Hammer To Fall

Some songs that were close to making the list:

Love Of My Life

Tie Your Mother Down

Fat Bottomed Girls

Radio Ga Ga

I Want To Break Free

Hammer To Fall

Why not include those too? They're certainly popular enough. I would have picked Fat Bottomed Girls, for example. But hey, it's your poll. ;)

• Like 3

Of these, Killer Queen. It's just so fun lyrically.

A Live Killers version of Now I'm Here or the Live Aid Radio Gaga would beat it out, though.

• Like 1

Some songs that were close to making the list:

Love Of My Life

Tie Your Mother Down

Fat Bottomed Girls

Radio Ga Ga

I Want To Break Free

Hammer To Fall

Why not include those too? They're certainly popular enough. I would have picked Fat Bottomed Girls, for example. But hey, it's your poll. ;)

I'm only chopping it down to 10 for the poll lol

Well obviously I chose Bohemian Rhapsody, which I need not justify or explain to anyone here. However I believe for a poll like this a personal ranking is also in order!

1. Bohemian Rhapsody

2. Killer Queen

3. Somebody To Love

4. You're My Best Friend

5. Don't Stop Me Now

6. The Show Must Go On

7. Under Pressure

8. Another One Bites The Dust

9. We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions

10. Crazy Little Thing Called Love

I love all of these songs of course.

• Like 2

I can't really go past Bohemian Rhapsody. I have vivid memories of it's release in the winter of 1975 .... I was still at school and can remember it hitting the Christmas no. 1 spot.
  • Like 1

I can't really go past Bohemian Rhapsody. I have vivid memories of it's release in the winter of 1975 .... I was still at school and can remember it hitting the Christmas no. 1 spot.

9 weeks straight in the UK yet it peaked at no. 2 in the US, and didn't hit that peak until Freddie passed away. I don't get it.

• Like 1

9 weeks straight in the UK yet it peaked at no. 2 in the US, and didn't hit that peak until Freddie passed away. I don't get it.

It was everywhere that winter ..... video on tv, song on radio, playing in the record shops ...... when i hear it today i am transported back to being a 17 yr old again and living with my folks. Quite emotional.
  • Like 1

That's how popular the movie Wayne's World was. It got Bohemian Rhapsody to skyrocket up the charts. Never heard classic rock radio play it here before it was in that movie. Was very familiar with most of Queen's hits before that but not Rhapsody. I thought it was a forgotten deep cut that accidently became a hit because it was in a stupid scene in a popular movie.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

That's how popular the movie Wayne's World was. It got Bohemian Rhapsody to skyrocket up the charts. Never heard classic rock radio play it here before it was in that movie. Was very familiar with most of Queen's hits before that but not Rhapsody. I thought it was a forgotten deep cut that accidently became a hit because it was in a stupid scene in a popular movie.

I believe it was a hit the first time, but American listeners just didn't take to it as well as British and other international listeners at the time. Wayne's World was definitely the major reason it shot back up the American charts, but that also came very close to Freddie's passing and the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, which I can't help but think added a little more gravitas to its re-entry.

• Like 2

Entre is going to hate me, but I don't love BR. It's virtues are obvious, and I get why others picked it, but it just doesn't really resonate with me. Crazy Little Thing has always been my favorite Queen song. Had it made the list, Hammer would be my second choice.
  • Like 1

Entre is going to hate me, but I don't love BR. It's virtues are obvious, and I get why others picked it, but it just doesn't really resonate with me. Crazy Little Thing has always been my favorite Queen song. Had it made the list, Hammer would be my second choice.

It's like you said in the other poll, I won't hate you. Your opinion is perfectly valid and I would be a bad music fan for not letting you have it. I mean you're wrong of course, but you should stand by your opinion! :)

• Like 2

It's like you said in the other poll, I won't hate you. Your opinion is perfectly valid and I would be a bad music fan for not letting you have it. I mean you're wrong of course, but you should stand by your opinion! :)

You're a good dude, Entre.

• Like 2