Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Savatage- Hall Of The Mountain King (10/10)

Savatage released a bloody masterclass of metal in this album! For money up their with the GREATEST of the GREATEST Maiden, Priest or Sabbath albums. PERFECTION it's not even an exaggeration.

Savatage are worth every penny I spent on their albums this week. I've been spending the last couple of years digesting their music and it was time to add them to my collection. Phenomenal work. I appreciate this album even more now that I have played what came before. Anyone who thought they had gone soft on Fight For The Rock (and the band will humbly admit top and explain how they did) was answered firmly with this release.

Oh god having my house consumed with this music at near full volume is AWESOME!!

• Like 1

In Flames- Reroute To Remain (8/10)

I've been weirdly hooked on this one album for a few days now. It's never been a favourite of mine and yet, for the first time in nearly two decades of loving this band, I'm hooked on it!

• Like 1

I've been weirdly hooked on this one album for a few days now. It's never been a favourite of mine and yet, for the first time in nearly two decades of loving this band, I'm hooked on it!

Death metal? Melodic death metal, is that your favourite style of death metal?

I definitely love melodic death metal, especially things like early In Flames, At The Gates etc. For me, this album isn't really death metal, it's a weird blend of alt rock with elements of that Swedish sound. I love In Flames, and whilst I enjoy everything they have done (well, almost), their early run from The Lunar Strain to Colony is my favourite.

So yeah, I guess melodic death metal is my favourite, but I love death and black metal combined. Think early Opeth, Behemoth (especially the current sound, which I think has death metal elements), etc are the best.

• Like 1

I definitely love melodic death metal, especially things like early In Flames, At The Gates etc. For me, this album isn't really death metal, it's a weird blend of alt rock with elements of that Swedish sound. I love In Flames, and whilst I enjoy everything they have done (well, almost), their early run from The Lunar Strain to Colony is my favourite.

So yeah, I guess melodic death metal is my favourite, but I love death and black metal combined. Think early Opeth, Behemoth (especially the current sound, which I think has death metal elements), etc are the best.

My favourite type is old school death metal.

• Like 1

I always blur early death and doom. I love things like Death, Entombed, Cathedral, Cannibal Corpse etc. The Swedish branch, that whole "Gothenburg" strain of death metal, is to me it's whole own genre.

Reroute To Remain is a strange album, I used to hate it, and honestly I'm not entirely sure why I don't.

I always blur early death and doom. I love things like Death, Entombed, Cathedral, Cannibal Corpse etc. The Swedish branch, that whole "Gothenburg" strain of death metal, is to me it's whole own genre.

Reroute To Remain is a strange album, I used to hate it, and honestly I'm not entirely sure why I don't.

Not necessarily just 90's old school, there's lots of new bands doing that style as well as veterans still doing it.

• Like 1

Not necessarily just 90's old school, there's lots of new bands doing that style as well as veterans still doing it.

You know me, always happy for recommendations. For the first time in my life, I'm no longer in the loop on new artists in metal! The last twelve years I've become increasingly focused on classic bands.

You know me, always happy for recommendations. For the first time in my life, I'm no longer in the loop on new artists in metal! The last twelve years I've become increasingly focused on classic bands.

Well try this one:

Well try this one:

Just added it on Spotify! I love that cover art!

• Like 1

In Flames- Soundtrack To Your Escape (9/10)

Just realised that the controversial 2000's era for In Flames is very comparable to Rush and the 1980's.

Anyway, this albums is awesome and I always liked this more than RtR.

Up next: that album Treeduck recommended!

• Like 2

Well try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4udmQAUVoo

Just added it on Spotify! I love that cover art!

Yeah it's cool. Imagine if while you were listening to album, the creatures from the album art came to life! :D

I've ordered my copy, it's not released officially until Feb 18. I have their previous album too, but I think I prefer this new one, it's more riff-orientated, the previous one is more of a wall of noise style, it's still good though.

• The topic was locked