What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2011, 10:37 PM)
Got a fun email from one of the brothers. At a family gathering, brother Blaze was saying that Big Daddy Blaze was telling one of his old stories of revenge again... laugh.gif
Here's the short version: Many moons ago, Big Daddy was a cook in the Navy. Apparently one of his commanders was a condescending wanker that often tried to talk down to him. One day Commander Wanker was on Big Daddy B's case about how terrible the coffee was. Big Daddy B took the cup without complaint, brought it back to the kitchen, and emptied it. Big Daddy then took new coffee grounds, put them into one of his sweaty used socks, and poured hot water into the sock which then drained into the cup. After adding a splash of milk, Big Daddy B then brought his new and improved coffee out to Commander Wanker. Big Daddy B was pleased to see Commander Wanker enjoying his breakfast beverage. trink38.gif

That is so vile!

firedevil.gif

I love it.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 7 2011, 06:44 PM)
Finishing this in Photoshop:
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa416/Writergirl2112/TouchstoneBannerJPG-2.jpg

Truth is, I LOVE X-Files. To death.
And there is really no cuter pairing than Mulder and Scully.
Figured it was about time I made a tribute to that great show. tongue.gif And I'm quite happy with the result!

How beautiful it is! wub.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 9 2011, 02:43 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2011, 10:37 PM)
Got a fun email from one of the brothers. At a family gathering, brother Blaze was saying that Big Daddy Blaze was telling one of his old stories of revenge again... laugh.gif
Here's the short version: Many moons ago, Big Daddy was a cook in the Navy. Apparently one of his commanders was a condescending wanker that often tried to talk down to him. One day Commander Wanker was on Big Daddy B's case about how terrible the coffee was. Big Daddy B took the cup without complaint, brought it back to the kitchen, and emptied it. Big Daddy then took new coffee grounds, put them into one of his sweaty used socks, and poured hot water into the sock which then drained into the cup. After adding a splash of milk, Big Daddy B then brought his new and improved coffee out to Commander Wanker. Big Daddy B was pleased to see Commander Wanker enjoying his breakfast beverage.  trink38.gif

That is so vile!

firedevil.gif

I love it.

Funnily, he's a grrrreat cook. yes.gif

I hope he didn't do anything evil to my food any time I was a little bastard when I was younger. unsure.gif laugh.gif unsure.gif

This guy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Kerry/Kerryafterconcert-1.jpg

Link to him playing at his band's Christmas concert last night:

Bell Carol Rock

I already know the sound sucks because this was taken with my regular camera in video mode...but it's all I have, so... It's a simple little song, but he had fun playing it, and lots of people complimented him after the concert. His smile was a mile wide. smile.gif

So proud of this kid.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 13 2011, 09:51 AM)
This guy:

Bell Carol Rock

I already know the sound sucks because this was taken with my regular camera in video mode...but it's all I have, so... It's a simple little song, but he had fun playing it, and lots of people complimented him after the concert. His smile was a mile wide. smile.gif

So proud of this kid.

He's quite the highly decorated drummer!

Saw the video earlier, and did a great job anchoring the band! 1022.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 13 2011, 02:51 PM)
This guy:

Bell Carol Rock

So proud of this kid.

Watched your video, GG - what amazing talent! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We were setting our accounts up in the new time clock system at work, and my co-workers were joking how the answer to all my security questions would be Rush:

"What was the first concert you attended? (this was a real question) Rush" (I don't even remember what it was, but it wasn't Rush)

"What was your father's name? Rush"

"What was your first pet's name? Rush"

Too funny laugh.gif

We were in the diner last Friday night, and the classic rock station they had on played Fly By Night biggrin.gif I squeed, "Listen! Listen! It's Rush!" The best part was the people who work there got it in their heads and were whistling, singing, etc. Such a good 2.gif vibe!

Talking to one of my best friends on the phone for a good two hours - because let's face it, after you haven't seen each other in months, texting just doesn't cut it. And we're going to the mall and stuff tomorrow. Really, really looking forward to it. I feel like a part of me has returned that I lost in Lincoln. What they say is true... you really don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.. even if "gone" is just a few hours' drive away.

It's so good to be home. I think if I didn't get a single thing for Christmas, it would be more than enough. As I've gotten older I've come to realize that there's so much more to this time of year than music and shopping and even church. It's so much simpler, yet, infinitely more complex.

