Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Savatage-The Hall of the Mountain King (8/10)

Wanted to play this one more time. it's really good and getting on the right track but it ain't perfect. points off for the way overdone vocal dramatics. i can't take the laughing constantly. i feel like Jon is a bit directionless in what he wants out of his vocals here.

1. is he Brian Johnson

2. is he theatrical.

3. is he a Hyena, lol.

Luckily i know he hammers it out next album. so no biggie but i feel the vocals are the hold back from greatness on this album. cause the band itself is on fire here.

Mick

• Like 2

Savatage-gutter Ballet (9/10)

This is the first album where i feel they hit on something. Equal parts Meat Loaf and Alice Cooper.

This is my fav so far it's camp brutal metal and i love it. ..............BUT............I don't like Jon as a vocalist. i'd rather have someone who could what's the word......sing this great materiel, lol. not squeeze his chords through his anus. is that harsh? yea it is. but i wish there was a better singer for this A class writing.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Savatage-gutter Ballet (9/10)

This is the first album where i feel they hit on something. Equal parts Meat Loaf and Alice Cooper.

This is my fav so far it's camp brutal metal and i love it. ..............BUT............I don't like Jon as a vocalist. i'd rather have someone who could what's the word......sing this great materiel, lol. not squeeze his chords through his anus. is that harsh? yea it is. but i wish there was a better singer for this A class writing.

Mick

I love his voice but I must admit, I totally understand you. Absolutely not for everyone!!!

Savatage-Streets (10/10)

Finally a 10.........it was rough getting one out of me, lol. i feel all the pieces finally fit here. even Jon's vocals were more refined. less screeching high notes. Singing more what he can rather than what he WANTS too, lol

The story i know there is one but i do not care. every song on here hits just right and is not wasting anybody's time. for as long as this album is.

Mick

• Like 1

Great bootleg. Excellent sound.

Since it's winter-time, this seem appropriate.

Punxsutawney Phil Predicts 6 More Weeks Of Winter On Groundhog Day

51858522320_a1f687a4d0_c.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Tom Waits-Foreign Affairs (8/10)

Not quite as Transcendent as Small Change but that would be a hard follow up for Anyone.

it is not without it's Standouts. There's a Great Duet with Bette Midler, I never Talk to Strangers. A Sight for Sore Eyes is classic waits. As is Burma Shave.

There are a couple of Rambling songs that don't quire land. Potters Field for one.

But as i said even below par Waits hits damn hard.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Savatage-Edge of Thorns (7/10)

Mick

I think that's slightly lower than what most fans would give it. It's usually rated pretty highly.

He's probably gonna do a Segue on this one. I think it's pretty flawless, I'm obsessed with it atm!!

I'm loving my editions with all the essays from Jon Oliva, it's making me really feel a part of something special with Savatage. They are fast becoming a Nightwish level obsession!

• Like 1

Tom Waits-Blue Valentiine(9/10)

I think this can be seen as the height of Wait's Bar piano man phase as the next one would start a shift in his sound and style

but Gosh i adore this record so many classics here.

Red Shoes by the Drugstore

Christmas Card from A Hooker In Minneapolis

Romeo Is Bleeding

$29.00

Whistlin' Past the Graveyard

Kentucky Avenue

The tiite Track

Tremendous work.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked