Donington

Donington?

It was just a joke and I hate spellcheck typing on here with my phone.

Monsters Of Rock

I've been there with my pals and a crowd of 70,000 people!

Lucky Son Of A Bitch! Which show?

1984 which to me was THE best line-up!

AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Gary Moore, Y&T, Accept, Motley Crue.

I AM SO FUCKKING JEALOUS!!! INCREDBILE!!!

Yeah and thinking about it, it's almost the perfect EARL line-up with Accept, Y&T and Van Halen, AND Jake E Lee with Ozzy!

OMFO!!!!!!!

That means...

Oh

My

Fuckking

OZZY!

You said it though buddy! "Almost the perfect EARL Line Up!" If Bon Scott was still alive and was on that tour HECK YES!!!! PEFECT! Brian Johnson kills it. LOL!

Ha ha, Brian Johnson is cool though, I've met him and it's like talking to your best pal, even though he doesn't know you from Adam!

• Like 1

Andy Sneap will not tour with them the next time they hit the road. The band will play as a quartet instead? Um, how the f**k does Priest work with only one guitar player? If there was a time to ask KK back, here it is.

https://www.blabberm...roduction-work/

This is insanity. One guitar player? No, Priest doesn't work without twin guitars.

And the one guitar player is coming off life and death heart surgery.

I just saw this news Pat.

Had to quickly sign in on my phone.

I am so pissed off!

I have front row balcony. Paid premium for them.

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

I remember when ACCEPT toured on a few records with just Wolf.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

I’m going to sell my JUDAS FOUR PIECE tix!

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Iron Maiden to tour with Murray only!

Scorpions to tour this summer without Rudolf Schenker.

Whitesnake headlining Donimgton without Reb Beach.

It’s like buying a V8 Mustang with 4 cylinders!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Yeah it's like turning Sabbath into a three piece with no Iommi, or KISS with just Gene, Paul and Singer on drums.

Pat!

I’m very upset.

I was just talking to my buddy who is a huge KISS freak!

I told him the same thing!

Like KISS as a three piece!

He told me KISS did one show as a three piece because Ace never showed up!

I didn’t know that!

I think they did a three piece show recently too. This was while Paul was having knee surgery, so it was Gene, Thayer and Singer. What a crap line-up!

OMG!

What garbage!

I feel sorry for the fans paying for that crap.

I just texted my buddy who I’m going to Priest with.

He’s out too!!

Rob Halford truly is a “Sinner!”

I think they're trolling KK with this four-piece line-up announcement to be honest. They'll probably bring someone else in once they realise how fans are reacting. Some unknown dude, some guy who filled in for Warrant's guitarist when he had butt rot!

Right!

All of buddies are pissed of.

None are going now.

I’m hoping they give George Lynch a cal.

Isn’t Richie with George’s daughter.

Don’t they have a baby together??

Now I see they will be playing live to pre-recorded guitar tracks.

I’m out!

Richie may even be unable to perform after the heart operation, that was only a couple of months ago. Instead of the twin guitar attack it might be the twin tape deck attack! :oops:

Call Milli Vanilli to play the double guitar parts!

What a disgrace to the Metal World!

Very sad.

Maybe Rob will crank out a few riffs using a micophone and his dirty butt!

Hahahaha! He's a "Grinder looking for meat." They should just cancel the North American Tour.

They need to use wheelchairs for Glenn and Richie and Rob with his bad back and and Ian looks like his own grandmother. Call it the Steel Wheelchair tour!

Right! It's actually very pathetic! The Steel Wheelchair Tour! A homage to The Rolling Stones!!

Rob really must hate KK now. It's obvious to anyone that KK has to be brought back.

There is zero doubt about the HATE. Pat, I am very lucky that I've seen every Judas Priest Tour since "Painkiller." I wanted to see Priest back in the mid-80's but back then I was a "Slave To The Grind." Safeway grocery clerk. 3 to midnights!

