What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 15 2010, 11:28 PM)
A guy I have had a quiet crush on for many years started making some quiet advances. All very sweet...

lots of texting, a bit of innocent innuendo...all very nice

Somehow, perhaps because I dont raise the flag about it...he didnt know my son has autism

and then i told him

And the texting got VERY cold, very quick. "Oh..yeah, well. Kids are most important! keep in touch!"

ouch

As you've no doubt figured out all by yourself, he's not right for you. Sorry, though, because it's never fun to have hope extinguished.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 15 2010, 08:28 PM)
A guy I have had a quiet crush on for many years started making some quiet advances. All very sweet...

Somehow, perhaps because I dont raise the flag about it...he didnt know my son has autism

and then i told him

And the texting got VERY cold, very quick. "Oh..yeah, well. Kids are most important! keep in touch!"

ouch

What a jerk. angry.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 16 2010, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 15 2010, 08:28 PM)
A guy I have had a quiet crush on for many years started making some quiet advances.  All very sweet...

and then i told him

And the texting got VERY cold, very quick.  "Oh..yeah, well.  Kids are most important!  keep in touch!"

ouch

What a jerk. angry.gif

He's not necessarily a jerk; he may not be kid-oriented at all or just feel it might be a little overwhelming. At least he was up front about it. A jerk would have kept on to see if he might get some bedroom action from Queenie, maybe letting her think things might be headed somewhere.

It still sucks, though.

Stupid &*$#^! toilet. The damn thing keeps running, so we are having to shut off the water supply at the wall every time we flush so we don't end up with an insane water bill.

I just installed a new flapper, thinking maybe the old one was so soft and rotted (it was) that it couldn't keep the water from flowing into the bowl. But noooooo.

I HATE working in the toilet tank. I know the water in there hasn't ever been in the bowl and that the brown chunk in there that looks suspiciously like a turd isn't. It's just a mineral deposit. Still. It squicks me out.

I don't WANT to replace the guts in my toilet. It's 20 years old and you know what that means. Right - it's a full-flush, the kind environmentalists HATE. All the kits you buy to replace the inner workings convert a full-flush to a low-flow. I don't want that. no.gif

Everyone in this household is against me. I'm convinced. They have a conspiracy going or something. This all happened at once. Coincidence!? I say NOT!

As I'm running to the baby to grab some sort of little choking thing from inside his mouth the older kid takes the full carton of oj from the fridge and dumps the entire thing out (in the sink though, thank god, but WTH was going through his head!?), one cat is using the litter box and stinking up the joint while the other starts hurling up a hairball.

Tell me they aren't working together to push me to the brink of insanity.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 21 2010, 06:56 AM)
Knowing I was in tip-top shape last summer and now all of the sudden, not even close.  angry.gif

Medical issue, have been busy, or just being lazy?

if it's medical, I can completely relate and could go on a rant.

If it's work related and not having time, I could go on a ranting tirade.

If it's being lazy, I can relate and can only rant about the cause of it (myself).

Edited by ForceTen

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 21 2010, 08:38 AM)
Just found out at the doctor today that I have asthma.

Oh joy, still more medical expenses for inhalers for the rest of my life...... angry.gif

My oldest was just diagnosed with reactive airway disease which I was told was what they call asthma in toddlers. We also have to do the inhaler thing. I feel for you. I've never known anyone with asthma. It's pretty scary to witness someone who can't breathe!

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 21 2010, 11:59 AM)

Oh joy, still more medical expenses for inhalers for the rest of my life...... angry.gif

My oldest was just diagnosed with reactive airway disease which I was told was what they call asthma in toddlers. We also have to do the inhaler thing. I feel for you. I've never known anyone with asthma. It's pretty scary to witness someone who can't breathe!

I was wondering why I've had trouble getting my breath some times this week.....turns out I only have 70% lung capacity, and the other 30% has to be stimulated. Also explains why I've had bronchitis (repeatedly) and pneumonia (just once, but it took me out for 2 weeks) over the past several years.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 21 2010, 10:09 AM)
Everyone in this household is against me. I'm convinced. They have a conspiracy going or something. This all happened at once. Coincidence!? I say NOT!

As I'm running to the baby to grab some sort of little choking thing from inside his mouth the older kid takes the full carton of oj from the fridge and dumps the entire thing out (in the sink though, thank god, but WTH was going through his head!?), one cat is using the litter box and stinking up the joint while the other starts hurling up a hairball.

Hate to say it but you are an estrogen island in the sea of testosterone, Janie!

Are all the cats male as well? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 21 2010, 10:40 AM)

I was wondering why I've had trouble getting my breath some times this week.....turns out I only have 70% lung capacity, and the other 30% has to be stimulated. Also explains why I've had bronchitis (repeatedly) and pneumonia (just once, but it took me out for 2 weeks) over the past several years.

I have asthma too, and had similar problems before being diagnosed.

The inhalers are expensive, but not unaffordable with my co pay.

And breathing easily is a good thing!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 21 2010, 11:13 AM)
I guess just life related?

I trained for a 1/2 marathon last summer/fall and consistently worked to get there. The Bod was amazing (for me at least haha!). Now, I've changed jobs and have a longer commute so less time to run/workout after I get home. Plus, I'm getting married in November and my hubby-to-be and I are building a house (log home), which as of recent, I've been painting after I get home every night. So pretty much, not a whole lot of time to fit in exercise like I used to..

I have tried getting up and running before work but I already get up at 5:15 as it is, so that means getting up at 4:45am to run banghead.gif

That sounds like a lot of excuses but I really am trying to fit working out in without being overloaded!

Been there, and it sucks to say the least. I left one job for another last fall thinking it'd be a great opportunity. Was I wrong! Longer commute, less time to train. Crappy hours, VERY HIGH levels of stress. In 5 months, I regained 25 of the 35 pounds I lost over the previous summer.

I had an opportunity to go back to my old job and I took it in a heart beat. Now, I'm back to training and I've lost all but 5 of those pounds I regained (still have a ways to go before I'm where I want to be). But, life is so much better now that I'm able to train (I have a sprint triathlon this Sunday, a half iron this fall and then three weeks after that, a full marathon).

Just start with what you can in terms of exercise. After dinner, go out for a 15 minute job or walk and invite the fiance along. Don't stress about it, just take some time and help unwind. IMO, physical stress is the best cure for mental stress.

Congrats on the future wedding and may it be the beginning of your "Happily Ever After".

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 21 2010, 09:40 AM)

I take it then you have to use the inhaler daily? Aedan just has to take it when his breathing gets really difficult (when he has a cold or his allergies act up).

He has to use this mask/tube contraption and he HATES it! I literally have to hold him down while I pump the inhaler. It's awful.

Still, it's a good thing you have the inhaler now and can breathe easier. I bet you notice a huge change.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 21 2010, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 21 2010, 10:09 AM)

Hate to say it but you are an estrogen island in the sea of testosterone, Janie!

Are all the cats male as well? ohmy.gif

The cats are male! It is a house full of testosterone.

It's a good thing I'm a bit of a tomboy. I don't think I would survive otherwise!