The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

2 hours ago, goose said:

Rams open the game in prevent defense.

:blink:

Lions weren't in prevent defense but the secondary played like it. They couldn't stop a cold.

• Haha 1

Well, that was a bittersweet game for Rams fans.  At least it was to a long time underdog and former QB...and Cowboys being Cowboys. :laugh:

Now, win it all like Red Sox did in 04 after beating my Angels.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

"I'm floored...this is incomprehensible."  Maybe you need to get out of football entirely, Jerruh.

Jerruh should change his name to Vizzini....

inconceivable.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I found a cure for the commercial break blues. 'Bush Man Pranks'. :bounce: You can go through a whole season in one game. 

Freaky the Scary Snowman is my go-to prank video......:biggrin:

dLH5fjQ.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After losing to the Buffalo Bills in the wild-card round Monday evening, the Pittsburgh Steelers coach walked off the podium in the visitors interview room at Highmark Stadium when he was asked a question that began, "Mike, you have a year left on your contract."

GOOD.  I can't stand these schmuck reporters asking inappropriate questions at the worst possible times. 

NFL Head Coaches' #1 most hated duty is to talk to the press.  I bet that most of them would never do it if given a choice.    

• Like 2

Tampa Bay has joined the Packers in the race to be the "worst" Super Bowl champion with a 13-8 record.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Tampa Bay has joined the Packers in the race to be the "worst" Super Bowl champion with a 13-8 record.  :thumbsup:

Bucs were impressive. Mayfield could do no wrong. The dropped TD pass to Evans was a thing of beauty. But Evans made up for it on very next play. 

Every TB player seemed in sync and where they were supposed to be and adjusted to every change as the play required. 

One of the sharpest performances I've seen this year. 

17 minutes ago, Inthend said:

Bucs were impressive. Mayfield could do no wrong. The dropped TD pass to Evans was a thing of beauty. But Evans made up for it on very next play. 

Every TB player seemed in sync and where they were supposed to be and adjusted to every change as the play required. 

One of the sharpest performances I've seen this year. 

The Packer defense made Mayfield look like a Hall of Famer earlier this year.  They played such passive defense. 

You just can't let the man stand back there and pick you apart!  :rage:

A reporter posed this wonderful question to Coach Todd Bowles:

"Coach, looking forward toward Detroit. The weather has been a factor in some of the playoff games even for the most prepared teams.  Today, it’s 13 (degrees) in Detroit, which doesn’t compare to some of the temperatures … any special plans to acclimate the team to not only endure but perform in those kind of frigid temperatures should you face them in Detroit?"

:facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

A reporter posed this wonderful question to Coach Todd Bowles:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

I'd be tempted to fire a reporter who asked that question. Either not a typical sports reporter or maybe just covers soccer or some other silly game. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, BastillePark said:

I'd be tempted to fire a reporter who asked that question. Either not a typical sports reporter or maybe just covers soccer or some other silly game. :biggrin:

I bet you can't guess the reporter's gender.  :tongue:

23 minutes ago, goose said:

I bet you can't guess the reporter's gender.  :tongue:

Last year, on the Monday before the Super Bowl, a (male) reporter yelled out to Philly Coach Nick Sirianni:  Is this a must-win game?  

It was not the first time a reporter has asked a player or coach this question before a Super Bowl.   :facepalm:

• Haha 1

Mike McCarthy is returning as the Cowboys' head coach next year.    :ohmy:

2024 is the last year of his 5-year contract.  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Mike McCarthy is returning as the Cowboys' head coach next year.    :ohmy:

2024 is the last year of his 5-year contract.  

:thumbsdown:

• Like 2