OJ Simpson dead at 76

78jazz

What a great, record breaking football player, what a garbage husband. Such a violent guy and we didn't know for a long time. My sister was a food server for a long time in a prestigious restaurant in Pittsburgh, a remodeled train station. Way in the corner of the huge room was a little table they called "the OJ" because you had to fly through the rest of the room, running like OJ, to get there and still have the food warm.  :facepalm: (before 1994.) 

It unfolded so strangely. I remember my dad, who never watched anything but the food channel, calling me and going, "Are you watching the white Bronco? I can't turn it off!" And the trial was certainly proof of the fact that wealthy people who can pay for the best lawyers have an advantage.

So sad for OJs kids to see violence against their mom, lose her, and then lose  a (crappy) dad for a time also.  Terrible for the Goldman family as well, whose son didn't do anything but try to be kind. 

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

They say 'justice prevails' ....... not in this case!

• Like 1

Goodbye.  never got what he had coming.  I was 9 when it happened.  i went to a daycare basically for handicapped kids and i remember on the tv they had the bronco chase on.  with all us kids there.  Slowest chase ever i rember thinking lol.

Mick

• Like 1

My first Bengal game was on my 14th birthday - November 17th, 1975.  Buffalo Bills @ My Beloved Bengals.  It was the Bengals' first Monday Night Football game.  We had field seats behind one of the end zones.

O.J. Simpson ran left, he ran right, he ran up the middle...for a total of 197 yards and 2 TD's....but too bad for YOU, O.J.!   :nyanya:

The great Ken Anderson passed for 447 yards and 2 TD's, and the Bengals won 33-24.   :thumbsup:   

Today, all I can say about O.J. is this:  [crickets]   (Everything that should be said about him has been said many times.) 

EDIT:  The Washington Post has already shut down all commenting forums in their articles on Simpson.  Imagine that.  

I WILL say something bad about Playboy Magazine.  I subscribed to the magazine in the early 90's.  During the "Trial", Playboy did a pictorial of Simpson's then-girlfriend, Paula Barbieri.  That was the last straw for me, as I was already fed up with Playboy's questionable publishing. 

I cancelled my subscription via a very strongly-worded letter to the Editor. 

Playboy actually printed it in their "Letters" section, but they omitted over half of it.  I pulled no punches....LOL

Edited by Principled Man

I watched some of the trial when I was in Europe. Sky News was all over it. One time, my then girlfriend came over and asked, 'What are you watching? I said, 'O.J. Simpson'. She asked, 'Who?'  :tongue:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

You know, that guy from the Hertz commercials who jumped over stuff in the airport.

A-LSAA.gif

You're on a wire. Look, I can see you're on a wire, look, there it is.    :whip:

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

How much coverage would he be getting if he hadn't been embroiled in the murder case? He'd just be a footnote in the sports column.

Yeah, it's not like he's Harry Kane.   :confused:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blueschica said:

What a great, record breaking football player, what a garbage husband. Such a violent guy and we didn't know for a long time. My sister was a food server for a long time in a prestigious restaurant in Pittsburgh, a remodeled train station. Way in the corner of the huge room was a little table they called "the OJ" because you had to fly through the rest of the room, running like OJ, to get there and still have the food warm.  :facepalm: (before 1994.) 

It unfolded so strangely. I remember my dad, who never watched anything but the food channel, calling me and going, "Are you watching the white Bronco? I can't turn it off!" And the trial was certainly proof of the fact that wealthy people who can pay for the best lawyers have an advantage.

So sad for OJs kids to see violence against their mom, lose her, and then lose  a (crappy) dad for a time also.  Terrible for the Goldman family as well, whose son didn't do anything but try to be kind. 

If there is any justice, the Goldman family will be able to attach his estate.  What a travesty of the legal system, has lead to the circus around 45's trials today.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1