Geddy Announces 'In Conversation' Tour!

Jag2112

4 hours ago, Laurabw said:

You poor thing!

Thank you. My elderly mom moved to a senior residence near by and I keep getting it there, even with masking. Thankfully the residents all seem to be able to shake it off. (And apparently on to me. :wacko: )

14 hours ago, blueschica said:

Did everyone get the pre sale pass code?    It is.   MYEFFINLIFE           Ticket presales start at 10 AM local, tomorrow morning!

I am not able to go due to a few things going on in November, but I hope to hear reports from those that did!  Also, I have had covid 3 times in 15 months, I'm not really into a crowd scene right now.  Really wonderful when the thing kicking my ass is me . . . .

You poor thing!

I was completely prepared to pass on this, but my daughter said she really wants to go, so we got a couple of nosebleed tickets for the Seattle show.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2023 at 11:23 AM, Laurabw said:

can someone tell us when they get email with code? Or I will.

Seems like the Fan Club/Backstage Club doesn't have much clout. The only seats available near me were upper balcony. We'll see what's available come Friday.

My brother got me a seat for the Toronto show, but it's upper level towards the back with a partially obstructed view. I'm going to try and grab a better one when the general on-sale happens.

I really wish there were a better way to do this. What's the point of a fan club presale if they're only selling crap seats?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, edhunter said:

I could’ve probably gotten closer, but did I really want to spend an extra $120 or so just to be 20 feet closer? Or 250 more to be in the first four rows or so? 

Second row seats at The Moore were $525 when I checked. Yeah, no thanks.

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

Where in the venue?

Balcony. If it was a musical performance I'd care more about getting better seats (and be willing to spend more) but for something that's just going to be Geddy and whoever is interviewing him sitting onstage talking, I'm not really losing sleep over how close I'm sitting. When you factor in that the ticket price includes a copy of the book (list price $40), that means just the ticket part of it is $100 with fees, probably $70 face. That's worth it to me to hear Geddy tell Rush stories for a couple of hours.

• Like 1

i'm going to put my Row P orchestra Beacon on tickpick. Since it looks like nobody is interested here.

Wish he would come close to me down in South Florida......but that’s not happening. I am not traveling for the one. Is what it is. To those that are going....enjoy!!! It should be a great event. 

doubt it, but then again Bono sang at his and Dave Grohl played and sang at theirs, so who knows. but i'm not expecting it.

I'm looking forward to the Massey Hall show, got my ticket today. I'm not suggesting this is probable, but I am wondering if we might see Alex as the 'guest interviewer' in Toronto. I would not be totally surprised. Massey Hall is important to them both, where Geddy first saw and was inspired by Jack Bruce, and of course the 1974 RUSH concert. 

• Like 2

My Facebook memories of the Dave Grohl tour at the Beacon in 2021 came up today. THAT was an amazing show. He played a few songs and then played along to his younger self on the kit on Smells Like Teen Spirit. I wasn't expecting the music, so that was really cool. But the rest of it was just as great. But boy does he curse a lot, lol. 

Wow, I'm on the next presale and there is slim pickings, there's the normal ridiculous platinum seats up close but otherwise it's mostly balcony and loge, but even that is not much. For all the people that were grousing about just a spoken word tour, I guess the rest of the fans just don't care!!