It's over dude. I do hope Priest puts out one more album.

So Pat, I have one more complaint about the current live Priest situation.

It's no big deal but to me as a drummer and loving Scott Travis in Racer X. Also he was amazing on the "Painkiller" Tour.

For the last ten years the dude just looks flat out bored. Flipping his cute black and striped sticks. Maybe he should join Michael Sweet and play in STRYPER. "TO HELL WITH THE TYRNAT!" LOL!!

At this point I am going to sell my awesome Priest tickets.

But I will wait and hope for another guitarist to join.

How about Zakk Wylde? He loves side projects, and sadly the last several BLS albums are crap to me. Zakk should never sing. As Alex Lifeson would say.. "SHUT UP AND PLAY YER GUITAR!" LOL!

How about Adrian Vandenberg? Reb Beach? I like the George Lynch idea but that won't happen!

Michael Schenker should join! HOLY SHIT!

Yeah Travis is good but he does look like he's been phoning it in of late. He knows it's a good-paying gig though and he isn't about to quit.

What about bringing in Bruce Kulick? He's not doing anything and he's experienced at jumping into a big band on short notice.

I knew you would agree with me on Travis.

Haha! I'll take Bruce!

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

Yeah and thinking about it, it's almost the perfect EARL line-up with Accept, Y&T and Van Halen, AND Jake E Lee with Ozzy!

OMFO!!!!!!!

That means...

Oh

My

Fuckking

OZZY!

You said it though buddy! "Almost the perfect EARL Line Up!" If Bon Scott was still alive and was on that tour HECK YES!!!! PEFECT! Brian Johnson kills it. LOL!

Ha ha, Brian Johnson is cool though, I've met him and it's like talking to your best pal, even though he doesn't know you from Adam!

Haha! I know Pat! Briain is a sweetheart of a man! Incredible guy!

Just can't get into him with AC/DC.

I'm a BON guy until I die.

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

OMFO!!!!!!!

That means...

Oh

My

Fuckking

OZZY!

How do you like him with Geordie??

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

Yes I was there too. Best Monsters ever without a doubt. Y&Ts last UK show before they shitcanned touring here in the hope of breaking the US. Meniketti still calls it one of the top 3 dumbest business decisions the band ever made.

As to Priest being a 4 piece, it's a hard pass from me. Nonsensical decision. How are they even going to orchestrate the songs?

• Like 2

Andy Sneap will not tour with them the next time they hit the road. The band will play as a quartet instead? Um, how the f**k does Priest work with only one guitar player? If there was a time to ask KK back, here it is.

https://www.blabberm...roduction-work/

This is insanity. One guitar player? No, Priest doesn't work without twin guitars.

And the one guitar player is coming off life and death heart surgery.

I just saw this news Pat.

Had to quickly sign in on my phone.

I am so pissed off!

I have front row balcony. Paid premium for them.

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

I remember when ACCEPT toured on a few records with just Wolf.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

I’m going to sell my JUDAS FOUR PIECE tix!

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Iron Maiden to tour with Murray only!

Scorpions to tour this summer without Rudolf Schenker.

Whitesnake headlining Donimgton without Reb Beach.

It’s like buying a V8 Mustang with 4 cylinders!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Yeah it's like turning Sabbath into a three piece with no Iommi, or KISS with just Gene, Paul and Singer on drums.

Pat!

I’m very upset.

I was just talking to my buddy who is a huge KISS freak!

I told him the same thing!

Like KISS as a three piece!

He told me KISS did one show as a three piece because Ace never showed up!

I didn’t know that!

I think they did a three piece show recently too. This was while Paul was having knee surgery, so it was Gene, Thayer and Singer. What a crap line-up!

OMG!

What garbage!

I feel sorry for the fans paying for that crap.

I just texted my buddy who I’m going to Priest with.

He’s out too!!

Rob Halford truly is a “Sinner!”

