The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

OT, Baby!

Blues win it in OT.

Sorry to Rick and the other Boston fans here, but I'm going with the Blues. They're long overdue for their first Cup win. Plus, going from being in last place overall on Jan 3 to winning the Cup would be pretty awesome.

• Like 4

Thomas is out for tonight's game but, uhhhhh, the hit had nothing to do with it, according to the Blues' coach.

Tonight will be an epic physical battle. But I think it's been shown that Boston's A game can not be matched by St Louis. Barring a Tuukka collapse or dirty cheap shots, I just don't see the Blues lasting more than 5 games.

Methinks you spoke a bit too soon, Blues have the best road record in the playoffs so it wasn't over yet!

It looks like Blues can play physical too :hockeygoon:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Holy Jumping is right (thanks Panger :laughing guy:) Blues made sure they played better defense and that goal by Tarasenko was a beauty!! Gunnarson wins it in overtime!! That arena in St. Louis will be loud come Saturday :clap: :yay: :cheerleader:
  • Like 2

OT, Baby!

Blues win it in OT.

Sorry to Rick and the other Boston fans here, but I'm going with the Blues. They're long overdue for their first Cup win. Plus, going from being in last place overall on Jan 3 to winning the Cup would be pretty awesome.

No need to apologize. The Blues are a great story. And in any other year I'd be behind them.

I said before Game 1 this series was either over in 4 or 7. It's going to be 7. The Blues outhit the Bruins and outplayed them. And that's what you get when that happens. The B's need to rectify that Saturday. And the first line needs to wake the f*ck up. They're way too talented to perform the way they have.

• Like 1

OT, Baby!

Blues win it in OT.

No need to apologize. The Blues are a great story. And in any other year I'd be behind them.

I said before Game 1 this series was either over in 4 or 7. It's going to be 7. The Blues outhit the Bruins and outplayed them. And that's what you get when that happens. The B's need to rectify that Saturday. And the first line needs to wake the f*ck up. They're way too talented to perform the way they have.

I can just picture the St. Louis Blues 2018-19 season DVD, where they talk about the Blues being the worst team in the NHL in January, and then winning the Cup. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. After all, they're named "The Blues" :boohoo: for a reason, right?

OT, Baby!

Blues win it in OT.

I can just picture the St. Louis Blues 2018-19 season DVD, where they talk about the Blues being the worst team in the NHL in January, and then winning the Cup. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. After all, they're named "The Blues" :boohoo: for a reason, right?

As a Hawks fan you're expected to root against the Blues. It's science. :16ton:

• Like 1

OT, Baby!

Blues win it in OT.

Thank you, Thomas Dolby. :)
  • Like 2

OT, Baby!

Blues win it in OT.

Thank you, Thomas Dolby. :)

Or is it Weird Science?? Will have to see I guess :eyeroll: :popcorn:

• Like 1

Sundqvist deserved the suspension but I find it laughable that Backes is whining about dirty play. He's made himself into an enforcer this season so save those crocodile tears please. :facepalm: I don't agree with Blues fans who think this is showing bias by the NHL. Both Marchand and McAvoy got the same type of suspensions in the earlier playoff games. :smash:

I just hope that it doesn't get out of hand, there are too many nasty injuries in the playoffs so far. But it is a rough game, so let's hope no more collateral damage occurs. :hockeygoon:

• Like 2

The N.H.L.'s department of player safety felt they had, and needed to suspend Oskar Sundqvist for at least only one game. I hope it won't, and doesn't start getting out of hand, too. Just don't need anymore serious injuries occurring, and happening.
  • Like 1

I hope the Bruins learned their lesson Wednesday night. The Blues have decided that the way to win is to play the heavy game. They've been beating more talented teams for a while now, so they're right. The Bruins have to respond. Physically.

The N.H.L.'s department of player safety felt they had, and needed to suspend Oskar Sundqvist for at least only one game. I hope it won't, and doesn't start getting out of hand, too. Just don't need anymore serious injuries occurring, and happening.

I hope they beat the shit out of each other with many nasty injuries!! Not really, but if the players themselves don't care enough to not cripple each other, then why should I?

I hope the Bruins learned their lesson Wednesday night. The Blues have decided that the way to win is to play the heavy game. They've been beating more talented teams for a while now, so they're right. The Bruins have to respond. Physically.

The Bruins need to realize the way to win is to SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK!!!!!!