makes my whole day.

And it's mini pizza Monday at one of the dining halls. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Just little things you've got to love in life... hot football players, compliments, and fresh pizza. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 10 2011, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Oct 10 2011, 04:11 AM)
It rained... All day! biggrin.gif

You like it when it rains..?

Well maybe the music stopped...

... although in that case, I'd be posting in the bad day thread! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 10 2011, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 10 2011, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Oct 10 2011, 04:11 AM)
It rained... All day! biggrin.gif

You like it when it rains..?

Well maybe the music stopped...

... although in that case, I'd be posting in the bad day thread! tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Oct 10 2011, 03:20 PM)
While I was waiting for my friend to get out of the Soci' lecture hall, NU's kick return, Ameer Abdullah, smiled and waved at me as he passed. Maybe he was just being friendly (we do have English together and I often work in his group) but it still made me grin like a fool.
I really want to ask him if he ever wants to grab coffee or something. He's such a nice guy.

Also someone complimented me on my socks (a ridiculous rainbow pair I have an odd fondness for). I looooove getting compliments. It just makes my whole day.

And it's mini pizza Monday at one of the dining halls. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Just little things you've got to love in life... hot football players, compliments, and fresh pizza. tongue.gif

yeh yeh yeh whatever..Burkhart for President

wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Oct 10 2011, 07:15 PM)
yeh yeh yeh whatever..Burkhart for President

wink.gif  laugh.gif  tongue.gif

**Burkhead? wink.gif

You cannot dispel the Husker pride.

It's been ingrained in me since conception.

No, I haven't been stalking around the athletic department office.

I don't send daily letters to the god of football the Jesus of college sports Tom Osborne. tongue.gif

Had a great two days (I needed 'em after Friday night). Went to the record show yesterday and got nine Rush vinyls for a decent price! In the afternoon, we went on a hike. It was so sunny and warm, it was hard to believe it's October. There are still butterflies around, and the trees haven't turned as much as they usually have.

Today I took advantage of the holiday off and made the trip to Guitar Center - they matched a cheaper price on Neil's DVD, so I splurged on a 2112 mug and a Rush sticker. With all this stuff plus the upcoming Time Machine, I'll have enough Rush to listen to/watch all winter!

Got my new persription glasses at Walmart yesterday and found out that for the 1st time in 2 1/2 decades that I will fly round trip on an airplane. Seeing my sister and (by that time) my bro in law in Utah for Thanksgiving. Last time I went there with my mom, we took I-15 all the way to SLC for Xmas 99 and had some car trouble.

Last time I was on a plane I was about 3 or 4 visiting my aunt in Berkley from John Wayne airport.

Edited by invisible airwave

Went to visit my cousins husband with mum since my cousin is playing a gig out in Benidorm or something.

He put on his Eric Clapton live at Hyde Park dvd on and taught me how to play Layla on guitar. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

As we left he lent me his Eric Clapton autobiography to read and he also lent me one of his guitars and a book about how to play chords and stuff. 1287.gif I was so happy!

So i'm in a store shopping and overhead... Point of Know Return - Kansas (ironic I know but wait for it) Cowboy Song - Thin Lizzy somethin else I forget, another 70's AOR heavily played tune...I check out and as I'm walking out...the soft hi hat....slowly the volume gets louder and the guitar kicks in softly ..no vocal volume growing....nuh nuh nuh.....nuh nuh nuh...on the bass

La Villa Strangiato?......NUH NUHNUH

NUH WAY but yeah! I walked around pretending to shop, with cart full and receipt in hand til it was done

wah wah wuh wah wah wah wuh..........

Went for a hike yesterday...it was worth it even though it rained, because the trees were so pretty. Stopped at the cider mill on the way back to my boyfriend's and got cider, donuts, apples for him, fudge, maple candy...think that's it!

I got a Crowntail Betta today!! wub.gif heart.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

He's so pretty! He has dark blue-ish scales over most of his body, but a lighter, sky-blue stripe on each side closer to the top fins. His fins and feathering are red, but the top feathering near the body is that bright green-blue colour. He's very active and loves his tank right on my desk. And he matches the bright decor and gravel I got too.

Maybe he's just a fish, but he's my fish, and since moving away I've been desperate fro animal companionship. Besides, it's funny to see him continuously freak out when he sees his reflection. tongue.gif

Also I NEED A NAME! biggrin.gif No idea what to call him. I'm thinking Poseidon...

Also, my parents are adopting a Golden Retriever through GRRIN (Golden Retriever Rescue in Nebraska). Her name is Abby, she's 2, and I got to meet her when the foster family brought her to our house (I was home for the weekend). I'm thinking of coming home this weekend so I can get better acquainted with her. She's such a sweetheart and I know it'll be great for my mom and dad to have a dog around again. We loved our last Golden, Holly, but now it's time to open our hearts to another dog that needs a loving home.

I love animals! laugh.gif