What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 3 2011, 07:24 PM)
I just paid off the last of my Student Loan! biggrin.gif

Ah..right, so.. by my calculations that makes youuuuu.. errm.. christ! 56 yrs old. biggrin.gif

We do online questionnaires in Econ class so he can review our answers and put them up on the projector for everyone to see if they're good.

I submitted this with one of my answers about "externalities"

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10372257.jpg

He highlighted it to the entire class ^.^

Congrats on paying off your loans YBT!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I got my loan refund check for the year a little while back... four years 'til I gotta start paying it all off... wacko.gif

Going to dinner with a friend tonight. It'll be awesome since we haven't had a chance to catch up since about the beginning of September. We've both just been so busy! I look forward to it.

...And now I gotta get moving, lest I be late. laugh.gif

The Mother-in-Law leaves first thing tomorrow morning. We actually had a really good time together. I'm a little sad to see her go but I'm looking forward to getting the house back.

The Halloween decorations are going up tomorrow.

I've been volunteering at my son's school and that has been a lot of fun!

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 3 2011, 10:18 PM)
The Mother-in-Law leaves first thing tomorrow morning. We actually had a really good time together. I'm a little sad to see her go but I'm looking forward to getting the house back.

How were the onions?

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Oct 3 2011, 10:47 PM)

How were the onions?

Dude. Yesterday, I made a mean a$$ beef stew and I loaded that puppy up with onions.

She ate them all.

While she was here (four days), I went to the store TWICE and bought onions in bulk.

ONIONS! YEAH!

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 3 2011, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Oct 3 2011, 10:47 PM)

How were the onions?

Dude. Yesterday, I made a mean a$$ beef stew and I loaded that puppy up with onions.

She ate them all.

While she was here (four days), I went to the store TWICE and bought onions in bulk.

ONIONS! YEAH!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I like onions. Don't me wrong. But I think moderation is key.

Her vocabulary is... peculiar. A sampling:

Pacific = Specific

Libary = Library

Puscription = Prescription

I can only surmise that onion juice has poisoned her system beyond repair.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Oct 4 2011, 03:16 PM)
Today's my birthday! biggrin.gif

I'm going with my family to Red Lobster to celebrate and later see a movie (Driver,50/50 or Moneyball) at my local Laemmle art house theater.

bncegrn.gif Happy Birthday! Hope you had fun! bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 4 2011, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Oct 4 2011, 03:16 PM)
Today's my birthday! biggrin.gif

I'm going with my family to Red Lobster to celebrate and later see a movie (Driver,50/50 or Moneyball) at my local Laemmle art house theater.

bncegrn.gif Happy Birthday! Hope you had fun! bncegrn.gif

Ended up seeing Moneyball. Really good movie and maybe Pitt's best performance of his career.

Sci-fi/Fantasy club tonight! And the writer's group is meeting beforehand for the first time! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Can't wait. Wednesdays are something I look forward to now. tongue.gif

This day has been awesome. I won two Redbox rentals and a $5 Amazon gift card at work which will go towards Rush stuff, of course! I got the check in the mail that I thought was lost! I found out that the Rush movie IS coming to my town after all - checked the listings anew and was ecstatic at what I saw! I want to try and get a meetup going.

And last but not least, with this post, I'm now a Sphere! Woohoo! icon_alienjig.gif

The only thing that could go wrong is, I may be getting a second job (and even a third, but the hours for that one won't interfere), and I if so, I hope to God I don't have to start or work Wednesday, October 26th (or whenever people want to meet up).

Edited by 1 of the 7

Got a lot of passport, work visa, and alien registration card (yeah, I got a card that PROVES I'm an alien AlienSmiley.gif ) stuff sorted this morn. This means that I'm all set for my trip next week: going to a bro's wedding stateside + will have time for Sedona and the Grand Canyon. This calls for beer! trink38.gif

My friend/roommate and I were going to go see a late-night movie, but unfortunately it sold out... so then we just went to Red Mango (amazing fro-yo there!!) and hung out and ate frozen yogurt. It was actually really nice to just sit and talk. She's often busy with her sorority (Kappa Delta) so we don't have time to hang much outside of the dorm.

Sometimes it's nice to just connect with people.

Besides, since I paid for the ice cream this week, she's picking up the tab for the movie next week.

Yeah, The Shining!

My dad brought me back a bag of Cheetos.

May sound strange to you who live outside of the UK, but we don't have them here and they're like, one of my favorite foods. wub.gif I'd only eat them when we went abroad on holiday.

He said he found them in the Polish isle in Asda! laugh.gif laugh.gif

ph34r.gif