I think they're trolling KK with this four-piece line-up announcement to be honest. They'll probably bring someone else in once they realise how fans are reacting. Some unknown dude, some guy who filled in for Warrant's guitarist when he had butt rot!

Right!

All of buddies are pissed of.

None are going now.

I’m hoping they give George Lynch a cal.

Isn’t Richie with George’s daughter.

Don’t they have a baby together??

Now I see they will be playing live to pre-recorded guitar tracks.

I’m out!

Richie may even be unable to perform after the heart operation, that was only a couple of months ago. Instead of the twin guitar attack it might be the twin tape deck attack! :oops:

Call Milli Vanilli to play the double guitar parts!

What a disgrace to the Metal World!

Very sad.

Maybe Rob will crank out a few riffs using a micophone and his dirty butt!

Hahahaha! He's a "Grinder looking for meat." They should just cancel the North American Tour.

They need to use wheelchairs for Glenn and Richie and Rob with his bad back and and Ian looks like his own grandmother. Call it the Steel Wheelchair tour!

Right! It's actually very pathetic! The Steel Wheelchair Tour! A homage to The Rolling Stones!!

Rob really must hate KK now. It's obvious to anyone that KK has to be brought back.

There is zero doubt about the HATE. Pat, I am very lucky that I've seen every Judas Priest Tour since "Painkiller." I wanted to see Priest back in the mid-80's but back then I was a "Slave To The Grind." Safeway grocery clerk. 3 to midnights!

It's over dude. I do hope Priest puts out one more album.

So Pat, I have one more complaint about the current live Priest situation.

It's no big deal but to me as a drummer and loving Scott Travis in Racer X. Also he was amazing on the "Painkiller" Tour.

For the last ten years the dude just looks flat out bored. Flipping his cute black and striped sticks. Maybe he should join Michael Sweet and play in STRYPER. "TO HELL WITH THE TYRNAT!" LOL!!

At this point I am going to sell my awesome Priest tickets.

But I will wait and hope for another guitarist to join.

How about Zakk Wylde? He loves side projects, and sadly the last several BLS albums are crap to me. Zakk should never sing. As Alex Lifeson would say.. "SHUT UP AND PLAY YER GUITAR!" LOL!

How about Adrian Vandenberg? Reb Beach? I like the George Lynch idea but that won't happen!

Michael Schenker should join! HOLY SHIT!

Yeah Travis is good but he does look like he's been phoning it in of late. He knows it's a good-paying gig though and he isn't about to quit.

What about bringing in Bruce Kulick? He's not doing anything and he's experienced at jumping into a big band on short notice.

I knew you would agree with me on Travis.

Haha! I'll take Bruce!

Bruce could do it. I'm not sure he's got the right sound but I think he could handle it.

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

Yes I was there too. Best Monsters ever without a doubt. Y&Ts last UK show before they shitcanned touring here in the hope of breaking the US. Meniketti still calls it one of the top 3 dumbest business decisions the band ever made.

As to Priest being a 4 piece, it's a hard pass from me. Nonsensical decision. How are they even going to orchestrate the songs?

I remember when Gary Moore was playing at one point, Eddie Van Halen popped up at the side of the stage in the background watching Gary with his big Eddie grin!

Me and my mates were parched by about 3pm. We'd boozed ourselves silly and it was pretty hot so by then we were dehydrated to hell. We met this Dave Lee Roth lookalike and his hot girlfriend. She took pity on us and gave us a drink of her Malibu, but it didn't help at all! And all there was was the crappest cups of tea on sale ever and for ridiculous prices! And it took about 20 minutes to get to one of the stalls!

• Like 2

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

I remember when Gary Moore was playing at one point, Eddie Van Halen popped up at the side of the stage in the background watching Gary with his big Eddie grin!

Me and my mates were parched by about 3pm. We'd boozed ourselves silly and it was pretty hot so by then we were dehydrated to hell. We met this Dave Lee Roth lookalike and his hot girlfriend. She took pity on us and gave us a drink of her Malibu, but it didn't help at all! And all there was was the crappest cups of tea on sale ever and for ridiculous prices! And it took about 20 minutes to get to one of the stalls!

