Rumours or Hotel California?

Texas King

Rumours or Hotel California?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rumours or Hotel California?

• Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    • Eagles - Hotel California

Kinda surprised that rumours is getting smack to shit here but i agree.

as much as i love it.  i do not smack the perfect label on it.

I don't Wanna Know and Oh Daddy are shit.

HC is perfect first note to last......IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Kinda surprised that rumours is getting smack to shit here but i agree.

as much as i love it.  i do not smack the perfect label on it.

I don't Wanna Know and Oh Daddy are shit.

HC is perfect first note to last......IMO.

Mick

I love both those songs. I Don't Wanna Know is one of their best songs!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

yea nah, lol

i don't wanna know is a poor substitute for Silver Spring's I know they added it in in re-issues but what a ball drop that was.  Oh daaddy's just....what i imagine herpes would write if it could write songs.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I agree!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Rumours. Never liked the Igglelz, never will.

The Wiggles???

Had to go with Rumours.  Hotel California has a lot to like about it, especially Joe Walsh, but I just had to listen to it too many times when it was popular and it kind of burned a hole in my brain.  I'll listen to On The Border any day but can't do the Hotel.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, blueschica said:

Had to go with Rumours.  Hotel California has a lot to like about it, especially Joe Walsh, but I just had to listen to it too many times when it was popular and it kind of burned a hole in my brain.  I'll listen to On The Border any day but can't do the Hotel.

I agree 100%.

I never owned either album. The only album I own from either group is On The Border.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:35 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Hotel California.  Love Rumours but i re-visit HC way more.

Mick

180 degree opposite, I haven't voluntarily listened to HC in a decade or more.  I was playing Rumours as recent as a month ago (have the surround disc).

Just goes to show different strokes for people suffering from strokes.  lol

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 4

Rumours is sublime pop music.  Most of Hotel California is overwrought balladry.  A couple of the rockers are good (although I never need to hear them ever again) but songs like New Kid In Town and Wasted Time make my skin crawl.  Fleetwood Mac by a (non)country mile.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Timbale said:

Rumours is sublime pop music.  Most of Hotel California is overwrought balladry.  A couple of the rockers are good (although I never need to hear them ever again) but songs like New Kid In Town and Wasted Time make my skin crawl.  Fleetwood Mac by a (non)country mile.

Other than the title track I wouldn't have been able to name another song from Hotel California.  All their hits seem fairly similar to me as well, trying to be edgy/clever pop that comes off as dull. Most of Henley and Frey's solo material does the same.  Guess I'm not much of a fan, it would seem.

Growing up and being force fed this schlock likely doesn't enhance my appreciation of it 40 years later.  The Stones, '70s Aerosmith, Heart, CCR, and Fleetwood Mac, on the other hand, have depth (musically and/or lyrically) to their music and get some of my ear time  on a regular basis.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stoopid said:

Other than the title track I wouldn't have been able to name another song from Hotel California.  All their hits seem fairly similar to me as well, trying to be edgy/clever pop that comes off as dull. Most of Henley and Frey's solo material does the same.  Guess I'm not much of a fan, it would seem.

Growing up and being force fed this schlock likely doesn't enhance my appreciation of it 40 years later.  The Stones, '70s Aerosmith, Heart, CCR, and Fleetwood Mac, on the other hand, have depth (musically and/or lyrically) to their music and get some of my ear time  on a regular basis.

Life In The Fast Lane sounds nothing like New Kid In Town though.

• Like 3