It's each other.

Email from one of the Blaze brothers. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Brother Blaze was telling me about how his little daughter doesn't think that the Santas in shopping malls and parties are the REAL deal. According to her, the REAL Santa is too busy to go to all those places. Those guys in malls are "stand-ins" and are just "helping out." Brother Blaze said that when they were in the mall a few weeks ago she said ((while pointing to a Santa)), "See that Santa over there. He's not the real Santa. He's just an elf." laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 3 2012, 07:59 AM)
Email from one of the Blaze brothers. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Brother Blaze was telling me about how his little daughter doesn't think that the Santas in shopping malls and parties are the REAL deal. According to her, the REAL Santa is too busy to go to all those places. Those guys in malls are "stand-ins" and are just "helping out." Brother Blaze said that when they were in the mall a few weeks ago she said ((while pointing to a Santa)), "See that Santa over there. He's not the real Santa. He's just an elf." laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jan 4 2012, 03:35 AM)
What made my day today is not nearly as cute as that^^^^.

trink39.gif

A few years ago during a Christmas holiday, the gf and I were visiting the entire Blaze clan back in the states. The little niece was sitting next to me as the gf & I are chatting. Trying to be discreet, the little niece whispers in my ear, "Is your girlfriend speaking Spanish?" I whisper back, "No. She's from Japan." She rolls her eyes and says louder, "I know that! But is she speaking Spanish?!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 3 2012, 10:53 PM)

trink39.gif

A few years ago during a Christmas holiday, the gf and I were visiting the entire Blaze clan back in the states. The little niece was sitting next to me as the gf & I are chatting. Trying to be discreet, the little niece whispers in my ear, "Is your girlfriend speaking Spanish?" I whisper back, "No. She's from Japan." She rolls her eyes and says louder, "I know that! But is she speaking Spanish?!" laugh.gif

I love the way little ones think and the things they say. It's just all so cute and fascinating to me.

A few days back, I made the announcement that dinner was going to be ready soon and that everyone should get ready (meaning, wash hands, etc.). Next thing I know, the two-year-old is waltzing into the kitchen naked as a jay bird except wearing a top hat.

And the funny thing is, at two years of age, this is cute and adorable. This *only* works for a two-year-old. The older you get, the cute factor on stuff like this goes down and the creep factor skyrockets.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 4 2012, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 3 2012, 10:53 PM)

trink39.gif

I love the way little ones think and the things they say. It's just all so cute and fascinating to me.

A few days back, I made the announcement that dinner was going to be ready soon and that everyone should get ready (meaning, wash hands, etc.). Next thing I know, the two-year-old is waltzing into the kitchen naked as a jay bird except wearing a top hat.

And the funny thing is, at two years of age, this is cute and adorable. This *only* works for a two-year-old. The older you get, the cute factor on stuff like this goes down and the creep factor skyrockets.

Shit, now I get it! When I did the same thing the other day, the gf looked at me in disgust then said, "Put some clothes on you freak!" tongue.gif

This is one from Christmas: I got to meet my niece's new boyfriend, who it turns out is a Rush fan! We had a great time discussing the band, but the best was when my 72-year-old mom (who went to the Time Machine movie with me) told him, "I liked that Time Machine movie"! I nearly burst with 2.gif family pride! I told him we'd all have to go to a show together this tour.

I also got a Fly By Night tee from my boyfriend's niece as a late Christmas present, and gave myself the GUP tour video, which we watched New Year's Eve.

Two things:

My oldest son Kerry auditioned for the Middle School Honor Band here at the university where I work, and he got 5th chair out of 15 percussionists, and he's in the top tier band. Very proud of him because he worked very hard for this.

I found my younger son Stephen asleep last night holding a picture of me. The little love.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 6 2012, 09:50 AM)
Two things:

My oldest son Kerry auditioned for the Middle School Honor Band here at the university where I work, and he got 5th chair out of 15 percussionists, and he's in the top tier band. Very proud of him because he worked very hard for this.

I found my younger son Stephen asleep last night holding a picture of me. The little love.

Way to go, Kerry! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And, what a sweeheart that Stephen is. You are so loved, Belle! smile.gif