The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

14 hours ago, 78jazz said:

I have a buddy who went to the game tonight that is a Lions fan.

I need to remember to wear blue tomorrow in honor of their win.

And I need to get some Lions gear to supplement my 'Fins and 'Canes stuff.-hello,Fanatics?

Btw, that avatar is cold, Jazz. I'm lovin' it!

10 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

And I need to get some Lions gear to supplement my 'Fins and 'Canes stuff.-hello,Fanatics?

Btw, that avatar is cold, Jazz. I'm lovin' it!

I might change it up.

It's been awhile and some good meme are out there now that didn't exist at the time I switched to my current avatar.

On 9/7/2023 at 3:59 PM, Principled Man said:

Mike Williams is apparently not quite dead.  He's on life support and unresponsive.  He's paralyzed from the waist down and in his right arm. 

Mike Williams is tough!  He is responsive and has been taken off life support.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Dolphins come from behind, beat Chargers, with Kevin Harlan going nuts!

Props to them.

Does that sweet Chargers defense need to be thanked? You may be able to count on them being bad.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 78jazz said:

Props to them.

Does that sweet Chargers defense need to be thanked? You may be able to count on them being bad.

Fo sho, Tua 28-45, 466 yards , 3 TD, 1 INT, not to shabby.

Packers 38

Bears 20

All you need is Love (and Aaron Jones, Romeo Doubs and a fired up, play-making defense)

15 of 27, 245 yds, 3 TDs, 123.2 rating

XhYdAcO.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

15 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Bears fans have it worse.  

They have a SB victory to keep them warm. We don't, and apparently never will. So I have zero sympathy for them. None, nada. They have it 10000% better than us.

(I am particularly bitter because I was born in Buffalo, so my two teams are 0-8 in SBs. I sympathize with peeps in Cincy and a few other towns only)

Disney and Charter Spectrum have agreed to a new deal.   

They simply couldn't deprive a New York fanbase of their game!  

Irony.

The Jets put all their hopes into a formerly great quarterback, who is at the end of his career. They agree to pay him lots and lots of money. They even sign some of his former teammates so that he will be as comfortable as possible. They see themselves as a playoff contender all because of their new media darling QB. The New York Jets are BACK!

As for the very famous, formerly great quarterback, he’s loving all the attention, as a good diva quarterback should. Both his on-field actions and his dating habits are major stories for the sports media. Inquiring minds need to know everything about this celebrity football player! (Just don’t ask him about his family.)

The sports media goes all in, making the Jets and their famous QB a top priority. Even his former team’s local newspapers can’t stop talking about him. For months, reporters and studio commentators can’t get enough of the blah blah blah when it comes to the Jets and their famous QB. His first game is on the national, prime time stage. Even Disney and Charter Spectrum surrendered to the pressure of broadcasting this EVENT to the world.

Are you ready for some football?!  GO JETS GO!

In less time than it takes to grab some snacks, IT’S ALL OVER. The formerly great quarterback, the Jets’ Savior, is taken off the field, quite possibly to never return. The sports media goes quiet for a brief moment, stunned in disbelief….

Well, I suppose they could start a new mini-series about their Savior’s rehab ordeal. They could always bring in other celebrities as guest stars….

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Irony.

The Jets put all their hopes into a formerly great quarterback, who is at the end of his career. They agree to pay him lots and lots of money. They even sign some of his former teammates so that he will be as comfortable as possible. They see themselves as a playoff contender all because of their new media darling QB. The New York Jets are BACK!

As for the very famous, formerly great quarterback, he’s loving all the attention, as a good diva quarterback should. Both his on-field actions and his dating habits are major stories for the sports media. Inquiring minds need to know everything about this celebrity football player! (Just don’t ask him about his family.)

The sports media goes all in, making the Jets and their famous QB a top priority. Even his former team’s local newspapers can’t stop talking about him. For months, reporters and studio commentators can’t get enough of the blah blah blah when it comes to the Jets and their famous QB. His first game is on the national, prime time stage. Even Disney and Charter Spectrum surrendered to the pressure of broadcasting this EVENT to the world.

Are you ready for some football?!  GO JETS GO!

In less time than it takes to grab some snacks, IT’S ALL OVER. The formerly great quarterback, the Jets’ Savior, is taken off the field, quite possibly to never return. The sports media goes quiet for a brief moment, stunned in disbelief….

Well, I suppose they could start a new mini-series about their Savior’s rehab ordeal. They could always bring in other celebrities as guest stars….

Oh my gosh, Twitter was epic last night! The guy that flipped off Wilson after the interception blew up the Internet. Sports betting is legal in Massachusetts now and you can bet pretty much right down to what color shoelaces a guy might have. My supervisor had a bet that if the Jets scored a rushing touchdown in each game this year, he would win 16 grand. He almost took care of game one early in the first quarter when the guy broke off for the 75 yard run. And that was it. They only came close once after that and got stopped. Bet lost. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:10 PM, Principled Man said:

Mike Williams is tough!  He is responsive and has been taken off life support.   

Not tough enough, I guess.  It's now official.  He passed away.   

2 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Not tough enough, I guess.  It's now official.  He passed away.   

:rose:

2 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Neither.  Don't play fantasy...

You fantasize about other things?  :wink:  :wink: