Most Underrated Bands On The Forum?

_hi_water._

there’s only a handful of fellow Budgie fans on here, so i feel like Budgie aren’t talked about enough.
  • Like 4

Big Sugar and Wide Mouth Mason.

Since you're Canadian, what do you think of The Tea Party?

They were played a lot back in the day on MuchMusic.

"Temptation", "Heaven Coming Down", and "The Messenger" were in constant rotation.

I'm aware that Jeff Martin probably cringed with being told he resembled Jim Morrison of The Doors.

The Tea Party and Big Wreck, I appreciate the radio hits, but I'm not a die-hard fan.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Big Sugar and Wide Mouth Mason.

Since you're Canadian, what do you think of The Tea Party?

They were played a lot back in the day on MuchMusic.

"Temptation", "Heaven Coming Down", and "The Messenger" were in constant rotation.

I'm aware that Jeff Martin probably cringed with being told he resembled Jim Morrison of The Doors.

The Tea Party and Big Wreck, I appreciate the radio hits, but I'm not a die-hard fan.

I would think that Jeff Martin was fully aware of his physical and vocal similarities to Morrison. I got into them back in 1995. Since I live near the Canadian border I was able to pick up a radio station in St Catherines, Ontario. I heard them playing Fire In The Head quite a bit and that's how they got on my radar. If I didn't live so close to Canada, I would probably have no clue about them.

Muse

Echo & the Bunnymen

The Cure

Joy Division

Siouxsie & the Banshees

The Smiths

The Stranglers

Bush

• Like 6

Blackfoot

Hey .... a fine band in their day ...... they even took the time to play over here in N. Ireland when most bands wouldn't touch us with a bargepole!!

Blackfoot

Hey .... a fine band in their day ...... they even took the time to play over here in N. Ireland when most bands wouldn't touch us with a bargepole!!

Hey, they’re from my hometown. I was a little kid in the late 70s but I remember them and a slew of other Jacksonville bands at the time getting a lot of airplay locally and attention nationally.

http://youtu.be/rMclpOK7a2w

• Like 2

there’s only a handful of fellow Budgie fans on here, so i feel like Budgie aren’t talked about enough.

A fine 'old school' band....... if you look at the 'what albums have you listened to today' thread you will see that I listened to one of their albums yesterday.

Now, I am not afraid of loud music, but Burke Shelley is the only bass player I have heard whose sound actually felt like it was punching me in the stomach. I seen them a couple of times back in the day.

If my memory serves me right the last time was in the Marquee London around the late '70s.

• Like 1

Muse

Echo & the Bunnymen

The Cure

Joy Division

Siouxsie & the Banshees

The Smiths

The Stranglers

Bush

Joy Division live were more metal than some of the 'metal' bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18DkWB5LvVc&ab_channel=GuyfromNewcastle

Edited by condemned2bfree

Van Halen of course.

Nobody ever talks about them.

Or Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Yes, Alice Cooper, 80s hair rock...

;)

ETA: Queen. We need a Queen thread to discuss what a great vocalist Freddie was!

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

They have a lot of very good riffs and were obviously a big influence on future metal bands. But they never had that big hit or two that would have helped them get exposed to a wider audience. Because of that most folks have no clue who they are.

• Like 1

They have a lot of very good riffs and were obviously a big influence on future metal bands. But they never had that big hit or two that would have helped them get exposed to a wider audience. Because of that most folks have no clue who they are.

Indeed. I thought you guys were referring to the whale-shaped ice cream cake from Carvel.

budgie are highly rated when discussed. so they really aren't underrated, just not famous

a better answer is, of course, KISS

they sure do get hated quite a lot on some other websites