What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I just syphined two overfill quarts out of my transmission that was recently serviced. I guess the guy missed 'dipstick day' at his tech school. Son, it's a GM car...the transmission will fail soon enough without your help.

That's awful, but you are fortunate to have caught it.

If he was a certified tech, this doesn't inspire confidence in them on my end.

I always check the dipsticks soon after service. About 1/3 of the time it's overfilled. When you consider they charge a flat fee, their just wasting their own money by giving me more fluid than I need. Duhhhh.

It's just a local garage that I used for a while. Only a mile from my house so they were convenient. Problem is they've started to gouge me on services. Think I'll move on.

Finding a car mechanic/garage that is good and honest is tough. I had to switch when the shop I was going to just plain shut down. Granted both head mechanics were older than dirt, but they did what was needed and didn't add on things to pad the bill. You just need to research first.

Btdt with the GM transmisson fails, and Karen played the Mopar ignition system shuffle. But nothing beat the Ford Explorer tire failure problems where it was inferred the vehicle was structurally unsound when it was not.

• Like 3

Really didn't piss me off...just an annoying and :facepalm: moment.

I got lunch today at Arby's. Hey guilty pleasure...I like their beef n chubber sandwiches. Anyway I had a $5 small meal coupon so the total was $5.30 with tax. All I had was $1 and $20s, so I have her $21 so she could give me $15.70 back without using alot of $1s (3 $5s and some change), figuring this would help her not use so many $1s. She rang it up as $6 received :facepalm: and had to call her manager over. He looked at the bill and said, just give him $14.70 back. I noted it was $15.70. Oh yeah, it's $15.70. So she gives me 2 $5s, 5 $1s and change. :facepalm: Honey, did you eat alot of paint chips when you were younger?

Hate to sound like the grumby old guy, but these young uns are dim as a 5 watt bulb and can't exercise simple logic unless they can push a button. I did take a sick enjoyment in watching them try to make sense of my actions.

• Like 3

I got lunch today at Arby's. Hey guilty pleasure...I like their beef n chubber sandwiches. Anyway I had a $5 small meal coupon so the total was $5.30 with tax. All I had was $1 and $20s, so I have her $21 so she could give me $15.70 back without using alot of $1s (3 $5s and some change), figuring this would help her not use so many $1s. She rang it up as $6 received :facepalm: and had to call her manager over. He looked at the bill and said, just give him $14.70 back. I noted it was $15.70. Oh yeah, it's $15.70. So she gives me 2 $5s, 5 $1s and change. :facepalm: Honey, did you eat alot of paint chips when you were younger?

Hate to sound like the grumby old guy, but these young uns are dim as a 5 watt bulb and can't exercise simple logic unless they can push a button. I did take a sick enjoyment in watching them try to make sense of my actions.

That's sad.

Very sad.

I've encountered that myself. Education isn't what it once was. They can tell you anything about global warming, but can't add and subtract.

• Like 1

We need a complete revamping of the legal system

Did you know that if a resident in a hospital or nursing home or rehab, when asked if they would like a shower and refuse one, can't be forced to have one? So they can sit in their filth and no one can force them to clean themselves.

How does that make sense? No wonder why these places are always fumigating and deep cleaning mattresses.

• Like 2

Did you specifically tell her that you didn't want singles back in your change? It's possible she was out of five dollar bills too.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Did you know that if a resident in a hospital or nursing home or rehab, when asked if they would like a shower and refuse one, can't be forced to have one? So they can sit in their filth and no one can force them to clean themselves.

How does that make sense? No wonder why these places are always fumigating and deep cleaning mattresses.

It's really not that different than when a patient refuses treatment for something when they're sick. If they don't want to do it then they can't force them.

Trump gave me a ring

I picked up the phone immediately, "what the deal bud? how you dealing with this cuh?"

Then he abruptly goes off on this xenophobic and hateful rant while simultaneously talking about how amazing Jewish people are for some reason. I nearly vomited in my own mouth from the sort of shit he was spewing.

If it were possible I would punch him through the phone... I'm still fuming a little bit, but I took some deep breaths and realized that he is just in a bad place right now. Please pray for him.

