Your favourite CO from M*A*S*H?

Steevo

Your favourite CO from M*A*S*H?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite CO from M*A*S*H?

• Lt. Col. Blake
    • Col. Potter

I have been watching re-runs and just finished the exit of Henry. I think they both have their equal strengths so it's really impossible to choose a fave. One thing's for sure; I much prefer the first few seasons!! I'm sure many will choose differently on here so go vote and explain why if you care to. Thanks smile.gif

I voted for Potter. Never really took to Blake, and neither did I overly enjoy the first 4 or 5 seasons: probably because I absolutely detested the canned laughter, along with Wayne Rogers. Quite liked Frank Burns in those earlier series though.

But for me, Mash will always be Radar, Hawkeye, BJ, Hotlips, Potter, Klinger, Winchester and Father Mulcahy 1022.gif

I gotta go with Stevenson. That's when the show was funny. Potter was lame and he was perfect for the seriousness of the show in its later stages. Funny that Stevenson became just as lame during his visits on "The Match Game." Painful.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Dec 10 2009, 12:11 PM)
Blake, but the drop off to Potter wasn't nearly as great as the drop off from Burns to Winchester.

My thoughts exactly.

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Dec 9 2009, 03:39 AM)
I voted for Potter. Never really took to Blake, and neither did I overly enjoy the first 4 or 5 seasons: probably because I absolutely detested the canned laughter, along with Wayne Rogers. Quite liked Frank Burns in those earlier series though.

But for me, Mash will always be Radar, Hawkeye, BJ, Hotlips, Potter, Klinger, Winchester and Father Mulcahy 1022.gif

Me too! The later years were my favorite. I far preferred Margaret Houlihan as the savvy, intelligent head nurse rather than the flaky horndog she was in the earlier seasons.

I like both, but voted for Col. Potter.

My favorite era was probably right around seasons 4-5, when they had Potter, Hawkeye, BJ, Frank, Margaret, Radar, Klinger, and Fr. Mulcahy.

The writing around this time was just right for me, starting to get more serious but not as serious as the last couple of seasons. (Though generally I do prefer the later seasons to the first couple.)

Interesting posts.

I like Blake way better than potter. Potter was too serious. I also liked the earlier episodes because they were more fresh and quirky with less of the politics and anti-war monologues. I'm not saying that stuff is all bad; it's just that when I tune in to watch MASH, I want to laugh. Getting a lecture on the evils of war got old after a while.

AWW Horsefeathers! Potter and a nice mix of Burns over W, BJ was almost a sidekick to Hakeye whereas Trap was his own man, individual ideas...

hey what happened to Spearchucker didn't he make cameos in the early years?

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 11 2009, 03:31 PM)
Henry Blake without question. Potter wasn't bad, but Henry was a riot. Also, I prefer Trapper to BJ and Frank to Winchester.

So, the early years are clearly better for me.

Ditto for me