Entre_Perpetuo

Segue Myles played...

Savatage- Edge Of Thorns (10/10)

Savatage- Handful Of Rain (6/10)

Savatage- Dead Winter Dead (10/10)

Savatage- The Wake Of Magellan (8/10)

Savatage- Poets And Madmen (8/10)

:) :) :)

Those ratings seem correct to me. I might give Handful Of Rain a seven because Alone You Breathe is one of my favorite songs from them.

Tom Waits-Frank's Wild Years (8/10)

Probably the weirdest of the trilogy.......not my fav but it's very unique. A lot of it has a Kurt Weill feel too it.

it's got some good ones though as always

Hang on St. Christopher

Blow Wind Blow

Temptation

Innocent When you Dream (both versions)

I'l be Gone

Way down in the Hole

Cold Cold Ground

Yesterday is Here

It's probably my least listened to of the trilogy but i enjoy it in the right mood.

Mick

• Like 1

Probably the weirdest of the trilogy.......not my fav but it's very unique. A lot of it has a Kurt Weill feel too it.

Hang on St. Christopher

Blow Wind Blow

Temptation

I'l be Gone

Way down in the Hole

Cold Cold Ground

Yesterday is Here

It's probably my least listened to of the trilogy but i enjoy it in the right mood.

Mick

Today was the first time I listened to the trilogy in order...truly an amazing collection of storytelling.

I was surprised at just how much I liked "Frank's Wild Years" after all this time.

While "Swordfishtrombones" is my favourite, I do agree with you that "Rain Dogs" is the best of the three.

• Like 1

Hang on St. Christopher

Blow Wind Blow

Temptation

I'l be Gone

Way down in the Hole

Cold Cold Ground

Yesterday is Here

Mick

Today was the first time I listened to the trilogy in order...truly an amazing collection of storytelling.

I was surprised at just how much I liked "Frank's Wild Years" after all this time.

While "Swordfishtrombones" is my favourite, I do agree with you that "Rain Dogs" is the best of the three.

Rain dogs just seemed like he got everything in the perfect order he was trying for on Swordfishtrombones. it's the perfect blend of weird and oddly commercial (for Tom, lol)

Frank's he just embraced the weird fully, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Tom Waits-Bone Machie (9/10)

Tom starts the 90's with a bang. I always liken this to Tom Making a tim Burton film on CD. it just FEELS like a tim Burton film to me.

the whole thing is very percussion Driven.....like a guy went in his garage and just started banging on shit, lol

Earth Died Screaming'

Dirt in the Ground

Who Are you (Waits would do Springsteen-esque tunes better than Sprinsteen himself n the 90's, lol)

Little Rain

Murder in the Red Barn

I don't Wanna Grow Uo

That Feel (LOVE this one)

Bone Machine earned Tom some new fans at the time as well.....deep in the grunge era too.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Segue Myles played...

Savatage- Edge Of Thorns (10/10)

Savatage- Handful Of Rain (6/10)

Savatage- Dead Winter Dead (10/10)

Savatage- The Wake Of Magellan (8/10)

Savatage- Poets And Madmen (8/10)

:) :) :)

Those ratings seem correct to me. I might give Handful Of Rain a seven because Alone You Breathe is one of my favorite songs from them.

Yeah 7 seems about right, I really hate to rate that album so low, knowing its history and how difficult it was to pull together. But it's definitely not as great as what came before or after

Tom Waits the Black Rider (5/10)

this one of 2 Waits albums to really get a low score from me. the other is coming up.

this is music Tom wrote for a play rather than an album per se. and yea it's a miss.

luckily the next album is my fav waits album.

Mick

• Like 1

71MQH-oQQ0L._SX355_.jpg

Better than Alpha (except for the album art) Howe's absence doesnt impact this album at all, Meyer does a stellar job at replacing him in this scenario.

• Like 2

Tom Waits-Mule Variations (10/10)

My very fav Waits album. and it was like over 20 years into his career.

to me this album just has everything i love about Waits in one package. Weird oddball stuff. heartbreaking ballads, blues, rock. this album is like a career summation.

Perfect. taking a break now before the final 4 albums.

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked