The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

9 hours ago, BastillePark said:

NFL or NHL?

Oh, sheesh, I can't even post in the right thread anymore!  :facepalm:   NHL, Penguins.  He has played 37 professional seasons (some over in Czech Republic) ; pretty good for hockey, but that would be amazing in the NFL!

It's been a rough week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Oh, sheesh, I can't even post in the right thread anymore!  :facepalm:   NHL, Penguins.  He has played 37 professional seasons (some over in Czech Republic) ; pretty good for hockey, but that would be amazing in the NFL!

It's been a rough week.

Not a big deal at all. I posted a picture of the latest movie I watched in a completely unrelated thread yesterday. I think I deleted it before anyone saw it but who knows. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blueschica said:

It's been a rough week.

:biggrin:

It took everything I had not to post something like "best two sport athlete since Bo Jackson".  :tongue:

• Haha 1

So, a week has passed and we've all had time to calmly look back at the Super Bowl and evaluate each team's play.  Looking at SF, what I saw was a defense holding the league's current most successful  QB to zero points in the 1st Q and three points in the half, while a supposed high powered Niners offense fails to capitalize on opportunity and only puts up 10 points.  The SF defense continues its strong play allowing only a slight second half rebound by KC , while the Niners offense essentially abandons its ground game plan and sputters out, leading to a tie.  The head coach then opts to give the opposition - again, led by the league's most successful QB - the distinct advantage of getting the ball second, with predictable results.  

A frustrated SF franchise  quickly responds by shaking things up and does the logical thing:  Fire the defensive coordinator.  :blink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goose said:

It took everything I had not to post something like "best two sport athlete since Bo Jackson".  :tongue:

Kirk Gibson:  Bo knows baseball.

Jim Everett:  Bo knows football.

Michael Jordan:  Bo knows basketball, too.

John McEnroe:  Bo knows tennis?

John Benoit:  Bo knows running!  

Wayne Gretsky [skates up to the camera]:  NO.  

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Kirk Gibson:  Bo knows baseball.

Jim Everett:  Bo knows football.

Michael Jordan:  Bo knows basketball, too.

John McEnroe:  Bo knows tennis?

John Benoit:  Bo knows running!  

Wayne Gretsky [skates up to the camera]:  NO.  

Those were great commercials

• Like 1

Members of the NFL competition committee and league leaders met here Sunday and discussed potential major modifications to the kickoff. Participants emerged from the approximately four-hour meeting with growing conviction that the committee might propose significant changes by which the NFL could implement a version of the XFL kickoff model as soon as next season.

The NFL’s consideration of the XFL kickoff alignment, or something resembling it, means the kicker would line up in roughly the traditional spot on the field to kick the ball.  The other members of the kicking team would begin the play lined up far down the field, perhaps only five yards from the blockers for the receiving team. That would attempt to reduce the space and speed elements of the kickoff that result in such violent collisions and frequent injuries.

:wtf:  :wtf:  :wtf:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Members of the NFL competition committee and league leaders met here Sunday and discussed potential major modifications to the kickoff. Participants emerged from the approximately four-hour meeting with growing conviction that the committee might propose significant changes by which the NFL could implement a version of the XFL kickoff model as soon as next season.

The NFL’s consideration of the XFL kickoff alignment, or something resembling it, means the kicker would line up in roughly the traditional spot on the field to kick the ball.  The other members of the kicking team would begin the play lined up far down the field, perhaps only five yards from the blockers for the receiving team. That would attempt to reduce the space and speed elements of the kickoff that result in such violent collisions and frequent injuries.

:wtf:  :wtf:  :wtf:

83.3% were touchbacks last year, up from 65.8% prior to the rule making a fair catch inside 25yds a touchback.  If that's not safe enough, just eliminate the kickoff altogether. 

15 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Yes, but is it good for the Cowboys? Maybe, if this kid is an heir, it'll be a soap opera, like, I dunno, Dallas, and the family will have to sell the team!

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Yes, but is it good for the Cowboys? Maybe, if this kid is an heir, it'll be a soap opera, like, I dunno, Dallas, and the family will have to sell the team!

"...today on Lauren Lake's Paternity Court."

• Haha 1

The Packers have released RB Aaron Jones.   :rage: :rage: :rage:

…..who is now joining the VIKINGS.  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1