I've got a theory about the title. It's the new STAINED CLASS. When I was a kid hanging around record shops in 1979 and 1980 with other Priest fans and rockers, everyone when they first saw the Stained Class album thought it was Stained GLASS. And what is stained glass, an invisible shield which is what most people will mistake the word invincible for! 

Invincible Shield AKA INVISIBLE Shield = Stained Class AKA Stained GLASS!

• Like 2

Welllll...title and cover art don't have the same impact as Firepower but hey! I'm excited all the same!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Okay that snippet sounds fantastic. Oh I want it NOW

• Like 2

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

This was even better 

• Like 1

So a bit more info, Panic Attack is the opening track and the first single and the track length is 5:34. There's 11 songs on the album, the three bonus tracks make it 14. Hopefully they can get all 14 songs on one disc.

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

This was even better 

This music isn't actually Priest, someone must have put that together using some obscure metal band. People in the comments were saying stuff like wow better than anything on Firepower but it's not even Priest! :laugh:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, treeduck said:

This music isn't actually Priest, someone must have put that together using some obscure metal band. People in the comments were saying stuff like wow better than anything on Firepower but it's not even Priest! :laugh:

Oh that's annoying! I was thinking this sounded like something fresh and new for them!

Oh well lmao

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh that's annoying! I was thinking this sounded like something fresh and new for them!

Oh well lmao

The guitars sounded a bit too dirty and downtuned for Priest and the production was a bit muddy.

1 minute ago, treeduck said:

The guitars sounded a bit too dirty and downtuned for Priest and the production was a bit muddy.

I put that down to it being a brief advert. Oh well!

I've played a lot of Priest today. Always good to come back to them

• Like 1

Just now, treeduck said:

Which album or songs?

Firepower, Sin After Sin, Point Of Entry and Rocka Rolla

Sin After Sin I think remains my favourite Priest album. I love its production, its ballads are fantastic and the drumming? Maybe the best of any Maiden album!

• Like 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Firepower, Sin After Sin, Point Of Entry and Rocka Rolla

Sin After Sin I think remains my favourite Priest album. I love its production, its ballads are fantastic and the drumming? Maybe the best of any Maiden album!

Nice. Can you do your Priest album rankings?

The new album seems to consist of longer tracks based on the fact that there's 14 tracks altogether with only 11 on the main album. Even the first single is 5:34. There was quite a few 3 minute songs on Firepower.

14 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Nice. Can you do your Priest album rankings?

The new album seems to consist of longer tracks based on the fact that there's 14 tracks altogether with only 11 on the main album. Even the first single is 5:34. There was quite a few 3 minute songs on Firepower.

Oh I can try, but I've not listened to their full discography for a while!

Erm:

1. Sin After Sin

2. Stained Class

3. Screaming For Vengeance

4. Firepower

5. Killing Machine

6. Point Of Entry (kinda hurt not seeing this in my top five)

7. Defenders Of The Faith

8. Rocka Rolla

9. Sad Wings Of Destiny 

10. Angel Of Retribution (I have a feeling this one will raise much higher, based on my last couple of listens)

11. British Steel

12. Painkiller

13. Nostradamus (personally really admire and enjoy this album, its just not something I reach for often)

14. Ram It Down

15. Turbo

16. Redeemer Of Souls

I actually really like the Tim Owens albums but I don't feel right ranking them with the rest, they stand apart for me.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh I can try, but I've not listened to their full discography for a while!

Erm:

1. Sin After Sin

2. Stained Class

3. Screaming For Vengeance

4. Firepower

5. Killing Machine

6. Point Of Entry (kinda hurt not seeing this in my top five)

7. Defenders Of The Faith

8. Rocka Rolla

9. Sad Wings Of Destiny 

10. Angel Of Retribution (I have a feeling this one will raise much higher, based on my last couple of listens)

11. British Steel

12. Painkiller

13. Nostradamus (personally really admire and enjoy this album, its just not something I reach for often)

14. Ram It Down

15. Turbo

16. Redeemer Of Souls

I actually really like the Tim Owens albums but I don't feel right ranking them with the rest, they stand apart for me.

