What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Someone reported a photo I put on Facebook. Ok, it was a little graphic but it was meant in the spirit of last night's Stanley Cup Final game. :)

Graphic? People do report that kind of sh*t?... :eh:

Someone reported a photo I put on Facebook. Ok, it was a little graphic but it was meant in the spirit of last night's Stanley Cup Final game. :)

Oh yeah...see the NHL thread and my latest post and you'll see it...

I miss my guy. :( He's been out of town for a week at a work conference. We've texted like crazy, but still. And I won't see him tonight because he's got to prepare for work tomorrow, AND I won't see him tomorrow because of Rush! (That's definitely not a bad reason, though!)

Oh well, at least by the time I see him on Wednesday I'll be done with shark week.

Oh shit. I think I've missed something here. You got a new BF? Sorry, I had no idea. LOL.

Oh yeah...see the NHL thread and my latest post and you'll see it...

Not the "graphic" I was thinking of but that is pretty bad I suppose. Apologies for where my mind was... :sigh: :blush:

(This is for no one in the Land of Rushcraft, or TRF)

If people have nothing nice to say, can they just remain quiet?

Will it kill them to keep quiet? Will they just self combust?

Burst into flames right out in the parking lot -

nothing left but shoe laces, or a belt buckle, or eyeglasses and a puff of smoke?

I wish.

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. The end.

I need to find something else to do with my life. This is not as easy as people think it is...

• Like 4

Spending entirely too much time "on hold", on the phone, with more than one government agency yesterday.

Today isn't much better.

• Like 1

AAARRRRGHHHH!
  • Like 2

AAARRRRGHHHH!

What's wrong?

Ugh, the usual. Haven't seen the man since last Friday. Court schedule and clients from hell. He's on a winning streak for sure, but is earning every penny. I can tell he's utterly and completely exhausted; he NEVER makes spelling and grammar errors in his texts (we're geeky that way), but latest texts are rife with them.

So just frustration! This weekend, I hope!

The fact that I'm not 25 years old anymore. After a hard night's work, my body is freakin' SPENT....... :doh:
  • Like 2

The fact that I'm not 25 years old anymore. After a hard night's work, my body is freakin' SPENT....... :doh:

I don't work nights, but I feel that way about sometimes when I start falling asleep at 10:00 or 10:30 at night or something. I normally get up at 4:45 every morning, so by the time 10:30 rolls around and I'm starting to doze off, yeah, it's been an 18-hour day. But I still get upset sometimes and feel old, because I used to have more energy than that.

I say that most of the time I still feel like I'm about 25, because of the energy I do normally have. But by 11:00 at night... :huh:

The ironic thing about this post is that I've just come off spending nearly an entire 24 hours in bed. Haha...but I'm doing a bit better now.

I don't work nights, but I feel that way about sometimes when I start falling asleep at 10:00 or 10:30 at night or something. I normally get up at 4:45 every morning, so by the time 10:30 rolls around and I'm starting to doze off, yeah, it's been an 18-hour day. But I still get upset sometimes and feel old, because I used to have more energy than that.

I say that most of the time I still feel like I'm about 25, because of the energy I do normally have. But by 11:00 at night... :huh:

The ironic thing about this post is that I've just come off spending nearly an entire 24 hours in bed. Haha...but I'm doing a bit better now.

No kidding. I used to thrive on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Now I need at least 7. Sometimes I'll even take an afternoon nap on the weekends!

24 hours in bed isn't a bad thing, depending on the activity. ;)

AAARRRRGHHHH!

What's wrong?

Ugh, the usual. Haven't seen the man since last Friday. Court schedule and clients from hell. He's on a winning streak for sure, but is earning every penny. I can tell he's utterly and completely exhausted; he NEVER makes spelling and grammar errors in his texts (we're geeky that way), but latest texts are rife with them.

Not sure what dude you're talking about. Is this the guy you met earlier in the year at your gym?

AAARRRRGHHHH!

What's wrong?

Not sure what dude you're talking about. Is this the guy you met earlier in the year at your gym?

Yep. Husband & I are separated; not sure when/if I'll file for divorce. We do get along, as you saw. It's just not a good marriage. I am not leaving him for Gym Guy, just to be perfectly clear. I am tired of supporting someone who works hard but only at the jobs he feels like doing, and he jumps from job to job. After 12 years that isn't likely to change. Plus the other problem....

But Gym Guy and I have been sort of an item since March. We genuinely enjoy each other's company and it's nice to have someone who wants to talk about something other than sports. It's not serious and probably won't lead to anything long-term, but for now it's very nice.

• Like 1

No kidding. I used to thrive on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Now I need at least 7. Sometimes I'll even take an afternoon nap on the weekends!

Wow. Although there certainly have been times when I've got away with less sleep (and was often sick as a result) I am an 8-9 hours a night person. I can get away with a couple days of less (6-7 hours) sleep, but as a rule I need at least 8 hours a night to feel good the next day.

What's frustrating is I thought people needed less sleep as they got older, but that doesn't seem to be happening to me. It would be great if I didn't have to sleep as much.

• Like 1

Haha!

Well...it wasn't that. :(

I get along very well with five to six hours still. Not bad for an old :codger:

Wow. Although there certainly have been times when I've got away with less sleep (and was often sick as a result) I am an 8-9 hours a night person. I can get away with a couple days of less (6-7 hours) sleep, but as a rule I need at least 8 hours a night to feel good the next day.

What's frustrating is I thought people needed less sleep as they got older, but that doesn't seem to be happening to me. It would be great if I didn't have to sleep as much.

I rarely sleep 8 hours at a time,

If I do its from a long fishing trip after getting home. I am always tossing and turning. I don't need much sleep at one time. A few hours here and there. Hate being in bed for long periods of time.

If I do its from a long fishing trip after getting home. I am always tossing and turning. I don't need much sleep at one time. A few hours here and there. Hate being in bed for long periods of time.

I would sell my soul to get a full 8 hrs of uninterrupted sleep. Alas, my bladder, my brain that never shuts off, and noise from the family prevent me from getting it......

:doh: :doh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

I would sell my soul to get a full 8 hrs of uninterrupted sleep. Alas, my bladder, my brain that never shuts off, and noise from the family prevent me from getting it......

Thats me!! :LOL:

Occasionally I will take a Restoril (prescription sleeping pill, sort of like Valium). I like it because a - it works, b - it doesn't make the user do weird shit like raid the fridge or go for a drive while still asleep, and c - as long as I take it when I know I'll be getting at least 8 hours of sleep, it doesn't make me groggy the next day.

It's not something I can just take at 2am because I've been unable to fall asleep, though. I use it only on those nights when I can tell I am way too amped up to fall asleep any time soon.