What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I already posted this in 2 other places but here it is again.

The section of my NaNoWriMo novel I wrote today was EXACTLY 2112 words!

ohmy.gif

1022.gif

I got to the ending I wanted and the word count said '2110'. So I just typed 'Chapter 2" and boom, 2112 words.

Yay. I'm so excited, also because I actually made it through the first day without giving up. laugh.gif

During my lunchtime writing session for NaNo I hit my 2112th word while listening to... "2112". And I swear I didn't plan it! But it was awesome! 1022.gif

Also, had my biggest first-24-hours ever. Got so much written and it felt so good - and I still had time to get all my studying done! I have a feeling this story's gonna go places!! yes.gif So so so pumped.

Have have gorgeous yarn to knit all weekend. I have new Uggs. Today is payday. My iphone4s arrived!!!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

So I saw a license plate this morning. On NY plates it says "The Empire State." Someone took a label maker a wrote out 'Highest Taxed' and place it over where it says 'Empire.' 'The Highest Taxed State.' Found that funny.. laugh.gif

I wish i could have gotten a picture but the light turned green

Watching my son get inducted into the honor society today at school, and seeing him interact with his friends. He's got a great group of buddies, and I'm so proud of him, and of his friends.

Kerry and me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Kerry/mandk-1.jpg

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 4 2011, 06:38 PM)
Watching my son get inducted into the honor society today at school, and seeing him interact with his friends. He's got a great group of buddies, and I'm so proud of him, and of his friends.

Kerry and me

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 4 2011, 07:38 PM)

Kerry and me

Great pic!

He's taller than you there. I haven't seen him in a few years now, back when he was much smaller, and he is going to freak me out next time I see him (in a good way, of course). laugh.gif

Kerry and me

GG that's awesome! Congrats to Kerry. So much to be proud of, I love it! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks guys. smile.gif I am very, very proud.

And 1001, yes, he is most definitely not the same little guy you last saw. He's probably your height now.

Kerry and me

Congratulations!!!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 4 2011, 11:38 PM)

Kerry and me

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Great pic, GG! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I had an excellent calzone at Sam & Louie's.

And then I came back from a football game which we will never, ever speak of again and watched Stargate.

Yay, James Spader. biggrin.gif He makes me happy.

Unlike a certain quarterback whose name starts with Taylor and ends with Martinez.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 5 2011, 09:34 PM)
And then I came back from a football game which we will never, ever speak of again and watched Stargate.
Unlike a certain quarterback whose name starts with Taylor and ends with Martinez.

Bawks like a chicken *ACHOO* glasses.....

I guess DWEEB don't mean anything tuh you huh?

Mardweebnez

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 5 2011, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 4 2011, 11:38 PM)
Watching my son get inducted into the honor society today at school, and seeing him interact with his friends.  He's got a great group of buddies, and I'm so proud of him, and of his friends.

Kerry and me

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Great pic, GG! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

*ahem* um....what a great pic mom....*sniff* *big smile*

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Nov 5 2011, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 5 2011, 09:34 PM)

Bawks like a chicken *ACHOO* glasses.....

I guess DWEEB don't mean anything tuh you huh?

Mardweebnez

I daresay they made Jackson slightly cooler in the series...

...but I love him any way he comes.

Besides, James Spader just took that part and ran with it. Awesome interpretation of the character. I loooooove him as Daniel Jackson. Of course, no complaints about Spader from me at all... several years later he took up a part in Boston Legal, which is, of course, AWESOME. smile.gif

1) Saw some student speeches in English where they introduce one cultural aspect of Japan. This one pair of junior high boys introduced the topic of samurai...first, they gave all the factual info then they did a short play where one samurai is defending a castle against another. Both were armed with samurai swords made of newspaper! Informative and intentionally comedic! Brilliant! 1022.gif

2) Came back from trip to the Grand Canyon & Sedona about 2 weeks ago and (as of today) already have another trip booked!...Seoul at the beginning of next month! Will be my 3rd time there; very cool city! 1022.gif

So much happy today. laugh.gif

I went to Panera today, and overpriced coffee aside, it was pretty great. Got some good studying done and knocked off about a thousand words from my NaNo goal.

Also, there was a Star Trek: TNG repeat, Burn Notice, and The Big Bang Theory all on tonight... as well as a Harry Potter movie (Chamber of Secrets).

And I started rereading one of the Potter books, just because they're amazing and I needed a break from novelling and my textbooks.

Oh, and I have a course schedule now set up for next semester:

20th Century Fiction, Intro to Writing Fiction, Descriptive Astronomy, Spanish 202, and some Philosophy course I can't remember the exact name of but it sounded interesting. Knocking off some more required courses before I really dive into that English major. Can't waaaaait. biggrin.gif

I got a 5% raise for the first time in my life. Granted, 5% of chicken feed is still chicken feed, but it's more than just the money - it's having a boss who sticks up for me and advocates for me. TOTALLY unexpected!

And I got my Rush playing cards set. Two sets in a cute Rush explosion tin box, with a plastic insert inside that holds two decks of cards. And the pictures on the cards - some I've seen, but some were even new, and all were presented awesomely! I was weak in the knees! AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif