What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Just found out my brother in law has a malignant tumor in the soft tissue of his neck, too close to the neck artery to operate. He is seeing another Dr. today about lots of radiation and chemo as alternative. Healing thoughts are appreciated.

So sorry to hear this! Sending thoughts your way and wishing him a full recovery :hug2:

^^^ This chica. Couldn't say it better... :hug2:
  • Like 3

AAmco Transmisson I had them replace my Catalitic Converter a few months ago the only reason I did not bring it to a Muffler shop was with a clogged Cat it gave the impression that the tranny was not shifting . After the problem was Identified I was already there and they did offer the longest warranty but the $$$ was a bit more. I weighed the options and decided to go with the best warranty. So anyhoo there has been an exhaust leak that has developed and gotten progressivly worse so I bring it back o them. Well here comes the warranty wiggle that it just covers the part not labor. Good thing I have my original reciept that Ihad the manager write part and labor warranty on the ticket knowing about mechanic shop amnesia. Ask me how I know this :codger: . So the truck is on the rack and the leak is coming from where the tech used a clamp instead of welding so they agree to fix for free, nice guys. Both They and I do not have time that day to take care of that day so I make an appointment for today at 10am after asking the shop manager what is the best time for you to do the job. I am on vacation so I have some extra flexibility to work with time wise. So I get to the shop 20 minutes early and I can see that both the sales & shop manager have completely forgot. they both apologize and say work will be done at noon while one is calling the welder and the other is saying he will bring the truck to the welding shop. So I get there at 12:30 and my truck is in the exact same spot before I go in I peak under the truck and of course nothing has been done. Now I am getting a bit agitated I go in I get this that and the other and apologies and the truck will be done by 3pm. My lovely and I go have a nice lunch and return at 3:30 truck is on the rack but no work done. Then I get the welder needed special this that or the other thing and went to get it. You should've seen their face when I told them that I am a welder don't BS me and I should've just brought my MIG welder so the welder can do his job. So 4:45 truck done they try to give me a bill to which both of them got an Irarate customer A$$ chewing and an offer for a free oil change. Sooo frustatring that is what pissed me off today! Whew I feel better now :drool:
  • Like 2

AAmco Transmisson I had them replace my Catalitic Converter a few months ago the only reason I did not bring it to a Muffler shop was with a clogged Cat it gave the impression that the tranny was not shifting . After the problem was Identified I was already there and they did offer the longest warranty but the $$$ was a bit more. I weighed the options and decided to go with the best warranty. So anyhoo there has been an exhaust leak that has developed and gotten progressivly worse so I bring it back o them. Well here comes the warranty wiggle that it just covers the part not labor. Good thing I have my original reciept that Ihad the manager write part and labor warranty on the ticket knowing about mechanic shop amnesia. Ask me how I know this :codger: . So the truck is on the rack and the leak is coming from where the tech used a clamp instead of welding so they agree to fix for free, nice guys. Both They and I do not have time that day to take care of that day so I make an appointment for today at 10am after asking the shop manager what is the best time for you to do the job. I am on vacation so I have some extra flexibility to work with time wise. So I get to the shop 20 minutes early and I can see that both the sales & shop manager have completely forgot. they both apologize and say work will be done at noon while one is calling the welder and the other is saying he will bring the truck to the welding shop. So I get there at 12:30 and my truck is in the exact same spot before I go in I peak under the truck and of course nothing has been done. Now I am getting a bit agitated I go in I get this that and the other and apologies and the truck will be done by 3pm. My lovely and I go have a nice lunch and return at 3:30 truck is on the rack but no work done. Then I get the welder needed special this that or the other thing and went to get it. You should've seen their face when I told them that I am a welder don't BS me and I should've just brought my MIG welder so the welder can do his job. So 4:45 truck done they try to give me a bill to which both of them got an Irarate customer A$$ chewing and an offer for a free oil change. Sooo frustatring that is what pissed me off today! Whew I feel better now :drool:

I hate getting the vehicles fixed--never know how they will screw you but it seems they always try.

AAmco Transmisson I had them replace my Catalitic Converter a few months ago the only reason I did not bring it to a Muffler shop was with a clogged Cat it gave the impression that the tranny was not shifting . After the problem was Identified I was already there and they did offer the longest warranty but the $$$ was a bit more. I weighed the options and decided to go with the best warranty. So anyhoo there has been an exhaust leak that has developed and gotten progressivly worse so I bring it back o them. Well here comes the warranty wiggle that it just covers the part not labor. Good thing I have my original reciept that Ihad the manager write part and labor warranty on the ticket knowing about mechanic shop amnesia. Ask me how I know this :codger: . So the truck is on the rack and the leak is coming from where the tech used a clamp instead of welding so they agree to fix for free, nice guys. Both They and I do not have time that day to take care of that day so I make an appointment for today at 10am after asking the shop manager what is the best time for you to do the job. I am on vacation so I have some extra flexibility to work with time wise. So I get to the shop 20 minutes early and I can see that both the sales & shop manager have completely forgot. they both apologize and say work will be done at noon while one is calling the welder and the other is saying he will bring the truck to the welding shop. So I get there at 12:30 and my truck is in the exact same spot before I go in I peak under the truck and of course nothing has been done. Now I am getting a bit agitated I go in I get this that and the other and apologies and the truck will be done by 3pm. My lovely and I go have a nice lunch and return at 3:30 truck is on the rack but no work done. Then I get the welder needed special this that or the other thing and went to get it. You should've seen their face when I told them that I am a welder don't BS me and I should've just brought my MIG welder so the welder can do his job. So 4:45 truck done they try to give me a bill to which both of them got an Irarate customer A$$ chewing and an offer for a free oil change. Sooo frustatring that is what pissed me off today! Wrhew I feel better now :drool:

Now, I'm pissed off. Jerks.

Just found out my brother in law has a malignant tumor in the soft tissue of his neck, too close to the neck artery to operate. He is seeing another Dr. today about lots of radiation and chemo as alternative. Healing thoughts are appreciated.

Sorry blues, I hope they can find some solutions for him. Science can do some pretty amazing things. I wish the best for you and your family. :hug2:

• Like 2

this shit happened last night but, my mom got in a car crash. of course she was doped up on pills while driving. after lots of yelling and crying and arguing when she was home, i went to my room to write her a letter. I ended up relapsing, now my thighs are all cut up and looking at them makes me cry. I've been going through a really rough mental health patch lately but this set me off.

:hug2: Sorry to hear this, Jamie. Hang in there! I hope you will soon be through the rough patch.

At work, I've been designing and testing a piece of software for several months, and after a very successful pilot, I was preparing the final revisions for a company wide rollout on July 13th. But then today, I got a call from corporate informing me that the company decided to invest the money in a system-wide upgrade that will make my software obsolete before it ever officially launched.

Sure, everything I hear is "You did great work, but we're just going to go another direction." and "This isn't any critique of your work, we need to invest anyways...", but it's still months of my creative output being flushed down the toilet. Just sucks...

At work, I've been designing and testing a piece of software for several months, and after a very successful pilot, I was preparing the final revisions for a company wide rollout on July 13th. But then today, I got a call from corporate informing me that the company decided to invest the money in a system-wide upgrade that will make my software obsolete before it ever officially launched.

Sure, everything I hear is "You did great work, but we're just going to go another direction." and "This isn't any critique of your work, we need to invest anyways...", but it's still months of my creative output being flushed down the toilet. Just sucks...

Not fun :(

That does suck. Sorry to hear this.

My mom yelling at me for hours today for reasons I don't understand... I wanna punch her in the face or tell her to shut the f**k up but that's not gonna solve the problem.

Looking forward to the day I'll never have to see her again.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

Being woken up by the doorbell at 7:41 this morning by an Amazon delivery person. Seriously, a delivery before 8 am on a frickin' Sunday? And of course, this happens on the one day I really wanted to sleep in a bit, and was sound asleep when it happened. :rage:
  • Like 1

Being woken up by the doorbell at 7:41 this morning by an Amazon delivery person. Seriously, a delivery before 8 am on a frickin' Sunday? And of course, this happens on the one day I really wanted to sleep in a bit, and was sound asleep when it happened. :rage:

Oh no, the worst! Sunday delivery used to sound like a good idea to us out here in the sticks! :)

Oh no, the worst! Sunday delivery used to sound like a good idea to us out here in the sticks! :)

And it would have been great at, say 9am!

My mom yelling at me for hours today for reasons I don't understand... I wanna punch her in the face or tell her to shut the f**k up but that's not gonna solve the problem.

The other day, after my Mom yelled at me to clean "clean your disgusting room!"

I slapped the cow straight across the face. That shut her up.

I explained to her that while I know I'm eating on her dime and living under her roof, there is only so much I'm willing to tolerate.

• Like 1

I hit a couple bars last night and the guy to girl ratio at each of them was 3-4:1 (I actually wandered around at one point in each of them and counted)... The only "action" I got was a gay guy hit on me... He was a cool guy though, lots of fun and he was clearly a huge social butterfly :LOL:

Didn't piss me off, just nowhere else to share this I guess. I went with friends so I still had a good time, and I wasn't looking to get laid or anything to begin with, but it was still a bit disappointing to observe, really.

(earnest post for a change)

Edited by Mr. Not

I explained to her that while I know I'm eating on her dime and living under her roof, there is only so much I'm willing to tolerate.

Not sure if best or worst advice ever ! I don't have the balls to do that though :LOL: I let it go too far without saying anything for years and she seems to be thinking that it's ok to yell at me for the smallest things.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

You didn't really slap her did you?

• Like 2

i was wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

Good Lord I hope not. Maybe I have lived a charmed life but I can't even fathom such a thing... :sigh:
  • Like 2

Good Lord I hope not. Maybe I have lived a charmed life but I can't even fathom such a thing... :sigh:

I'm confident that Mr. Not didn't actually slap his Mother.

I got the impression that the last line, about living under her roof on her dime, was making the point that such a behaviour was both unacceptable and ungrateful.

Mr. Not often writes these kinds of reverse statements, which can catch you out if you don't know to read between the lines

I hope I'm right, anyway :unsure:

• Like 2

I got the impression that the last line, about living under her roof on her dime, was making the point that such a behaviour was both unacceptable and ungrateful.

Mr. Not often writes these kinds of reverse statements, which can catch you out if you don't know to read between the lines

I guess. I usually just type what I mean. I am strange that way... :wacko:
  • Like 2

Well, it does make it easier on everyone :LOL:
  • Like 2

Well, it does make it easier on everyone :LOL:

I'm pretty sure he didn't slap her

He probably used his chainsaw which didn't help to clean his room.