Jump to content

Polls and Polls and Polls


Recommended Posts

As Random Samples has a containment subsection for spam/games/etc., should we maybe unclutter Music of the Spheres with its own subsection for polls? More than half the topics on the front page are all polls. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

As Random Samples has a containment subsection for spam/games/etc., should we maybe unclutter Music of the Spheres with its own subsection for polls? More than half the topics on the front page are all polls. 

Yeah, it's a bit much these days. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

You find that to be a serious issue for some reason?

It's annoying AF to be honest.

 

Not that I go to MOTS all that frequently, but if I did, I'd sure get tired of seeing HUNDREDS of polls with stuff like Blue Oyster Cult Elimination Round 7, Toto Elimination Round 9, on and on and on and on.  It's bad enough that the New Topics section is dominated by them, sometimes 4 out of the five are all polls.  Right now in MOTS, 21 of the 30 topics on the first page are polls (this does not include the pinned topics up top.)

 

Honestly, I am deeply ambivalent to these polls.  On the one hand, they are good because they get and keep members posting and coming back and being involved on a board for a band that has been inactive for 7 years, and will never record or tour again as that particular unit.  So that's good.

 

On the other hand, does every fvcking band ever need a poll on it's discography?  

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i kinda stopped posting cause of it.   all these tournaments are just too much honestly i mean it's fine if their popular but i'll wait till that obsession dies off.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tangy said:

Yeah, it's a bit much these days. 

Maybe we should settle this democratically...with a poll.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

 

 

Honestly, I am deeply ambivalent to these polls.  On the one hand, they are good because they get and keep members posting and coming back and being involved on a board for a band that has been inactive for 7 years, and will never record or tour again as that particular unit.  So that's good.

 

 

 

I never saw it as an issue because of these reasons here. If you don't like a band the poll is about then just scroll past it and post wherever else you want to. That's what I do in any section on this board if I have no interest in the topic. These polls aren't preventing anyone from posting in different threads. Bump something up if you want to talk about it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A dedicated poll section would be fantastic.

 

I like some of the polls, but I also like order.

 

As polls are clearly a thing on their own, another subforum makes more sense. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mosher said:

A dedicated poll section would be fantastic.

 

I like some of the polls, but I also like order.

 

As polls are clearly a thing on their own, another subforum makes more sense. 

 

 

Like the "feedback" subgroup 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mosher said:

A dedicated poll section would be fantastic.

 

I like some of the polls, but I also like order.

 

As polls are clearly a thing on their own, another subforum makes more sense. 

 

 

exactly this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well as someone who posts a lot of the polls in question, I had no idea people were so put off by them! I would gladly move all of my polling into a poll specific subform if that's what folks would prefer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that finds it strange, with the exception of Mick, the people who are complaining about the polls being off-putting are members who haven't even been posting regularly in ages? Like even before the polls you guys weren't around that much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Am I the only one that finds it strange, with the exception of Mick, the people who are complaining about the polls being off-putting are members who haven't even been posting regularly in ages? Like even before the polls you guys weren't around that much.

I find it strange that you find it strange. Makes sense to me! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

I could never complain about polls because I've done a million polls myself, right from when I first arrived. :zalice:

Maybe we should do a poll on whether or not you make too many polls.

 

Seriously, though: Yes, you are known for making polls, but it is not the number of polls you make, but rather the number of options for which we can vote in any given poll you've made, that make you stand out.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Subsection would be nice, it's been out of control for a while but there isn't much else being discussed.  Could be there's not much new because the polls are dominating and driving everything (and everyone) into the other sections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well as someone who posts a lot of the polls in question, I had no idea people were so put off by them! I would gladly move all of my polling into a poll specific subform if that's what folks would prefer.

I think it's more the full discography polls that are getting tedious.  With the bulk of those it seems to take seven rounds of eliminating albums few care about to get to the meat of most bands' discographies.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...