17 minutes ago, treeduck said:

How do you like all three new songs so far?

I like them a lot. TBH.  Metal of quality.

I get the sense you feel the same way?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

So far the album is 3 for 3 - at least IMO.  Enjoy all 3 songs a lot.  Good stuff.

Yeah that's how I see it, although I can't properly recall Trial by Fire but I remember it sounded good on the two brief listens I've given it so far.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grep said:

Now THIS is an arena anthem!  I love it. 

My absolute fave of the three

• Like 2

See, it’s good to see this thread again. Considering the rock I’ve been living under, I didn’t even know a release date had been set. And then also, suffice it to say I didn’t know that anything of the songs were available yet. So I’ll be checking those out here in a bit (not interrupting the rest of the record I have on right now).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue J said:

See, it’s good to see this thread again. Considering the rock I’ve been living under, I didn’t even know a release date had been set. And then also, suffice it to say I didn’t know that anything of the songs were available yet. So I’ll be checking those out here in a bit (not interrupting the rest of the record I have on right now).

Meh. Don't be so worried about it. :)

Just be prepared /to/ ROCK.  \m/

• Like 2

ROB HALFORD Says New JUDAS PRIEST Song 'The Serpent And The King' Will 'Rip Your Head Off'

February 14, 2024

In a new interview with Remy Maxwell of Audacy Check In, JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke about the first three songs that have been released from the band's upcoming "Invincible Shield" album: "Panic Attack", "Trial By Fire" and "Crown Of Horns". He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Your first three cuts, your first three tracks of your new album are so important because they have to send the right messages out in terms of connectivity and what are they doing now? What is it gonna sound like? There's then the excitement and the anticipation of your new music. Your fans around the world are just, like, 'What are they doing? I wanna check it out, what's going on.'"

He continued: "I'll tell you what was really cool, because there's that great intro to [the first single] 'Panic Attack', which starts with the almost-'Turbo'-sounding guitars… And I thought, I just know our fans are gonna be listening and [going], 'What the hell is this shit? What are they doing now?' Which is exactly what we wanted to do in terms of getting your attention, getting you focused and ready, because when that song opens up, when those first rhythm riffs start blasting through and then the band is just taking off, we leave the launchpad immediately. And PRIEST fans are going off, 'Thank God for that. Because this is exactly what I wanted.' … The structures, the arrangements, the DNA of that song is full of lots of beautiful metal trails that take this band all the way back to 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' and beyond."

When Maxwell touched upon the fact that none of the first three songs released from "Invincible Shield" sound similar to one another, Halford concurred. "I'm really pleased with the way that we've unleashed these first three tracks, because, again, it just shows you the breadth of the ability of this band to take you to all these different places," he said. "Those three songs are nothing like each other; they're nothing like each other. They're three songs, but when they're connected to the rest of the material, you're getting, again, this beautiful album definition of what PRIEST is doing and representing itself in 2024.

"You wait till you hear 'The Serpent And The King'," Halford added about one of the tracks that have yet to be released from the LP. "That's gonna rip your head off. We've already sent a teaser out for that, and the fans are already losing their minds. So, all the things that you love about PRIEST are enmeshed in 'Invincible Shield', and then some."

• Like 3

15 hours ago, treeduck said:

ROB HALFORD Says New JUDAS PRIEST Song 'The Serpent And The King' Will 'Rip Your Head Off'

Laughing too hard can do that. 

On 1/9/2024 at 2:46 PM, treeduck said:

I never got into the metal scene back in the '70s and '80s, and bands like  Priest and Saxon didn't interest me much (Iron Maiden is the exception), but this is a seriously good song.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I never got into the metal scene back in the '70s and '80s, and bands like  Priest and Saxon didn't interest me much (Iron Maiden is the exception), but this is a seriously good song.

Check out the other new songs too, and maybe the previous album Firepower from 2018.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, treeduck said:

I can't really say that it ripped my head off.    But it's a damned fine song. 

• Like 2

OH MY GOD I AM OBSESSED WITH THE NEW SONG

I liked mostly all them.Crowns of Horns being my fav.

the only song i i'm gonna  flat say i do not like is Trial by Fire.

i've heard it lots and that rising beyond the fact that it's a song, lol.

People are saying this could rise above firepower.  and while most is very quolity and on point.  i don't feel earth shattered like firepower did for me.........BUT still you won't hear me badmouthing anything done here.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:09 AM, Tony R said:

Laughing too hard can do that. 

yea none of the singles ripped my head off, lol.

they're good one in there i'd say is great.

but my head is still in tact.

still......looking forward to the album though:yes:

Mick