Yes it was boiling that day. Still one of the best metal gigs I've ever seen though.

As to replacements for Sneap, how about Ian Nash from Grim Reaper or Jason Banks from Persian Risk? Both could do a good job I think.

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

OMFO!!!!!!!

That means...

Oh

My

Fuckking

OZZY!

Hahaha! Pat! You can trick me a few times a year, but I'm right there with you.

I have a Geordie Japanese Cd Box Set. I like the albums!

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

You lads kill my soul, but I love you both!

Meniketti is the smartest dummest idiot Guitar Legend on the Planet Earth.

Meniketti should leave his ship wreck of a band and play in Priest! LOL!

What a fuckking joke.

I didn't know Meniketti abandoned the UK to focus on the fuckingg stupid dumb USA MTV CRAP!!!!!! LOL!!! Saddly I am not surprised.

It was Leonard Haze's band. Dave stole from him and killed it's fuckking soul. It's true man.

I know so much too about this band, yet you can never know it all.

I might take my Judas Priest front row balcony tickets and burn them. FUCKK JUDAS PRIEST.

The name of the band is finally TRUE! FUCKKING TRAITOR!

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

Gary Moore!! So glad I saw Gary open for Rush in 1984!! EMPTY ROOMS! I was 16 and clueless then. But I saw him!

• Like 1

Donington

Donington?

Monsters Of Rock

OMFO!!!!!!!

That means...

Oh

My

Fuckking

OZZY!

Hahaha! Pat! You can trick me a few times a year, but I'm right there with you.

I have a Geordie Japanese Cd Box Set. I like the albums!

Aye!

• Like 1

Andy is back in. The band must have seen the terrible reaction to the news and changed their minds.

https://www.blabberm...-as-five-piece/

Oh good.

Andy is back in. The band must have seen the terrible reaction to the news and changed their minds.

They've seen sense, but they should have called KK.

I really think it's never gonna happen. If they were all 30 years younger and they had 30 more years to let the water pass under the bridge and the possible big bucks of a reunion tour persuade them, they'd probably get him back on board. But so late in their... KK's on his own now.

I really think it's never gonna happen. If they were all 30 years younger and they had 30 more years to let the water pass under the bridge and the possible big bucks of a reunion tour persuade them, they'd probably get him back on board. But so late in their... KK's on his own now.

Maybe...maybe not.

Yeah if ever KK was gonna come back, I think it would've been during this break. I actually believed when they first pushed Sneap aside that it might be because they were negotiating with KK and the quartet idea was just a backup plan, but now I think it's never gonna happen. Priest actually getting inducted into the Rock Hall is probably the only possibility of them ever appearing together again.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

Well, whatever the oddball reason some lunatic(s) had for Priest touring as a one guitar band, I'm glad that notion's been dismissed. Not that Andy Sneap is essential to the Judas Priest sound, but you simply MUST gig with two guitarists and he's been doing a fine job attempting to fill Glenn's shoes. Now I'm actually excited about my upcoming show again.
  • Like 2

In a new interview with Jimmy Kay and Alan Dixon of Canada's The Metal Voice, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner spoke about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's follow-up to 2018's "Firepower" album.

He said : "Since the 'Firepower' tour, we all went our separate ways, like we do, and we've always got ideas coming up; me, Rob [Halford, vocals] and Glenn [Tipton, guitar], we sort of start to put ideas down. And we got together in early 2020 — me, Rob and Glenn; and [co-producer and touring guitarist] Andy Sneap was there as well — and we pooled all our ideas together and we started the first writing session. So we got together a batch of songs that were by no means finished, but they were developed enough that we could call them songs. So we could give them working titles. They were demos, if that makes sense. So we had a batch of demos. And then since then, we've been trying to find an opportunity where we can all get together and develop 'em further and record them. But, obviously, with the restrictions of the lockdown and the pandemic…"

