Earthshine

Which drummer is better? And why?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which drummer is better? And why?

• Ringo
    • Charlie
    • They are equal

Who's better, Ringo or Charlie, and more importantly, who cares? tongue.gif

Sorry, couldn't help it. Far from the best drummers in the world - they did what was necessary to make some great music hapen.

Ringo for me, if for no other reason than he was in The Beatles, and really, what other reason do you need?

From a technical standpoint Ringo is better. Why? Because at least he plays the hi-hat on the 2 & 4 !

As far as doing what a drummer is supposed to do, keep time...they both have nearly perfect meters. (watts might be a little better)

As far as musicality and creativity, Ringo blows Watts away.

More valuable drummer all around? Ringo because he can sing.

Ringo gets my vote.

Ringo by a mile!

Ringo was given a gorgeous Ludwig gold plated snare drum on September 5, 1964 by William F. Ludwig Jr.

http://www.2112online.com/ludwig/theday.html

http://www.usd.edu/smm/LudwigHistoricPhotos.html#Ringo

Ringo said "oh, that's nice" and handed it to a policeman to hold while they took pictures and Ringo lost the drum within 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

It was never seen again!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 3 2009, 02:34 PM)
Ringo was given a gorgeous Ludwig gold plated snare drum on September 5, 1964 by William F. Ludwig Jr.

http://www.2112online.com/ludwig/theday.html

http://www.usd.edu/smm/LudwigHistoricPhotos.html#Ringo

Ringo said "oh, that's nice" and handed it to a policeman to hold while they took pictures and Ringo lost the drum within 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

It was never seen again!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Ringo quietly had a very successful solo career with numerous hits.

Something people rarely talk about.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 3 2009, 06:19 PM)
Ringo quietly had a very successful solo career with numerous hits.

Something people rarely talk about.

I love Ringo and Goodnight Vienna. They are far from being brilliant but they have that Ringo charm.

I didnt realize how solid Ringo was until I saw him live with the all stars. I voted Ringo but they both were solid in their roles.

since i like the stones more, i go with C.W.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 3 2009, 03:18 PM)
Charlie Watts is a better all round drummer. I had to vote for him on that fact. But, I like Ringo better. He is vastly underrated.

Charlie's a jazz drummer, so he's gotta be strong technically. I find his playing pretty dull on most Stones songs, but that's by design. He's a solid keeper of rhythm.

Ringo's way more fun, if a bit sloppy sounding. I think he's a more important part of the Beatles than Charlie of the Stones- although there must be a reason that Charlie's een kept around for so long.

Tough vote, really.

Good poll and being a drummer myself I have to go with Charlie. He is totally underrated. I have seen the Stones three times in my life and each time I see them I just love watching Watts play. A simple kit with a complex mind.

I actually love his drumming on "Voodoo Lounge."

Check out "Love Is Strong."

The song is good and the drumming is strong!

Ringo is a solid time keeper but that's about it.

I actually think ZACK STARKEY kicks his father's ass on the skins.

Sincerely,

The Who?

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 3 2009, 11:42 PM)

I actually think ZACK STARKEY kicks his father's ass on the skins.

yes.gif not even in the same ball park

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 3 2009, 02:26 PM)
From a technical standpoint Ringo is better. Why? Because at least he plays the hi-hat on the 2 & 4 !

Stole my post. Charlie does seem to have a problem hitting the hi-hat and snare at the same time, doesn't he. laugh.gif

Archived