The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

2 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Philly fans already booing their team (who is up 3-0 after the first quarter).

Even with a win, they’re probably still booing their crappy defense for making the Vikings look good.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

What do you expect from the Not-The Best Fans in Football (or any sport, for that matter)?!?

This pretty well sums it up.

ourexpectations.jpg

• Haha 2

Geno Smith throws a pass into the stratosphere, not under any duress, gets flagged for intentional grounding, and Pete goes nuts.  Yeah it was in favor of my Lions, but that wasn't even remotely close.

• Like 1

*SIGH*......Packers blow a 12-point lead in a horribly played 4th quarter. 

They let Atlanta's rookie RB Rijon Robinson have his way with them.  Falcons should've given him the ball every play!      

• Haha 1

Belichick comes up with entirely new strategy to block key field goal (it was probably really Brady since he gets credit for everything good that team has ever done) but the rest of his sorry ass team can't pull off the comeback.

Maybe he should go for the championship of the Western Division of the SEC, though they can't play Vandy as often, and that's the team they could probably beat on a regular basis.

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2023 at 12:40 PM, pjbear05 said:

NY Giants, lol.

You posted that after their 40-0 loss to the Cowboys last Sunday. The "lol" was well deserved, and they carried that ineptitude over to today's game against the Cardinals, going into the room at halftime down 20--0. Imagine having a -60 point differential after only six quarters, with zero points scored?

The Giants beat the Cards 31-28. :laugh:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

You posted that after their 40-0 loss to the Cowboys last Sunday. The "lol" was well deserved, and they carried that ineptitude over to today's game against the Cardinals, going into the room at halftime down 20--0. Imagine having a -60 point differential after only six quarters, with zero points scored?

And broke the second longest streak of losing when down 21 pts, dating to the1940s.  Bears still hold the record, which goes back to the 1920s.  Comeback Kids they ain't!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I want to see the video of the Giants’ halftime motivational speech.  :cheer:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose said:

And broke the second longest streak of losing when down 21 pts, dating to the1940s.  Bears still hold the record, which goes back to the 1920s.  Comeback Kids they ain't!

Some fun pages.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/career-passing.htm

Sid Luckman was the Bears career yardage passing leader until some time in the early to mid 2010s.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/career-receiving.htm

Johnny Morris is the Bears All Time leader in receiving yards with just over 5000.   He retired in 1967.   Justin Jefferson just passed him in that category Thursday night.  In the 2nd game of his 4th year.

• Like 1

And the most dominant team through two games is of course the Dallas Cowboys!  With our 70 to 10 scoring ratio, awesome D performance, and great balance on O, what could possibly go wrong?  

Seriously though, the much-improved run D is very good to see. Cause in football, if you can run the ball, you can beat anybody. I am cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 1

Denver Broncos just scored on a kickoff return.  Unfortunately it was after another Dolphins TD.

20 Denver - Miami 63  8:50 in the 4th.

Whoops, spoke too soon!  67 yard run from scrimmage, 70-20 Fins, 8:00 to go.

Edited by pjbear05

On 9/18/2023 at 5:00 PM, Weakly Criminal said:

And the most dominant team through two games is of course the Dallas Cowboys!  With our 70 to 10 scoring ratio, awesome D performance, and great balance on O, what could possibly go wrong?  

Seriously though, the much-improved run D is very good to see. Cause in football, if you can run the ball, you can beat anybody. I am cautiously optimistic. 

70 pts in 2 games?   Pffft

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

LABT will have visions of the Super Bowl dancing in his head . . .

Nah, way too early for that.  Since the first team I followed was the 1969 Chicago Cubs, only until something is mathematically clinched, I'll have my doubts.  It's innate.

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

And my husband was way too excited over Taylor Swift being at the Chiefs game!  :laugh: :laugh:

For some very strange reason, the Washington Post actually printed an article about that. 

It is Sunday...usually a slow news day.   

• Haha 1