The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Is Chara going to be a cheerleader on the bench the rest of the way? :wtf:

To be honest, that may not be such a bad thing. But I'm so f****** sick of Pastrnak not shooting the puck. Seems like as soon as they get into the zone they forget how to skate and pass and shoot

Come on, Chara is a big body. Maybe the Blues don't score that third goal if he's out there.

He's slow as hell, and has been getting beat to every puck. I hope Pastrnak has to walk home. The team as a whole played like garbage, but he was the worst of the bunch.

I don't know what the deal is with Chara. Keith, in a playoff game against the Kings lost I forget how many teeth, and he missed maybe two shifts...

To be honest, that may not be such a bad thing. But I'm so f****** sick of Pastrnak not shooting the puck. Seems like as soon as they get into the zone they forget how to skate and pass and shoot

Come on, Chara is a big body. Maybe the Blues don't score that third goal if he's out there.

He's slow as hell, and has been getting beat to every puck. I hope Pastrnak has to walk home. The team as a whole played like garbage, but he was the worst of the bunch.

He may be slow, but he can still block shots, which a major factor in hockey, if you didn't notice.
  • Like 2

He may be slow, but he can still block shots, which a major factor in hockey, if you didn't notice.

And hockey isn't baseball. It's not a question of playing your best players over lesser ones. Even 21 year old Charlie McAvoy is only going to play about 20 minutes of a 60 minute game (I think he leads in TOI with about that amount). Grzelcyk is already out because the Blues are a dirty team that people who don't like dirty teams shouldn't root for ( ;)). They don't need to lose another regular defenseman, even an old one.

• Like 1

And hockey isn't baseball. It's not a question of playing your best players over lesser ones. Even 21 year old Charlie McAvoy is only going to play about 20 minutes of a 60 minute game (I think he leads in TOI with about that amount). Grzelcyk is already out because the Blues are a dirty team that people who don't like dirty teams shouldn't root for ( ;)). They don't need to lose another regular defenseman, even an old one.

It looks like he's out the rest of the playoffs. Last night he had a look in his eyes like he was horrified that this was how his career was going to end. I know he is a legend in Boston, but he was directly responsible St Louis's first two in game 1, or it may have been game2. He was beat to the corner on a potential icing call which resulted in a goal, and then he took a stupid penalty which resulted in a power-play goal. I think they need to stop trying to match the physicality St Louis because they're just bouncing right off of them.

It looks like he's out the rest of the playoffs. Last night he had a look in his eyes like he was horrified that this was how his career was going to end. I know he is a legend in Boston, but he was directly responsible St Louis's first two in game 1, or it may have been game2. He was beat to the corner on a potential icing call which resulted in a goal, and then he took a stupid penalty which resulted in a power-play goal. I think they need to stop trying to match the physicality St Louis because they're just bouncing right off of them.

Oddly, the Bruins are the more talented team (that's not how they are perceived historically), so the rule of thumb is they stay away from the heavy game (since that leads to penalties). I don't agree with that entirely, since I think you can't let a team push you around too much in a series or it comes back to bite you (see, 2011 Finals). There's a reason the Blues are in the finals. I thought the Bruins were either going to wipe the ice with them in 4, or it was going 7. Looks like it's going 7.

• Like 1

And hockey isn't baseball. It's not a question of playing your best players over lesser ones. Even 21 year old Charlie McAvoy is only going to play about 20 minutes of a 60 minute game (I think he leads in TOI with about that amount). Grzelcyk is already out because the Blues are a dirty team that people who don't like dirty teams shouldn't root for ( ;)).

That was a brutal shot by Sundqvist...

Yes let's talk about McAvoy. Why isn't his hit on Josh Anderson in the Columbus series seen as a dirty hit? He only got 2 minutes and a one game suspension for his actions. But the Blues are a dirty team? I have to say any team with Brad Marchand on it has no moral high ground on their use of force in games. The Bruins do have skilled players, Bergeron is wonderful to watch and a Selke nominee 8 times but his team mates can get down and dirty so tsk tsk St. Louis is a dirty team :eyeroll: :finbar:

I feel bad for Chara, that was a nasty injury (not unlike Dunn who got his jaw broken from a similar deflection of the puck) . It may be a lot worse than they want to let on. The medical team didn't clear him to play in the 3rd period.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Yes let's talk about McAvoy. Why isn't his hit on Josh Anderson in the Columbus series seen as a dirty hit? He only got 2 minutes and a one game suspension for his actions. But the Blues are a dirty team? I have to say any team with Brad Marchand on it has no moral high ground on their use of force in games. The Bruins do have skilled players, Bergeron is wonderful to watch and a Selke nominee 8 times but his team mates can get down and dirty so tsk tsk St. Louis is a dirty team :eyeroll: :finbar:

I feel bad for Chara, that was a nasty injury (not unlike Dunn who got his jaw broken from a similar deflection of the puck) . It may be a lot worse than they want to let on. The medical team didn't clear him to play in the 3rd period.

