The Led Zeppelin Thread v.2 (with additional poll)

_hi_water._

16 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Led Zeppelin Studio Album?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Led Zeppelin IV
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door

We definitely aready have a Led Zeppelin thread and we definitely already have a fav LZ album poll. Please use the search feature to make sure no one has already created a thread like the one you want to make before you make it.

We definitely aready have a Led Zeppelin thread and we definitely already have a fav LZ album poll. Please use the search feature to make sure no one has already created a thread like the one you want to make before you make it.

I didn't see a Led Zeppelin thread when I looked...

I didn't see a Led Zeppelin thread when I looked...

Here it is:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/96329-the-led-zeppelin-discussion-thread/page__hl__%2Bzeppelin+%2Bthread

Always fun to revisit the idea of favorite vs best. IV is hands down the best, with not a weak link beginning to end. But due to over exposure it's not my favorite. I used to be obsessed with Phy Graf, and III was my fav for a long time, but right now it would probably be In Through the Out Door. I think Plant's vocals are perfect, Jonesy is great, and, a more mature Page/Bonham are in good form as well.
  • Like 1

It's all down to personal feelings ..... Zepp 4 is an obvious choice but for me, for many personal reasons, Physical Graffiti will always be close to my heart.
  • Like 1

It's all down to personal feelings ..... Zepp 4 is an obvious choice but for me, for many personal reasons, Physical Graffiti will always be close to my heart.

PG has so many great moments.

No other band comes close to Zep in terms of A to Z quality of content in their discography. I don't know if they're my favorite band, but it's hard to argue against them being the best.

• Like 1

The albums with Sammy are good, but I prefer the albums with Dave.

Is Hot Dog a Dave or Sammy song? I say Dave. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

The albums with Sammy are good, but I prefer the albums with Dave.

Is Hot Dog a Dave or Sammy song? I say Dave.

Definitely Dave. If it was Sammy, the lyrics would be something like:

You know she loves my cookin

And I do it up right

You know she loves my cookin

She's gonna have it tonight

You know she loves my hot dog

You know she'll get her share

You know she wants my weenie

With some mayo on there

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Always fun to revisit the idea of favorite vs best. IV is hands down the best, with not a weak link beginning to end. But due to over exposure it's not my favorite. I used to be obsessed with Phy Graf, and III was my fav for a long time, but right now it would probably be In Through the Out Door. I think Plant's vocals are perfect, Jonesy is great, and, a more mature Page/Bonham are in good form as well.

I would agree that IV is their finest studio creation from beginning to end.

But Presence and III are my favorites.

Moderately interesting piece of minutiae- the third album was released fifty years ago today.

I would agree that IV is their finest studio creation from beginning to end.

But Presence and III are my favorites.

Moderately interesting piece of minutiae- the third album was released fifty years ago today.

DOD you catch the radio special that aired? I missed it.