What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Rain

Hoping for some here tonight and at least some each day for the next couple days anyway. Keeping the grass and plants from dying has been a chore around here for the last few weeks at least. Very hot and little rain. My water bill is normally about 35 dollars a month and my last one was 65. Gotta do it though or everything would be dead by now and all the hard work wasted...

We FINALLY got some rain here, and got quite a bit of it, as in more than one quick shower. We need more of this. It keeps the temps down, too. I don't mind the humidity, if it keeps it from being 100 plus the sun beating down.

Yep. You know the kind of weather we have been having. It's like like its been "100 degrees in the shade" or anything but it has been damn uncomfortable. I don't recall but maybe once it being this hot and humid for such a long stretch and so early in the summer and I was in the cooling business and would remember. Those guys are working their buns off I guarantee it. I can barely mow the grass for two hours in this mess anymore. I can't imagine ever going back to doing that for a living ever again. Was awful for my health I have a feeling...

Rain

Hoping for some here tonight and at least some each day for the next couple days anyway. Keeping the grass and plants from dying has been a chore around here for the last few weeks at least. Very hot and little rain. My water bill is normally about 35 dollars a month and my last one was 65. Gotta do it though or everything would be dead by now and all the hard work wasted...

Yeah that's no fun but I'd like at least a few sunny days this summer.

Most Rainy Days

Large US cities where it rains or snows on over 130 days each year City Days

Rochester, New York 167

Buffalo, New York 167

Portland, Oregon 164

Cleveland, Ohio 155

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 151

Seattle, Washington 149

Columbus, Ohio 139

Cincinnati, Ohio 137

Miami, Florida 135

Detroit, Michigan 135

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

Eaglemoon, I know what you mean...I liked Pittsburgh quite a lot but couldn't take the weather there and moved back to New Jersey. The rain and lack of sunshine was too much for me. I remember it was February and about negative 10 degrees outside, but sunny...I went for walk in shorts. That being said, it is raining here today...going to take a nap.
  • Like 1

Rain

Most Rainy Days

Large US cities where it rains or snows on over 130 days each year City Days Rochester, New York 167 Buffalo, New York 167 Portland, Oregon 164 Cleveland, Ohio 155 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 151 Seattle, Washington 149 Columbus, Ohio 139 Cincinnati, Ohio 137 Miami, Florida 135 Detroit, Michigan 135

No SC cities on there. No surprise to me there...

Rain

Most Rainy Days

Rochester, New York 167

Buffalo, New York 167

Portland, Oregon 164

Cleveland, Ohio 155

Seattle, Washington 149

Columbus, Ohio 139

Cincinnati, Ohio 137

Miami, Florida 135

Detroit, Michigan 135

I've lived in 3 of those cities now. Columbus, Cincinnati and now Pittsburgh. No wonder I'm always depressed. :LOL:

• Like 2

Rain

Most Rainy Days

Rochester, New York 167

Buffalo, New York 167

Portland, Oregon 164

Cleveland, Ohio 155

Seattle, Washington 149

Columbus, Ohio 139

Cincinnati, Ohio 137

Miami, Florida 135

Detroit, Michigan 135

I've lived in 3 of those cities now. Columbus, Cincinnati and now Pittsburgh. No wonder I'm always depressed. :LOL:

No wonder you're "all wet"... :LOL:

I parked last night at a vacant lot of a closed plant, next to the place where I'm supposed to deliver my first stop, today. Some dickhead drives up to the truck, starts blowing his horn at 6:30, and asks me if I'm delivering there or at the furniture store, next door, when my trailer is painted up in a scheme that clearly shows that I have mattresses. I'm thinking he was with the furniture place and was going to open up and take delivery.

No. He just drove off. Now, I can't go back to sleep.

I've had a cold on the hottest day of the year.

That's not nice. I hope you feel better soon.

Just found out my brother in law has a malignant tumor in the soft tissue of his neck, too close to the neck artery to operate. He is seeing another Dr. today about lots of radiation and chemo as alternative. Healing thoughts are appreciated.

Just found out my brother in law has a malignant tumor in the soft tissue of his neck, too close to the neck artery to operate. He is seeing another Dr. today about lots of radiation and chemo as alternative. Healing thoughts are appreciated.

Sorry to hear this, Chica. Will keep him and his family in my prayers. :hug2:

• Like 1

:hug2: good healing thoughts and prayers sent.

• Like 1

this shit happened last night but, my mom got in a car crash. of course she was doped up on pills while driving. after lots of yelling and crying and arguing when she was home, i went to my room to write her a letter. I ended up relapsing, now my thighs are all cut up and looking at them makes me cry. I've been going through a really rough mental health patch lately but this set me off.

this shit happened last night but, my mom got in a car crash. of course she was doped up on pills while driving. after lots of yelling and crying and arguing when she was home, i went to my room to write her a letter. I ended up relapsing, now my thighs are all cut up and looking at them makes me cry. I've been going through a really rough mental health patch lately but this set me off.

is your mom ok? now breath--it's sad to hear you are having a rough mental patch, I don't know your history but :hug2:

yours is a much better reason to be pissed that my dog pissing.

is your mom ok? now breath--it's sad to hear you are having a rough mental patch, I don't know your history but :hug2:

yeah she's fine. I'm just pissed at her because nothing that's happened lately sets in the reality that she needs to change her lifestyle.

yeah she's fine. I'm just pissed at her because nothing that's happened lately sets in the reality that she needs to change her lifestyle.

sad thing is she is going to have to be the one to make the lifestyle change, and as a loved one I know how hard that is watching.

don't blame yourself and if you start feeling out of control find someone to talk too.

Thanks so much guys. It's a long road for T. and my sister; I believe prayers really help.

• Like 4

Thanks so much guys. It's a long road for T. and my sister; I believe prayers really help.

Prayers do work--sometimes I have called myself a theistic agnostic and yet I have always had a firm testimony that when you speak to the sky something beyond yourself happens.

• Like 1

Prayers do work--sometimes I have called myself a theistic agnostic and yet I have always had a firm testimony that when you speak to the sky something beyond yourself happens.

The sky can't do anything for you, but God can. ;)

• Like 2

The sky can't do anything for you, but God can. ;)

I think prayer is a powerful tool, and most of the time I have faith there is a God answering them. Just a shadow of a doubt here about God--but prayers have always helped- paradox, I think not.

this is not the correct forum and thread for this conversation--sorry.

• Like 2

So sorry to hear this! Sending thoughts your way and wishing him a full recovery :hug2:

• Like 4