Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Double post, oops Edited by Segue Myles

Savatage-Power of the Night (4/10)

Can't sugarcoat this........this was shockingly bad. Segue explained to me a bit bout these first 3 and yikes did i not enjoy this one. first one was tolarable.....this one i hated. generic often bad vocals.

but i know i liked the 3 i heard first so i soldier on.

Mick

Savatage-Power of the Night (4/10)

Can't sugarcoat this........this was shockingly bad. Segue explained to me a bit bout these first 3 and yikes did i not enjoy this one. first one was tolarable.....this one i hated. generic often bad vocals.

but i know i liked the 3 i heard first so i soldier on.

Mick

I've looked around, some fans enjoy this one a lot. Personally, I still prefer the rawer Sirens, and for some bizarre reason Fight For This Rock is more fun

This album, sadly, sounds more like Accept than Savatage

Savatage-Hall of the Mountain King (8/10)

MUCH better....hooks are tighter. songs are more memorable. Productions cleaner. the only nitpick not hufe on the vocals.

this stuff.......ah-ah-ahh-AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! then he laughs all the time......HAHAHAHA!!!!!! it's stupid, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Rhcp7.jpg

RedHotChiliPeppersCalifornication.jpg

Rhcp9.jpg

My three favorite RHCP albums. A lot of people don't like One Hot Minute, but I absolutely love it. Dave Navarro brought a heavier sound to the album Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 2

Yesterday and today:

Jesse Ahern - Tales From The Middle Class

Jesse Ahern - Searching For Liberty

Jesse Ahern - Jesse Ahern

Jesse Ahern - Heartache and Love

I'm trying to listen to all the bands that I'm seeing live in the coming months, especially the unfamiliar opening acts. Jesse Ahern is one of three openers that I'm seeing with the Dropkick Murphys in March. His style has elements of rock, country, folk, and blues. I'm currently listening to the Rumjacks, who remind me of Dropkick Murphys, and Alestorm. They're a mix of Celtic punk, and more sea shanty-type songs

Edited by Super25Smasher

allan-holdsworth-frankfurt-86.jpg

ELO-balance-of-power.jpg

That ELO album art is so eighties I love it!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

ELO-balance-of-power.jpg

I didn't like the album so much though. ELO are either good or really bad for me. Jeff Lynn's vocals can be really, really annoying to me.

I'm about the same. For this sorta thing I prefer APP

ELO-balance-of-power.jpg

I didn't like the album so much though. ELO are either good or really bad for me. Jeff Lynn's vocals can be really, really annoying to me.

I'm about the same. For this sorta thing I prefer APP

I need to listen more to APP. I like the debut album most at the moment.

MUCH better....hooks are tighter. songs are more memorable. Productions cleaner. the only nitpick not hufe on the vocals.

this stuff.......ah-ah-ahh-AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! then he laughs all the time......HAHAHAHA!!!!!! it's stupid, lol

Mick

This is where I think Savatage properly begins. Before this they were a bit of a mess and didn't know what they wanted to be at first. They start to find themselves here. After this they develop what I think is their signature sound of heavy metal mixed with Broadway musicals. Gutter Ballet through Dead Winter Dead should really be up your alley. On Edge Of Thorns they get a new singer. I think you'll dig his voice a lot more than Jon's. He still stayed in the band and wrote and played keyboards. Zachary Stevens was more of a proper melodic singer with a better range. Much different than Jon who sung like a mad scientist who had his brain warped by a chemical explosion lol.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Rhcp7.jpg

RedHotChiliPeppersCalifornication.jpg

Rhcp9.jpg

My three favorite RHCP albums. A lot of people don't like One Hot Minute, but I absolutely love it. Dave Navarro brought a heavier sound to the album

Couldn't agree more. One Hot Minute is an absolute banger. I know the Chilis aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I think they've never made a bad album.

• Like 2

Mick

This is where I think Savatage properly begins. Before this they were a bit of a mess and didn't know what they wanted to be at first. They start to find themselves here. After this they develop what I think is their signature sound of heavy metal mixed with Broadway musicals. Gutter Ballet through Dead Winter Dead should really be up your alley. On Edge Of Thorns they get a new singer. I think you'll dig his voice a lot more than Jon's. He still stayed in the band and wrote and played keyboards. Zachary Stevens was more of a proper melodic singer with a better range. Much different than Jon who sung like a mad scientist who had his brain warped by a chemical explosion lol.

i have to admit. The vocals in this first era are a tough swallow. a tad annoying, lol. BUT i have heard Gutter Ballad and Streets. LOVE both. they ramp up the Steinman-esque bombast and i played the crap outta both.

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked