Which Album Is Worse: St. Anger or Lulu

_hi_water._

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Is Worse?

• St. Anger - Metallica
    • Lulu - Metallica + Lou Reed

Lulu.

St Anger is not a great album, but it's been overblown how bad it is.

St. Anger because it's one of the few albums I threw in the trash after hearing it. I never heard Lulu and have no interest in ever listening to it. Not a Lou Reed fan and the combo of him and Metallica is so strange. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with it other than Lou Reed trying to get himself relevant again.
  • Like 1

St. Anger because it's one of the few albums I threw in the trash after hearing it. I never heard Lulu and have no interest in ever listening to it. Not a Lou Reed fan and the combo of him and Metallica is so strange. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with it other than Lou Reed trying to get himself relevant again.

Which albums did you throw in the trash after listening? (other than St. Anger)

Which albums did you throw in the trash after listening? (other than St. Anger)

Risk from Megadeth. There may have been a few random others but those are the main two I remember. I wouldn't have that kind of reaction today with music so easily available via the internet. Now, if something disappoints me I just move on to the next thing and don't dwell on it.

I doubt if Lou Reed gave a sh*t about being relevant at any point, but neither album is particularly valuable. Lou has made at least five excellent records to about five horrors, of which this is one. Metallica might well be a bit more consistent and loved, but Lou really was something when he felt like it.
  • Like 1

St. Shitstorm. it is indeed THAT bad. not only do we have lars banging on the side of a toilet. no songs have solos so they each last about 9 years.

God damn it's bad.

Mick

I warmed to it when a band covered the entire album, I can't remember who they were but it's on YouTube.

I was like "f***ing hell, this actually had potential!"

Since then, I've appreciated some moments, and the songs stormed live.

But it's still no misunderstood masterpiece. And yes, the f***ing drumming, my least favourite aspect of Metallica as it is, sounds bloody awful.

• Like 2

St. Shitstorm. it is indeed THAT bad. not only do we have lars banging on the side of a toilet. no songs have solos so they each last about 9 years.

God damn it's bad.

Mick

I warmed to it when a band covered the entire album, I can't remember who they were but it's on YouTube.

But it's still no misunderstood masterpiece. And yes, the f***ing drumming, my least favourite aspect of Metallica as it is, sounds bloody awful.

lars is one of the worst drummers ever. Especially live.......my god.

Mick

God damn it's bad.

Mick

lars is one of the worst drummers ever. Especially live.......my god.

Mick

I used to be crazy about Metallica. But once I noticed the drumming, it all fell apart. I'm currently enjoying them, but not on the level I used too. I think they worked hard and hit it big at the right time, but they are far from my favourite metal band, thrash or otherwise.

Still, brilliant songs are brilliant songs.

• Like 2

A battle between two duds.

Firstly, I have only listened to these fully one time each. I could not face a repeat listen to either.

To sum them up, Lulu is interesting but crap, St. Anger is just crap.

So for me, St. Anger takes the worst prize.

• Like 1