That's interesting that you have Rocka Rolla in the top 10. I love all the Halford albums so I wouldn't argue with anyone's rankings. To illustrate this I'm a big fan of Nostradamus and yet it's bottom of my list. I'll do my current rankings and I'll also give you my Nostradamus song rankings, which I happen to have handy:

1. Sad Wings of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Killing Machine

4. Defenders of the Faith

5. British Steel

6. Screaming For Vengeance

7. Sin After Sin

8. Point of Entry

9. Firepower

10. Angel of Retribution

11. Redeemer of Souls

12. Turbo

13. Rocka Rolla

14. Painkiller

15. Ram it Down

16. Nostradamus

Nostradamus (not including intros and interludes:)

1. Persecution
2. Alone
3. Visions
4. Nostradamus
5. Future of Mankind
6. Prophecy
7. Death
8. War
9. Conquest
10. Revelations
11. Pestilence and Plague
12. New Beginnings
13. Exiled
14. Lost Love

• Like 2

1 minute ago, treeduck said:

That's interesting that you have Rocka Rolla in the top 10. I love all the Halford albums so I wouldn't argue with anyone's rankings. To illustrate this I'm a big fan of Nostradamus and yet it's bottom of my list. I'll do my current rankings and I'll also give you my Nostradamus song rankings, which I happen to have handy:

1. Sad Wings of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Killing Machine

4. Defenders of the Faith

5. British Steel

6. Screaming For Vengeance

7. Sin After Sin

8. Point of Entry

9. Firepower

10. Angel of Retribution

11. Redeemer of Souls

12. Turbo

13. Rocka Rolla

14. Painkiller

15. Ram it Down

16. Nostradamus

Nostradamus (not including intros and interludes:)

1. Persecution
2. Alone
3. Visions
4. Nostradamus
5. Future of Mankind
6. Prophecy
7. Death
8. War
9. Conquest
10. Revelations
11. Pestilence and Plague
12. New Beginnings
13. Exiled
14. Lost Love

I've always loved Rocka Rolla. I find it interesting we listen to a lot of very heavy music, but rate Painkiller quite low!

Great album, just a bit one note for me. Still an absolute thrill and my first listen of it is one of the most fun memories I have

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I've always loved Rocka Rolla. I find it interesting we listen to a lot of very heavy music, but rate Painkiller quite low!

Great album, just a bit one note for me. Still an absolute thrill and my first listen of it is one of the most fun memories I have

I do enjoy Painkiller it's a really solid album and strong throughout. But I've always been surprised how many Priest fans rank it as their favourite album and some of them seem to rate it way better than anything else by Priest. I have to say it's overrated for that reason, I do think it's a very good album, I just like most of the other Priest albums much more.

Just now, treeduck said:

I do enjoy Painkiller it's a really solid album and strong throughout. But I've always been surprised how many Priest fans rank it as their favourite album and some of them seem to rate it way better than anything else by Priest. I have to say it's overrated for that reason, I do think it's a very good album, I just like most of the other Priest albums much more.

Exactly how I feel. I used to really dislike British Steel, but it grew on me a lot.

I don't like Redeemer Of Souls all that much. I feel it comes off really forced, in fact it reminds me of KK's Priest, only better (not hard). Not saying its bad but I never play it, and when I do I'm bored quite quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Exactly how I feel. I used to really dislike British Steel, but it grew on me a lot.

I don't like Redeemer Of Souls all that much. I feel it comes off really forced, in fact it reminds me of KK's Priest, only better (not hard). Not saying its bad but I never play it, and when I do I'm bored quite quickly.

I've always liked Redeemer, it's got a lot of tracks I enjoy. In fact the only weak track for me is the last song on the bonus disc.

I got British Steel when it first came out on vinyl in 1980. I got it from Woolworths! At the time I thought it was the heaviest album in existence! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I've always liked Redeemer, it's got a lot of tracks I enjoy. In fact the only weak track for me is the last song on the bonus disc.

I got British Steel when it first came out on vinyl in 1980. I got it from Woolworths! At the time I thought it was the heaviest album in existence! 

I grew up knowing Breaking The Law from rock radio...hated it and judged the band for it and thought there was no way they could be as good as people say.

Wellll I now enjoy that song for what it is, love the album, and LOVE the band! Top three UK metal band for me alongside Iron Maiden and Paradise Lost (don't ask me to choose, I can't).

I do underestimate how much I love Priest though. Whenever I return to them, I'm blown away all over again!

• Like 1