7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Their debut album came out in 1990.

They are a unique band. They started out intense Doom metal, and by the late nineties embraced electropop. 

I recommend a middle album, One Second. Or the self titled from 2005.

1990?  that may help to explain why I never heard of them.  Once you get to the 1990's I drifted away from a lot of music because well, it drifted away from my tastes.  Basically for me the 1990's and 2000's until now represented a dark age that is just starting to lift.  Their were occasional ray's of light, and I am finding more than I was aware of, but unlike in the 1970's and 1980's they did not get a lot of regular airplay - at least not that I was aware of.  So I am having to dig through Youtube to find these fragile becons of light.

Given how you describe them I am not certain that would fall into my taste range but I will add them to my list to try.  Thanks for the recomendation.

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

You never heard Resurrection from Halford? That's a very good album. Have you heard Accident Of Birth or The Chemical Wedding from Dickinson? Those are as good as anything he's done since returning to Maiden.

Resurrection?  The live album - correct?  Very good live show.  A rare glimpse of light during the (IMO) musical darkness of the 1990's / 200's.  But the music and lyrics I don't go wild for.  But I agree with you - very good performance (assuming we are talking about the same album).  

As for the Bruce albums you mentioned, I don't believe so.  I really enjoyed Tattooed Millionaire and then had another solo Bruce album but sold it as I was not impressed.  Thanks for recommending these, I will try to check them out.

Song title update:

1.    "Panic Attack"   
2.    "The Serpent and the King"     
3.    "Invincible Shield"     
4.    "Devil in Disguise"     
5.    "Gates of Hell"     
6.    "Trial by Fire"  
7.    "As God Is My Witness"

• Like 1

JUDAS PRIEST Reveals Full Track Listing For 'Invincible Shield' Album
December 7, 2023

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST have revealed the full track listing for their upcoming studio album, "Invincible Shield".

"Invincible Shield" will arrive on March 8, 2024 via Sony Music. The music videos for the LP's first two singles, "Trial By Fire" and "Panic Attack", can be seen below.

"Invincible Shield" track listing:

01. Panic Attack
02. The Serpent And The King
03. Invincible Shield
04. Devil In Disguise
05. Gates Of Hell
06. Crown Of Horns
07. As God Is My Witness
08. Trial By Fire
09. Escape From Reality
10. Sons Of Thunder
11. Giants In The Sky

Deluxe edition bonus tracks:

12. Fight Of Your Life
13. Vicious Circle
14. The Lodger

• Like 2

Song lengths:

1.    "Panic Attack"    5:25
2.    "The Serpent and the King"    4:19
3.    "Invincible Shield"    6:21
4.    "Devil in Disguise"    4:44
5.    "Gates of Hell"    4:37
6.    "Crown of Horns"    5:45
7.    "As God Is My Witness"    4:35
8.    "Trial by Fire"    4:21
9.    "Escape from Reality"    4:24
10.    "Sons of Thunder"    2:58
11.    "Giants in the Sky"    5:03
Total length:    52:32

Deluxe edition bonus tracks

12.    "Fight of Your Life"    4:15
13.    "Vicious Circle"    3:00
14.    "The Lodger"    3:46
Total length:    63:33

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't understand bonus tracks. Either put the songs on the album or don't. Absolutely pointless.

Often bonus tracks are not favoured as part of an album. Or the band just didn't have time to finish them by a deadline, or the band members dispute their worth, or the label says "no".

People love to complain about bloated albums, then whine about bonus tracks to concise albums.

Make it make sense.

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Often bonus tracks are not favoured as part of an album. Or the band just didn't have time to finish them by a deadline, or the band members dispute their worth, or the label says "no".

People love to complain about bloated albums, then whine about bonus tracks to concise albums.

Make it make sense.

I just think the whole bonus track thing has overstayed it's welcome by many years. When every album has bonus tracks what is special about having them?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't understand bonus tracks. Either put the songs on the album or don't. Absolutely pointless.

hard agree.  odds are if i see bonus songs tacked on.  i'm just listening to the proper album, lol

Mick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I just think the whole bonus track thing has overstayed it's welcome by many years. When every album has bonus tracks what is special about having them?

I wouldn't say they are special, but as a fan of a band, if there are "off cuts", count me in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

hard agree.  odds are if i see bonus songs tacked on.  i'm just listening to the proper album, lol

Mick

Agreed

However, if I really get into a band, finding nuggets elsewhere is fun. Sometimes I get why songs are cut, others, really not.

An example being Trivium- In Waves. The fact the "deluxe edition" actually incorporated the bonus tracks within the tracklist, rather than at the end, is proof the studio interfered.

That's the only way to play that album.

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Exactly, especially since the whole 14 tracks only add up to 63 minutes. It's about the same length as Firepower which didn't have any bonus tracks. It's obviously a cash grab tactic. I'll just buy the "deluxe" edition, call that the album and dismiss the "regular" edition as a big EP!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I think in the age of streaming, recod labels should be confident in letting artists release as many songs as they want.

It's clear to me that Taylor Swoft must have had arguments with her label last year, as Midnights had a specific number of songs, yet she released more than an albums worth straight to streaming.

37 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Are you buying the album (deluxe) or the EP (regular)?

Deluxe

11 hours ago, treeduck said:

I knew you weren't an EP man!

Never have been! Unless its an older album, and I've had the chance to see if the bonus material is worth it.

I do tend to prefer the bonus material to be on a separate disc, however.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Never have been! Unless its an older album, and I've had the chance to see if the bonus material is worth it.

I do tend to prefer the bonus material to be on a separate disc, however.

Not this time, because those "bonus" tracks are part of the album !