I hadn't realized that. :( Hopefully after a few days a nurse could alert a Dr. to write an order for one because of bacteria on the skin etc etc.

• Like 2

I hadn't realized that. :( Hopefully after a few days a nurse could alert a Dr. to write an order for one because of bacteria on the skin etc etc.

Isn't it crazy? It's encouraging infection(s) and other skin disorders.

I'm very dissatisfied with the place he is at. I was told by a cleaning lady that it was recently bought out by some corporation that raised the rates and then nickle and dime the staff so the residents are getting less than quality care and food. They lost a lot of good nurses and other employees on account of it.

Getting old is very scary.

I pity the person who has no one that loves and/or cares enough about them to speak up on their behalf and see to it that they are taken care of.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Did you specifically tell her that you didn't want singles back in your change? It's possible she was out of five dollar bills too.

possible but not likely that she only had 2 5s in the drawer. also not likely she had no 10s. plus she had the manager right there to ask 'hey joe...can you get me some fives?' I was trying to make the math easier for her, but it was beyond her comprehension. I can calculate my change in my head before they even push the button. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

"Ain't it funky now?"
  • Like 1

I have a fukkin' meniscus tear in my left knee. Surgery on Thursday.

Seems like the year ends in an unexpected way for me.

Immobility totally sucks! :bang bang:

How's your knee?

Not as good as I expected it to be! It's still thick and it has water in it from time to time. Thanks for asking Lorraine!

Good thing is that I learned to play a new form of air guitar. The crook guitar. :madra:

• Like 1

How's your knee?

Not as good as I expected it to be! It's still thick and it has water in it from time to time. Thanks for asking Lorraine!

Good thing is that I learned to play a new form of air guitar. The crook guitar. :madra:

Can you put any pressure on it at all when you walk?

What does the doctor say about the water on the knee?

How's your knee?

Doc said I should not strain it more than 30% for the first few days and than 50% after a week. Whatever that means! He also said that the water is not a serious problem. Should be go away the next few days. I'll get the stitches pulled out on the 24th. Merry Christmas. LOL.

• Like 1

How's your knee?

Doc said I should not strain it more than 30% for the first few days and than 50% after a week. Whatever that means! He also said that the water is not a serious problem. Should be go away the next few days. I'll get the stitches pulled out on the 24th. Merry Christmas. LOL.

Well, post an update here, or send me a pm and let me know how it goes.

• Like 1

I know it’s just his publicist but self awareness just got murdered. Your client is a rapist. This would be like young boy lover Michael Jackson bashing Prince for sexually explicit lyrics if he were to do such a thing. FU and STFU, a$$hole!

You are right; I think Cosby is so low and desperate that he and his team go with anything that could be distracting from how awful he is.

• Like 1

I’m fed up with an insecure neurotic coworker. Some middle aged guy who was hired two weeks after I was. A totally obsessive type, who needs to have his primary coworker (me) be his “best buddy”. He thinks it’s funny to talk as if we’re “married”. You can imagine what comes out of his mouth. It’s not funny. It’s also very strange, as his wife also works there. I had to tell him to SHUT UP today. If he doesn’t stop, he’s gonna find himself out of a job.

I’m fed up with an insecure neurotic coworker. Some middle aged guy who was hired two weeks after I was. A totally obsessive type, who needs to have his primary coworker (me) be his “best buddy”. He thinks it’s funny to talk as if we’re “married”. You can imagine what comes out of his mouth. It’s not funny. It’s also very strange, as his wife also works there. I had to tell him to SHUT UP today. If he doesn’t stop, he’s gonna find himself out of a job.

Had to yell at the guy today - and right in front of the boss, too!! :haz: :haz:

I have put an official end to my dork coworker's dumb talk. He finally got the message.

Had to yell at the guy today - and right in front of the boss, too!! :haz: :haz:

I have put an official end to my dork coworker's dumb talk. He finally got the message.

And the twist is.....bum bum bum...his WIFE is the coworker!! Edited by Mithrandir
  • Like 1