What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Okay, here's how my day went:

Woke up 5.30am and got to work at 7am. Due to a new WMS system being implemented my duties has been expanded to deal with a lot more, because two workers have been taken out of the daily operation. So far so good. To relieve some of the workload that's put on me I have been appointed a temp. I have been feeling sick all day, my throat is swollen and hurts like hell, no energy left and I told my colleagues early on that I'd might leave before time. Yesterday, before I knew I was gonna get sick, the temp and I volunteered to stay after work today to do some cleaning. Then today he comes up to me and asks:

"Do you think it's okay if I go home at regular time?"

Me: "I thought you'd agreed to stay and help? But why?"

Him: "It's just a shame to be working when the weather's so nice" ( :facepalm: )

Me: "I don't think that's a good idea. I feel like shit and I don't think I have much left in me." (2.45pm)"

Him: "Are you feeling sick?"

Me: "Yes I am."

What do you think he did? He just f***ing bails out and f***ing leaves without saying anything to anybody! Thanks for leaving me hanging! At least we could have helped each other. Then he tells my boss that I said it was okay that he left which I of course hadn't.

So he basically lost all his respect. The only positive about this is that I gained a lot of respect from my coworkers and boss, for digging deep to find that extra and help lifting as a team. I worked a 14 hour shift because of this dipshit.

I'm sorry that some people are rotten, but they are.

If it is any comfort, I have discovered in my six decades that it is true that what goes around, comes around.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Woke up 5.30am and got to work at 7am. Due to a new WMS system being implemented my duties has been expanded to deal with a lot more, because two workers have been taken out of the daily operation. So far so good. To relieve some of the workload that's put on me I have been appointed a temp. I have been feeling sick all day, my throat is swollen and hurts like hell, no energy left and I told my colleagues early on that I'd might leave before time. Yesterday, before I knew I was gonna get sick, the temp and I volunteered to stay after work today to do some cleaning. Then today he comes up to me and asks:

Him: "It's just a shame to be working when the weather's so nice" ( :facepalm: )

Me: "I don't think that's a good idea. I feel like shit and I don't think I have much left in me." (2.45pm)"

What do you think he did? He just f***ing bails out and f***ing leaves without saying anything to anybody! Thanks for leaving me hanging! At least we could have helped each other. Then he tells my boss that I said it was okay that he left which I of course hadn't.

So he basically lost all his respect. The only positive about this is that I gained a lot of respect from my coworkers and boss, for digging deep to find that extra and help lifting as a team. I worked a 14 hour shift because of this dipshit.

Good job for hanging in there! :ebert:

• Like 1

Good for you for being the better man.

Did you tell your boss that he lied about what you said?

• Like 2

Doesn't sound like that "temp" wants to become a "perm".

• Like 3

Good for you for being the better man.

Did you tell your boss that he lied about what you said?

Yes I did and my boss said it didn't make any sense why I should say it was okay.

• Like 1

Man, working that 14 hour shift while feeling sick took the wind out of me. Had to call in sick today.

:sigh:

Edit: I feel bad for leaving my coworkers alone with the temp, but I'm not going to work to let him bail out again.

Edited by The Analog Grownup

Doesn't sound like that "temp" wants to become a "perm".

I sure hope not. You know how some people do shit that makes you wonder what's wrong with them, or if their brain is not yet fully developed? He's like that. I'll give you an example: We have a shower in the truck room in case you get something dangerous on you and need to wash it off. The genius had the great idea one day to see if it worked, and he turned it on and just let it drip until I got over there and turned it off. I mean :wtf:

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do ;)

• Like 1

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do ;)

Seems like the temp. needs that attitude. :D

My job. The childish, neurotic, petty, vindictive, control-freak loony lead co-worker I have to work with almost every night.

I am a millimeter away from having a fourth consecutive job end on very bad terms. In other words, I'm ready to just walk OUT....after I spew several really good insults to certain people.....

My job. The childish, neurotic, petty, vindictive, control-freak loony lead co-worker I have to work with almost every night.

I am a millimeter away from having a fourth consecutive job end on very bad terms. In other words, I'm ready to just walk OUT....after I spew several really good insults to certain people.....

It's getting more and more difficult to find people with a decent work ethic it seems. If it's the case all the way to the top, I'd find a job somewhere else. With idiots even the Gods try in vain.

It's getting more and more difficult to find people with a decent work ethic it seems. If it's the case all the way to the top, I'd find a job somewhere else. With idiots even the Gods try in vain.

I've been job hunting for months, and the place where I'm working now is to be shut down in two years.

I wanted to stay the entire two years, as the company is offering a generous termination package for those who stay until the last day. Unfortunately, the management staff does not have the courage to discipline the 3-4 hostile/loony workers who make life the job Hell for everyone else. Management is simply too afraid to let people go. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

I've been job hunting for months, and the place where I'm working now is to be shut down in two years.

I wanted to stay the entire two years, as the company is offering a generous termination package for those who stay until the last day. Unfortunately, the management staff does not have the courage to discipline the 3-4 hostile/loony workers who make life the job Hell for everyone else. Management is simply too afraid to let people go. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

In my opinion keeping hold of those will end costing more in the long run.

And not only do I have to deal with a hostile work environment, my six Wisconsin Megabucks numbers went like this:

Match, Match, Off by 1, Off by 1, Off by 1, Off by 1

20 millions dollars denied me......:rage:

This crazy, highly unstable woman entered my aisle at work last night, shrieking at the top of her lungs, berating her husband in front of her kids. It was horrible. I did the smart thing and bailed out of the aisle though. Must have been a full moon last night. :o

Emotionally wrecked right now. Stupid decisions, stupid heart.

:hug2: ... Edited by Narpsberg

((Hugs)) to you. Try not to beat yourself up, we are all only human. (in my case that's really clear some days more than others, unfortunately. . . .)

Edited by blueschica

I remember years ago when Woody Allen famously said, "The heart wants what it wants." I've always thought, you know what? That's right. And there's no accounting for how that might manifest itself.

Whatever it is that's going on, I believe that time heals all wounds. I wish you well.

• Like 3

I am sorry, Mara. I've made stupid decisions too. Some more fatal than others.

Try, if you can, not to beat yourself up about it. What's done is done. If you can change something, then do; but what you can't undo, let it go and go on.

Emotion is a bad counselor. In my life, I learned that too late, but better late than never.

:hug2:

I remember years ago when Woody Allen famously said, "The heart wants what it wants." I've always thought, you know what? That's right. And there's no accounting for how that might manifest itself.

Whatever it is that's going on, I believe that time heals all wounds. I wish you well.

Yeah but his heart wanted his underage adopted daughter.

• Like 1