The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Poop wins over the cheese.  A little pepperoni would've helped. I know, Monday morning quarterbacking.   :blush:

Two major coaching blunders tonight, and less than stellar FG kicking.  What might have been...

• Like 1

In spite of this huge wave of disappointment and dejection, I would say:

• The Packers gave the 49ers all they could handle. That's what I wanted to see.
  • I bet the 49ers will crush whomever they play next.
  • The Packers did themselves proud. They came *this close* to the NFC Championship Game.
  • Jordan Love learned some valuable lessons tonight. He will be better next year.
  • The Packers should be loaded next year. Get some high quality draft picks (big men, I hope). A more experienced WR and TE corps. Another stud RB to help Jones and Wilson.
  • Can't wait for the Draft!

yVJRPIP.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goose said:

Two major coaching blunders tonight, and less than stellar FG kicking.  What might have been...

The Packers played great for 43 minutes, then faltered.  Even then, they could have won the game.  As always, 2-3 are the difference in big games.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goose said:

So, you mean pepperoni and sausage?   :unsure:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goose said:

GB lost their composure down the stretch.  Not calling TO at 1:40 was :blink:

LeFluer is a good coach. But like many top end coaches they out-think themselves. 

I was conflicted about this game. On one hand that's another home game for the Lions if GB wins. On the other hand, I didn't want to face GB since they bitch slapped them on Thanksgiving. Now if the Lions are able to go to SF, that's not such a heartbreak if they lose. 

Lions are rocking that all blue today (the blueberries). The mighty blueberries are undefeated this year. Lions CBs are trash, but TB can't run which makes them one-dimensional. Hoping Houston plays today to unleash 2 decent rushers on Baker Bigmouth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Lions interception, Derek Barnes! 49er's we're coming for ya!

woowoo the mighty blueberries take it! 

Ragnow is a freaking stud. Amazing how many injuries he plays through. 

SF is the favorite, but this match-up should be interesting. 

A NBC hub in Indianapolis went down during the game and took out 60 local stations. Luckily most of it was down during halftime. Someone needs to get fired tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HemiBeers said:

woowoo the mighty blueberries take it! 

Ragnow is a freaking stud. Amazing how many injuries he plays through. 

SF is the favorite, but this match-up should be interesting. 

SF is pretty good,  as is Baltimore.    These playoff games seem perfunctory,  tbh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose said:

SF is pretty good,  as is Baltimore.    These playoff games seem perfunctory,  tbh

I don't see anyone beating Baltimore but SF looked pretty pedestrian yesterday. So I think Detroit has a fighting chance at least. They're playing with house money at this point so I'm good with win or lose.

As a lifelong Michigan resident, I've had to put up with the island of misfit toys called the Lions for over 60 years. Forgive me if I'm a little over-enthusiastic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HemiBeers said:

I don't see anyone beating Baltimore but SF looked pretty pedestrian yesterday. So I think Detroit has a fighting chance at least. They're playing with house money at this point so I'm good with win or lose.

As a lifelong Michigan resident, I've had to put up with the island of misfit toys called the Lions for over 60 years. Forgive me if I'm a little over-enthusiastic.

I am definitely rooting for Detroit, rock city 

• Like 1

Game already has an obvious winner!  Extra points for being yourself next to Taylor !

Edited by blueschica
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned