What's your job?

radost

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brizel @ Feb 13 2011, 11:07 AM)
Merchandiser at a Macy's Home store

oooohhh, does that encompass doing displays and window-dressings?

@ my very first job with a small town variety store, I was taught by an old-timer how to design, create and set-up the large store-front display windows to show-off and promote merchandise. I loved that aspect of my retail days...

Raw materials buyer/planner/logistician/production scheduler for an engineering and manufacturing firm.

It's not nearly as exciting as it sounds. tongue.gif

If I'd had any stones when I was younger, I would have tried to make it as a writer or a musician...but I also enjoy things like food and shelter, so, y'know...

I am a flooring consultant. I installed wall to wall carpet for 18 years. Since 2004 I have sold flooring. Except for a 15 month stint at Lowe's, this is what I have always done for a living.

QUOTE (Blue J @ May 11 2012, 05:50 AM)
Raw materials buyer/planner/logistician/production scheduler for an engineering and manufacturing firm.

It's not nearly as exciting as it sounds. tongue.gif

If I'd had any stones when I was younger, I would have tried to make it as a writer or a musician...but I also enjoy things like food and shelter, so, y'know...

Your right...its MORE EXCITING!!!!! 1022.gif common001.gif cheer.gif applaudit.gif

Seriously though, I am on board with your last sentence. I should have been a singer in a rock band. I was better at that than anything I have ever done.

Wilderness/urban survival instructor, disaster and emergency preparedness and prepping consultant. I also recently made my debut as a voice talent, I provided the voiceover for a friend's tv commercial.

I work in construction. I used to build houses, then I worked various jobs at factories and stuff, but now I'm back in construction. I hate working in factories. The job I do now is mainly building fences.

I'm also studying cultural sciences.

Lead Network Engineer and senior mainframe Systems Programmer