What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Went on a fantastic day fishing trip 80 miles away, and noticed getting home I left my pole up there. :facepalm:

Thirty bucks I'm not getting back. Thinking positively, I did NOT forget the $600 pistol up there.

• Like 1

Another fu***** earthquake just now,

They are happening almost on a daily basis. :facepalm:

All the little ones help diffuse the big one.

Signed,

Living on the San Andreas Fault

• Like 2

I am extremely angry and heartbroken and sitting here at work and a total mess.

I have been passing this box on the side of the Quickway on my way to work in the grass for about a week. It is a 65mph highway, so I usually am going to fast to stop.

But today, I actually stopped because I made a point of remembering where the box was.

Someone left a cat in there and in the heat it dehydrated and died. It couldn't have already been dead because there were toys with it. So maybe there were kittens too, I don't know.

If I had stopped the first day I saw it I could have saved it. I am not going to get this vision out of my head for a while.

I have a call into animal control, and they actually sending the troopers out there because it is a state road.

I cannot believe someone did this. I am just really disgusted at the world right now. I can't stop thinking about it and I can't stop crying. very cruel..very very cruel...

• Like 5

I have been passing this box on the side of the Quickway on my way to work in the grass for about a week. It is a 65mph highway, so I usually am going to fast to stop.

But today, I actually stopped because I made a point of remembering where the box was.

Someone left a cat in there and in the heat it dehydrated and died. It couldn't have already been dead because there were toys with it. So maybe there were kittens too, I don't know.

If I had stopped the first day I saw it I could have saved it. I am not going to get this vision out of my head for a while.

I have a call into animal control, and they actually sending the troopers out there because it is a state road.

I cannot believe someone did this. I am just really disgusted at the world right now. I can't stop thinking about it and I can't stop crying. very cruel..very very cruel...

And the legal punishments for animal cruelty are pretty lax. :(

Sorry to hear

Wow. Really sad, and more than enough to piss someone off...

• Like 2

Last year, we replaced our 25 year old air conditioner.

Today, the hottest day of the year (32 C or 90 F), I came home to a hot house. AC is not working. :( the first available service appointment is tomorrow afternoon. :sigh:

The manufacturer of the compressor switched flushing agents last year. The new solution has since been identified as gumming up a valve which caused our new AC to freeze. The service guy installed an agent to remove the blockage, but you have to run the AC for 15 minutes, then turn it off for a half an hour until there is no more freezing. Could go on for 24 hours with this on and off procedure before we are back to full time AC. Sigh. i guess I should be happy this is under warranty...

Last year, we replaced our 25 year old air conditioner.

Today, the hottest day of the year (32 C or 90 F), I came home to a hot house. AC is not working. :( the first available service appointment is tomorrow afternoon. :sigh:

The manufacturer of the compressor switched flushing agents last year. The new solution has since been identified as gumming up a valve which caused our new AC to freeze. The service guy installed an agent to remove the blockage, but you have to run the AC for 15 minutes, then turn it off for a half an hour until there is no more freezing. Could go on for 24 hours with this on and off procedure before we are back to full time AC. Sigh. i guess I should be happy this is under warranty...

Is your climate humid? If it isn't humid, and your nights are cool, get yourself one of those window fans that pulls air in from the outside.

Edited by Lorraine

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I appreciate them.

Day II - State Police won't touch it because there is no id and cat is now "decomposing" and they are now going to leave it to the Department of Transportation to pick it up as if it were a deer in the road. Humane societies in area claim not in their jurisdiction because it is a state road, they also do not want to touch it.

If I want to take it, they said it was up to me and be careful blah blah blah.

As disgusting as it sounds I took pictures of the box that said "free" on it and everything else.

I don't know what I will do but if I decide to take on this task, I will do it tomorrow with gloves and mask and the whole nine yards.

I may write and article for the newspaper about people and their lack of _________________(fill in blank).

We hear in the media about humane treatment of animals and all that - well? where was the justice here?

I don't know, I just want to throw up.

I pulled a muscle or some thing in my chest,

Must have happened at work. Its very annoying. :madra:

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

What really bothers me is,

Not knowing when it happened. Woke up yesterday and felt some pain. Now it is a lot worse.

Not knowing when it happened. Woke up yesterday and felt some pain. Now it is a lot worse.

It's not on the left side of your chest or your left arm, is it?

• Like 1

It is on my left side,

More towards the lower side of my ribs. No problem with my arm.

It is on my left side,

Just be careful it's not a heart attack :scared:

• Like 1

It is on my left side,

Just lovely :facepalm:

It is on my left side,

Shit. Do the obvious: Have a doc check it out to be on the safe side.

• Like 2

It is on my left side,

Yeah,

My girlfriend keeps bugging me about it. I have determined it is work related. I was working inside the bakery production area on some lights that are about 20ft. off the ground. A lot of twisting, turning and bending at different angles. I will wait a couple of days before deciding on the doctor visit.

• Like 1

It is on my left side,

Yeah,

My girlfriend keeps bugging me about it. I have determined it is work related. I was working inside the bakery production area on some lights that are about 20ft. off the ground. A lot of twisting, turning and bending at different angles. I will wait a couple of days before deciding on the doctor visit.

I hope that you feel better soon! Rib things are so tricky. I'm glad you don't have any more serious symptoms. Hope you can rest over the weekend!

• Like 1