He continued: "We wanna be together as a band to iron out those creases. If the three of us got together with a group of songs and we played them together, it's, like, 'Oh, that one needs a bit of fat trimmed there,' 'That's too long' or 'We need to put some more guitar solos in there.' It becomes evident when you play together what songs need. So we've been looking for an opportunity to do that. It's been tough with the travel restrictions — some of us live over here; some of us live over there — so it's been tough. But we have started recording some and getting it put together with those restrictions, because we wanna get it done, but it's obviously taking longer than we'd like, really, because of the pandemic. Obviously, now we've got the tour coming up and hopefully we can get on the road and stay on the road, so we're gonna work around that flow. So I wouldn't like to say when it's gonna be finished and when it's gonna be out, but we are working on it and we are dedicated to getting it done, getting those songs down and then getting it out to the world. But, obviously, we're nowhere near a release date, but we are dedicated on working on it and getting it done to the best of our ability, for sure."

As for the musical direction of the new PRIEST material, Faulkner said: "Whenever you start a record, you never know how it's gonna turn out. So you might start with an idea of what it's gonna be, and as it kind of rolls on, it comes out something different. So you don't quite know. And also it's really hard to sum up your own music, I find, without sounding really pretentious. But I think this one — it's not 'Firepower 2', I don't think. It's its own thing, it's its own animal. If anything, I would say it's a bit more progressive in places, and in places it's got a bit more of that 'Killing Machine' swagger."

Faulkner added: "I know everyone says, 'Oh, is it the next 'Painkiller'?' or 'Is it the next…?' whatever… I don't know if they'd ever done it, but I know we've never done it when I've been in the band; we've never tried to recreate an album. It's always we try to create an album that stands on its own legs. So I think it's definitely a little bit more progressive than 'Firepower' and, as I said, in places it's got a little bit of that 'Killing Machine' angry swagger attitude going on. But again, as I said, we're waiting to see what it turns out like, 'cause it could turn out completely different."

• Like 4

That’s a shame that the virus has put such a damper on getting things done for the new album. But understandable.

A bit of swagger, and a bit more progressive, too…sounds very good to me. Excited for it, whenever it sees release!

• Like 2

That’s a shame that the virus has put such a damper on getting things done for the new album. But understandable.

A bit of swagger, and a bit more progressive, too…sounds very good to me. Excited for it, whenever it sees release!

In a new interview with Remy Maxwell of Audacy Check In, JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford was asked if he agrees with guitarist Richie Faulkner's recent comment that the band's upcoming album will be more musically "progressive" than 2018's "Firepower". He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Yeah, the metal is there. But here's the thing: we've tried our best not to replicate anything that we've done. From 'Rocka Rolla' all the way through to 'Firepower', each record has had a distinctive character. And it's tough because fans go, 'We want another 'Painkiller',' 'We want another 'British Steel'.' And [it's, like], 'Dude, we've already done that.'

"Fans know that we're a band that is always full of adventure and trying new stuff," he continued. "And so, yeah, this has got probably some more progressive elements that we've never really delved into before. And that's exciting, because, again, it gives us and our fans another opportunity to see a different side of PRIEST. But it's still metal. There's just more of it. There are more notes than there were before."

• Like 1

That word, ‘progressive’, as associated with Priest- the Nostradamus album was seen as somewhat progressive too, wasn’t it?

Love some epic-length metal. And also, just looking forward to finding out what they’ve cooked up! No matter what it is.

• Like 1

That word, ‘progressive’, as associated with Priest- the Nostradamus album was seen as somewhat progressive too, wasn’t it?

Love some epic-length metal. And also, just looking forward to finding out what they’ve cooked up! No matter what it is.

Progressive Priest could also be Sin After Sin/Sad Wings era, Run of the Mill kind of progressive. I like Nostradamus anyway. The swagger mixed with progressive is interesting.

• Like 2