Tony Lewis of the Outfield has died

edhunter

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. Another talented musician has passed away. He will be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Tony. Edited by Derek19

I loved their second album the best. Bangin. Not a weak track on it. But it did not do nearly as good as Play Deep. I saw them live once. They opened for Night Ranger in 1987. They were very good live as well. I know Spinks passed away several years ago. Sad to see this news. 62 is far too young. Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

I loved their second album the best. Bangin. Not a weak track on it. But it did not do nearly as good as Play Deep. I saw them live once. They opened for Night Ranger in 1987. They were very good live as well. I know Spinks passed away several years ago. Sad to see this news. 62 is far too young.

Dialing up Bangin' on Spotify now.

• Like 1

I've played and sang Your Love in several bands, and also Since You've Been Gone at one gig in 2001. Ballbusters... I always loved the 3 part "Try to stop my hands..." part in Your Love. It contains a vocal diminished chord. Not very common.
  • Like 1

Not a band I knew a lot about, but sad to see another musician pass away. RIP Tony Lewis.

Ditto

Getting old is for the birds.

Yeah..... it's certainly not all it's cracked up to be!

I've played and sang Your Love in several bands, and also Since You've Been Gone at one gig in 2001. Ballbusters... I always loved the 3 part "Try to stop my hands..." part in Your Love. It contains a vocal diminished chord. Not very common.

Really cool harmonies on the outro too. "Lose your love..."

Not a band I knew a lot about, but sad to see another musician pass away. RIP Tony Lewis.

Ditto

Getting old is for the birds.

I just turned 40 a few weeks ago. Mid life crises are a pisser as Robert Hays would say.

I think I took my mid life crisis at 30 .... and it lasted for 20 years lol!!!

I loved their second album the best. Bangin. Not a weak track on it. But it did not do nearly as good as Play Deep. I saw them live once. They opened for Night Ranger in 1987. They were very good live as well. I know Spinks passed away several years ago. Sad to see this news. 62 is far too young.

Let me know how you like it. I thought that album was a lot better than Play Deep.

• Like 1

Let me know how you like it. I thought that album was a lot better than Play Deep.

It's very good - I really dig it. It sounds very similar to the debut - the songs are similarly constructed, but the production is a little more refined.