The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Chara makes edhunter go hmmm.

Meanwhile, in major league baseball, someone is on the DL for a hangnail.

:laughing guy:

We were talking about this last night. A few years ago, Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz was out about 4 months with shoulder “tightness.” That same year, Bruins center Gregory Campbell was on a PK when he blocked a shot and shattered his leg. He finished his shift.

I was really hoping the Blues would've pulled it out last night. However it looked like in game 6 they took lessons from me Lightning on how to play in the 2019 playoffs :LOL: Oh well looking forward to a real good game 7. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Pardon my language, but I hope the Bruins get beaten so bad they go into hiding. Fork them with a rusty coat hanger.

Is this a Bruins thing or a Boston thing?

Mostly the former, some the latter. We need some new blood in the various sports championships.

• Like 1

Pardon my language, but I hope the Bruins get beaten so bad they go into hiding. Fork them with a rusty coat hanger.

Mostly the former, some the latter. We need some new blood in the various sports championships.

No we don't.

Incidentally, while it's of course theoretically possible that they, "get beaten so bad they go into hiding," (as anything is possible) I think that's extremely unlikely to happen. Not just because I'm not sure what "go into hiding," would mean. They've scored 78 goals. They've given up 45. Rask has been giving up less than 2 goals per game on average (and NO ONE is more critical of him than I am). They're also a relatively physical team. So while they could melt down and turtle Wednesday night, I think you're more likely to either be bitterly disappointed, or you'll have to be happy seeing them lose a close one.

No we don't.

Of course you'd say that, you're from the New England part of the country. If the Blues win the Cup, it will be a proper slap in the face by a "flyover state" to all those coastal elites.

No we don't.

Of course you'd say that, you're from the New England part of the country. If the Blues win the Cup, it will be a proper slap in the face by a "flyover state" to all those coastal elites.

You should be aware that the "coastal elites" you're talking about don't make up a big percentage of the Bruins' fan base. Bruins fans are overwhelmingly blue collar folks.

No we don't.

You should be aware that the "coastal elites" you're talking about don't make up a big percentage of the Bruins' fan base. Bruins fans are overwhelmingly blue collar folks.

Location, location, location. Also, I'm be quite facetious but I would much prefer to see the Blues win it since it's been so long since they have. Also again, I'd guess most hockey fans from any city are primarily blue collar. It's the only sport that isn't boxing or MMA that allows fighting, which is just ridiculous, and the fans love it, probably more so than the game itself.

Since they have?? They've never won anything. The only reason they were ever in the Final to begin with in '68-70 is because the NHL rigged it that way. They put all of the "Original 6" in one division and all of the expansion teams in the other. They were just the best of the worst. They got swept all 3 years I believe.

No we don't.

Location, location, location. Also, I'm be quite facetious but I would much prefer to see the Blues win it since it's been so long since they have. Also again, I'd guess most hockey fans from any city are primarily blue collar. It's the only sport that isn't boxing or MMA that allows fighting, which is just ridiculous, and the fans love it, probably more so than the game itself.

I realized you were being facetious. ;)

In any other year, I'd be behind the Blues winning.

Since they have?? They've never won anything. The only reason they were ever in the Final to begin with in '68-70 is because the NHL rigged it that way. They put all of the "Original 6" in one division and all of the expansion teams in the other. They were just the best of the worst. They got swept all 3 years I believe.

yep

Okay, how about since they've even been there? (I don't follow hockey but know about the Blues from when I lived near there many years ago).

If the Blues win the Cup, it will be a proper slap in the face by a "flyover state" to all those coastal elites.

As a Maritimer, this post is a dandy! :LOL:

Old school East Coast eel-eats:

li-fishermen-postcard-620.jpg

"Suck it, PEI."

The updated version:

TrailerParkboysxvhuioi.jpg

"The only good Tory is a suppository."

Game 7 is going to be sweet. Go Elites! :ebert:

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

If the Blues win the Cup, it will be a proper slap in the face by a "flyover state" to all those coastal elites.