I guess you didn't get the joke. Another poster suggested the only reason he didn't like the Bruins is because they're all dirty players, even Bergeron. Yet he's rooting for your team. That has a player that got suspended for hitting Grzelcyk in the head.

Bruce Cassidy "uncertain" if Chara will play game 5 . Since it's in the Garden, Zdeno not showing up on the ice could be a serious morale damper.

I guess you didn't get the joke. Another poster suggested the only reason he didn't like the Bruins is because they're all dirty players, even Bergeron. Yet he's rooting for your team. That has a player that got suspended for hitting Grzelcyk in the head.

I got the joke because I get it is ironic to complain about one team being dirty when the team you want to win is also characterized as dirty :smash:. That's the thing about sports, we all can excuse the ones we want to win and call out the bums on the other team. I just felt things were getting a bit tilted to one side so I put in my 2 cents. I just want to see a good final series and don't like to see players hurt but this has been a rough playoff year. It is smash mouth hockey on display. :hockeygoon:

• Like 2

I got the joke because I get it is ironic to complain about one team being dirty when the team you want to win is also characterized as dirty :smash:. That's the thing about sports, we all can excuse the ones we want to win and call out the bums on the other team. I just felt things were getting a bit tilted to one side so I put in my 2 cents. I just want to see a good final series and don't like to see players hurt but this has been a rough playoff year. It is smash mouth hockey on display. :hockeygoon:

Not sure how you think things got "tilted to one side" when it was being said in jest but . . .

• Like 1

It is hard at times to "get" sarcasm from these types of posts, I got the point about irony but maybe not in the way it was meant :huh:

One thing I noticed after the game last night, there was a guy with a Rush Clockwork Angels t-shirt in the group of fans by the reporters desk outside :rush: .

Still have to say I like Sharpie's stint as an commentator, he is (dare I say it) sharp :laughing guy:. Guess some of the Blues fans were heckling him though, he was pretty cool about it.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Bruce Cassidy "uncertain" if Chara will play game 5 . Since it's in the Garden, Zdeno not showing up on the ice could be a serious morale damper.

UPDATE: Broken jaw, out for the series.

The Boston Bruins' "Zdeno Chara" is being re-evaluated, has, and does have a broken jaw, and might be out not just for game five, but for the remainder of this year's Stanley Cup Final. The puck deflecting off of his stick to his face was bad. Sometimes, plays like that, and exactly like that happens. Any hockey player, who accidentally gets hit by deflecting pucks off of sticks to faces is, and has been unfortunate. The "Oskar Sundqvist" hit on "Matt Grzelcyk" is, and was being considered questionable. I've said that the N.H.L.'s Department of Player Safety felt they had, and needed to give "Oskar", at least, only a one game suspension because of that. When certain N.H.L. players, who have played dirty by doing illegal things, which they weren't supposed to, do get classified as that. As for "Bob Probert", he not only did play for, and on the Chicago Blackhawks, but for, and on the Detroit Red Wings, too. I think all hockey players should wear something to protect, and cover their faces from anything severe occurring, and happening including not having them, and preventing them to play hockey. If they don't, then they are crazy. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

UPDATE: Broken jaw, out for the series.

I know the players think it's soft to wear something that covers your face, but I think it's nuts not to.

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1

Just found out my boy and I are going tonight.

LET'S GO!

What did that set you back? A couple of days ago just to get in the building price was about nine hundred bucks per. It's probably come down somewhat since it won't be a cup clinching , but still not cheap.

And make sure your phone is at 100% when you enter the building. Mine was at about 75% when I went and was under 10% when the game was over. It died 10 seconds after the lady on the train scanned my phone for the tickets

So once again, unfortunately, the refs insert themselves into the story with the missed penalty call. It'll be interesting to see if Boston can recover and force a game 7. I now have my doubts because tonight they did everything they haven't been doing in their losses, namely outskating and shooting like crazy, and they still got beat.