Rest In Peace - Tom Petty Died

Lorraine

I too have finally had a "Breakdown" and am crying.

My Zoe is here with me. My awesome amazing daughter.

She just told me he passed at 8:40 pm

I can't believe I had a ticket to see him at The Greek. It was rescheduled due to sickness. I couldn't make the Monday show. UGH!

I just grabbed my "Damn The Torpedoes" blu-ray deluxe disc.

Cranking it now.

One of the greatest albums on the Earth.

Even Zoe knows these songs.

RIP!

This is truly one of the worst days in American History.

I know no one has typed about it. BUT GOD!!! WHY?????

GOD BLESS TOM PETTY! GOD BLESS ALL OF THE VICTIMS IN LAS VEGAS!! WE HAVE GREAT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD! WHY DO SOME RUIN IT ALL?????

I will never understand this world.

Life is short. Nowhere is safe.

Please be safe my friends around the world.

"Don't Do My Like That" Tom! IT HURTS!

• Like 2

Gah, this hurts. And just as I'm finishing his classic greatest hits, one of the greatest greatest hits ever made. Rest in peace Tom, you made enough great music to last generations, you didn't deserve to go so soon, but now you can sing with George again... :rose: :(
  • Like 2

Moonlight on the interstate

She was 'cross the Georgia line

Looked out the window feeling great

Yeah, it had to come in time

And she said I'm never goin' back

She said at last I'm free

I wish ma could see me now, she'd be so proud of me

He went down swingin'

RIP Tom, you fought right to the end

• Like 4

I mean, I know this isn't news to anyone, but the deeper you dig into his tunes, the more he sounds like he just reinterpreted the Beatles for a new generation with a little more attitude, and did a wonderful job of it. Something In The Air reminds me profusely of And Your Bird Can Sing, for example, the bass even sounds McCartneyesque. What a brilliant songwriter, what a legend.
  • Like 2

I miss him a lot, I almost balled my eyes out in Chem class when I learned what happened. Rip to an amazing legend, one of my fav musicians for sure :heart:

I finally just balled my eyes out. You are a very bright person. My daughter is in Chem and Chem Lab in college.

Study hard and become successful!!!

"We are only immortal for a limited time."

Take care of you and be safe.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

Another huge loss in the music world. I was never a huge fan, but I have a lot of respect for what he did, and he was a great songwriter.

I've heard a few of his albums, but I never owned one until ReGorLaTroy sent Hypnotic Eye to me about a year ago- and it is very, very good.

Tom Petty was one of an increasingly rare breed of musician who was able to succeed and to thrive, completely on his own terms, for decades.

The Black Crowes toured as a support act for him, in June and July of 2005- and I didn't go, only because I didn't want to go see them as a support act, for anyone. In hindsight, I've grown to kind of wish that I had, though.

• Like 4

RIP :(

Thanks for all the great uplifting music

:rose:

Absolutely this^^^^RIP :rose: Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

This is so frustrating. There's no updates I can find on how he's doing. After being led astray into thinking he was dead, I'd really like to know officially what state he's in right now.

Ironically, it's our demand for info that is the very thing that leads news outlets to rush and publish inaccuracies.