As a Maritimer, this post is a dandy! :LOL:

Old school East Coast eel-eats:

li-fishermen-postcard-620.jpg

"Suck it, PEI."

The updated version:

TrailerParkboysxvhuioi.jpg

"The only good Tory is a suppository."

Game 7 is going to be sweet. Go Elites! :ebert:

Outstanding!
  • Like 1

Just in case anyone on the Bruins posts here and hasn't seen this yet:

D8oPcDEVsAAVNCj.jpg

D8oPcFIU8AExocv.jpg

https://www.nbcsport...bration-planned

Man. Who thought that was a good idea?

Obviously this was a major screw up, hope someone gets in trouble for this disaster. Bet it was up in the locker room..self inflicted wound :sigh: :16ton:

• Like 1

Last night's game was a big disappointment, I really thought St. Louis had the momentum going into their home ice and winning 2 in a row. It was almost like they let all the hype get in their head and Boston was determined to stop them. The St. Louis article accident was a big faux pas. Bet Boston put that up in the dressing room for extra incentive to win. I don't know if the Blues can pull it off now since they are going back to the B's home but they do have the best road record of all the teams in this year's playoffs.

As for the "dirty" play at the end, frustration makes people do stupid stuff. I also have no tears for poor Boston when Marchand and Chara are on their team.

Go Blues!!

• Like 1

Last night's game was a big disappointment, I really thought St. Louis had the momentum going into their home ice and winning 2 in a row. It was almost like they let all the hype get in their head and Boston was determined to stop them.

The Blues poured it on early and did everything but score. Give Rask credit for withstanding the onslaught. Once Boston got the goal, you could see the team spirit suffered somewhat.

The St. Louis article accident was a big faux pas.

That was a big no-no, one that the Hockey Gods could not let go unpunished. At this point, St. Louis better pray that a New Testament version of those gods shows up for game seven offering hope of redemption. :P
  • Like 3

Last night's game was a big disappointment, I really thought St. Louis had the momentum going into their home ice and winning 2 in a row. It was almost like they let all the hype get in their head and Boston was determined to stop them. The St. Louis article accident was a big faux pas. Bet Boston put that up in the dressing room for extra incentive to win. I don't know if the Blues can pull it off now since they are going back to the B's home but they do have the best road record of all the teams in this year's playoffs.

As for the "dirty" play at the end, frustration makes people do stupid stuff. I also have no tears for poor Boston when Marchand and Chara are on their team.

Go Blues!!

Marchand I understand. What is your beef with Chara?

Chara interferes more than anyone else and with his size it isn't surprising so I guess he's not in the same category as Marchand. Probably should have used Backes as another rough customer who complained about dirty hits when he gives plenty of them out himself. Funny he wasn't that rough when he was with the Blues...but I digress.

It is going to either a real nail biter Wednesday or a big letdown for the losing team. Just hope I can actually watch the results :popcorn:

• Like 2

Chara interferes more than anyone else and with his size it isn't surprising so I guess he's not in the same category as Marchand. Probably should have used Backes as another rough customer who complained about dirty hits when he gives plenty of them out himself. Funny he wasn't that rough when he was with the Blues...but I digress.

It is going to either a real nail biter Wednesday or a big letdown for the losing team. Just hope I can actually watch the results :popcorn:

Backes was always an a-hole. That's why Seabrook putting him to sleep in one our playoff games caused Keith to say "Wakey, wakey, Backes".
  • Like 1

Go Elites! :ebert:

boston-bruins-fans1.jpg?w=420

word.

Win or lose, they're gonna burn some stuff.

Also, blackhawkrush, I notice several white supremacists in your signature picture. I'd find a different one if I were you. :LOL:

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 2

If the Blues win, they will have won 3 of 4 games in Boston.

You beat a dirty team the way you beat other teams; you hit them, a lot. And hard. Look for Acciari and Clifton to spend plenty of time near O’Reilly. Since there are no suspensions of consequence coming, I expect the same from the Blues.

What’s better than a game 7 in the Stanley Cup Final?

• Like 1