The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

If the Blues win, they will have won 3 of 4 games in Boston.

You beat a dirty team the way you beat other teams; you hit them, a lot. And hard. Look for Acciari and Clifton to spend plenty of time near O’Reilly. Since there are no suspensions of consequence coming, I expect the same from the Blues.

What’s better than a game 7 in the Stanley Cup Final?

I would think the refs will put a quick muzzle on that if someone tries it. One 5-minute major will cut their balls off real quick.

Go Elites! :ebert:

boston-bruins-fans1.jpg?w=420

word.

Win or lose, they're gonna burn some stuff.

Also, blackhawkrush, I notice several white supremacists in your signature picture. I'd find a different one if I were you. :LOL:

It's not my fault Byfuglien didn't want to stick around and win two more Cups. ;)

You beat a dirty team the way you beat other teams; you hit them, a lot. And hard. Look for Acciari and Clifton to spend plenty of time near O’Reilly. Since there are no suspensions of consequence coming, I expect the same from the Blues.

I hope you end up the same way you did against Vancouver, Rick. :cheers:
  • Like 1

I hope you end up the same way you did against Vancouver, Rick. :cheers:

Thanks my friend. :cheers:

• Like 1

I would think the refs will put a quick muzzle on that if someone tries it. One 5-minute major will cut their balls off real quick.

I think they’re going to let them play for the most part. Something egregious will get called. But it’s going to be a heavy game.

• Like 1

I think they’re going to let them play for the most part. Something egregious will get called. But it’s going to be a heavy game.

Goaltenders: I'll give a slight edge to Rask because he's playing out of his mind lately and Binnington is a newcomer. Defense: St. Louis with a big advantage, not only because of Bruins' health issues. Forwards: It's a toss up, but Boston has more stars, and if they show up at home, it should be a happy ending for Rick. Since I have to work on Wednesday, I hope it goes to five overtimes. That way I'll catch the end of this game.

Chara interferes more than anyone else and with his size it isn't surprising so I guess he's not in the same category as Marchand. Probably should have used Backes as another rough customer who complained about dirty hits when he gives plenty of them out himself. Funny he wasn't that rough when he was with the Blues...but I digress.

It is going to either a real nail biter Wednesday or a big letdown for the losing team. Just hope I can actually watch the results :popcorn:

Backes was always an a-hole. That's why Seabrook putting him to sleep in one our playoff games caused Keith to say "Wakey, wakey, Backes".

:laughing guy: yeah that was funny, wakey wakey then Duncan (when asked about it later on tape) says with a straight face, I said what? Now Backes is someone else's jerk, I still can root against him.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Apparently the Blues' owner just started screaming at the Zamboni crew at the Garden to get the ice ready so the Blues could practice today. One of them yelled back "Who pissed in your Cheerios?" and went back to whatever he was doing.

Welcome to Boston, fuckhead.

• Like 1

Goaltenders: I'll give a slight edge to Rask because he's playing out of his mind lately and Binnington is a newcomer. Defense: St. Louis with a big advantage, not only because of Bruins' health issues. Forwards: It's a toss up, but Boston has more stars, and if they show up at home, it should be a happy ending for Rick. Since I have to work on Wednesday, I hope it goes to five overtimes. That way I'll catch the end of this game.

The Bruins defensemen have not been good. I agree about Rask playing out of his mind. But he has concentration issues at times (witness, game 5 and game 6 in 2013) which can be a problem.

I'll be happy to call you at work and give you play by play if you'd like. 5 overtimes will not play out well for me. :)

• Like 1

Apparently the Blues' owner just started screaming at the Zamboni crew at the Garden to get the ice ready so the Blues could practice today. One of them yelled back "Who pissed in your Cheerios?" and went back to whatever he was doing.

:LOL:

The Bruins defensemen have not been good. I agree about Rask playing out of his mind. But he has concentration issues at times (witness, game 5 and game 6 in 2013) which can be a problem.

I'll be happy to call you at work and give you play by play if you'd like. 5 overtimes will not play out well for me. :)

I wouldn't be so hard on Rask. Following your thought about him in 2013, in Chicago we had hordes of people saying Crawford is terrible and we must get rid of him because he's stopping us from winning championships. Cory ended up with two rings and now the guy is considered vital to team's fortunes. I'll save your phone bills, for I have decided to catch the game on TSN radio. I will also scratch the five overtimes idea, because I worry about your blood pressure. :hi:
  • Like 1

Well the BRUINS played much better to get this thing to game 7. They'll have play even better to beat the Blues tonight because the Blues can play solid defense. I hope the Garden II will be noisy as hell just to lift up the players. I'm glad a few of the Bruins have plenty of playoff experience and a few more with game 7 finals experience as well.

I have to work but hope we can set up one of the 70 or 85 inch TVs we sell. I'm trying to most of my work done tonight so I'm free to watch some of the game.

To win this Cup the BRUINS will need all the luck they can get. So I'll be wearing a shirt my daughter gave me.....

SKATE LIKE BOBBY &

SWING LIKE PAPI &

SHOOT LIKE LARRY &

LEAD LIKE TOM &

BE STRONG LIKE

BOSTON!

• Like 1

If, as I heard Felger say yesterday, the crew was late cleaning the sheet, I'm actually going to side with Armstrong (the GM, not the owner). If the ice was supposed to be ready at 1 pm, get it ready for 1. Don't be jerkoffs.

• Like 1

I think the Bruins' banner captains tonight will be Tom Brady, Paul Pierce and Tim Thomas. All in Red Sox 34 jerseys. You read it here first.

I'll go one further. They'll set up a remote camera in Papi's room, with at least two of the other three at the arena. I think Thomas is a stretch if everything I read about him is true.

I think the Bruins' banner captains tonight will be Tom Brady, Paul Pierce and Tim Thomas. All in Red Sox 34 jerseys. You read it here first.

I'll go one further. They'll set up a remote camera in Papi's room, with at least two of the other three at the arena. I think Thomas is a stretch if everything I read about him is true.

I don't think Ortiz is up to it right now. If not for the shooting I suspect he would have been there.

Thomas is a stretch, but I think the crowd would lose their minds.

I don't think Ortiz is up to it right now. If not for the shooting I suspect he would have been there.

Thomas is a stretch, but I think the crowd would lose their minds.

https://www.barstool...captain-tonight