"Live by the Sword"
"Driving Me Too Hard"
"Tell Me Straight"
"Sweet Sounds of Heaven"
"Rolling Stone Blues"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Terrible album cover.

They're going to put that thing on T-shirts and try to sell them for $75.   Ugh.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grep said:

The new song is OK.  Nothing to write home about.

I agree but maybe it will grow on me.   I had the same feels about A Bigger Bang.  Great album and I saw them 13 times that tour ( 2 years long ).

• Like 1

The song is solid enough. It sounds exactly like you'd expect from them. The chorus is catchy. It's not like they really need to come out with anything new at this point. None of it will get played live either. What do they take out on favor of a new song?

• Like 1

Album cover inspired by Iron Maiden's Dance of Death.

Angry is too- simple? Easy listening? Lacking of any punch?

I don't know what it is, but it feels really low energy.

Nevertheless, like Dance of Death- maybe the inside is far superior to the outside. 

I really hope this isn't the best song. 

EDIT:

I want to add that they sound like they can still sound good with the right material. I have to think something will turn out to sound good on this album. 

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

It looks like an art student's airbrushing project from back in the1980s.

It did remind me of something!  Now I remember, looks like my kid's high school art before they went to art school . . . . 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

It looks like an art student's airbrushing project from back in the1980s.

Mick and KEEF don't want to waste their $500 million (each) on fancy album covers that most people will never see except as a colourful stamp-size icon on spotify and the like. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mosher said:

Album cover inspired by Iron Maiden's Dance of Death.

Angry is too- simple? Easy listening? Lacking of any punch?

I don't know what it is, but it feels really low energy.

Nevertheless, like Dance of Death- maybe the inside is far superior to the outside. 

I really hope this isn't the best song. 

EDIT:

I want to add that they sound like they can still sound good with the right material. I have to think something will turn out to sound good on this album. 

7ybhrb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I see they're trying to do to Sydney Sweeney what Anybody Seen My Baby did for Jolie.  Never thought I'd see her be the breakout star from Netflix's underrated Everything Sucks.

At least this song is better.  I liked ASMB 5 years before that when it was much better a k.d. lang song.

Edited by invisible airwave

7 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

7ybhrb.jpg

While true, 

My point was that they sounded like they could write good songs, based on what I heard. But my opinion about Angry is unchanged.

First pic was about one song. Second pic about the album's potential.

But who knows? Songs have grown on me in the past. 

About the time I joined this forum, I lived round the corner from where they launched the album, the Hackney Empire, and had my wedding lunch at the pub they did press conferences in, The Old Ship.

We don't tend to see them round that way too often mind.  They're more Richmond folk...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Disco said:

About the time I joined this forum, I lived round the corner from where they launched the album, the Hackney Empire, and had my wedding lunch at the pub they did press conferences in, The Old Ship.

We don't tend to see them round that way too often mind.  They're more Richmond folk...

76163099-0-image-a-61_1696430062296.jpg

• Haha 2

Bite My Head Off with McCartney on bass is the best thing The Stones have released since the songs on Tattoo You.

Paul getting fuzzy.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, custom55 said:

Bite My Head Off with McCartney on bass is the best thing The Stones have released since the songs on Tattoo You.

Paul getting fuzzy.

If the Stones had wanted to light a (bigger) fire under this album, this should have been the track they released a few weeks ago.  Of course, there was always going to be a buzz about a new Stones album.  But I agree that this is the hardest they've rocked in a while.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

If the Stones had wanted to light a (bigger) fire under this album, this should have been the track they released a few weeks ago.  Of course, there was always going to be a buzz about a new Stones album.  But I agree that this is the hardest they've rocked in a while.

Is that really necessary or healthy at their age? It would be more appropriate to release an acoustic album of their most tender ballads. 

27 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Is that really necessary or healthy at their age? It would be more appropriate to release an acoustic album of their most tender ballads. 

Jagger just had a kid a few years ago. I think they're ok to rock still.

• Like 1