Is Neil Peart a leftist?

Texas King

Well, when you do THIS for a living, you had better lean to the Left......

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9bdfa349d76773b8ac12e6f41826585e353fe9d4/c=152-0-2073-1444&r=x408&c=540x405/local/-/media/2016/04/09/USATODAY/USATODAY/635958205161217899-AP-AUSTIN-GP-MOTORCYCLE-RACING-81089030.JPG

Pinko commie is the term you're looking for.

Nah, just kidding...he's worse. He's one of the new intellectual elite who know they're right and you're a Stone Age hateful buffoon who's not worthy of respect should you dare disagree with their enlightened viewpoints.

He parrots who he reads. When he was young it was Rand. Now he regurgitates the "New Atheists". Both are insufferable in their smug assuredness.

• Like 3

I'd say that's a safe bet. He's said as much in an interview a while back. I'm sure someone here can find the exact quote.

Just a reminder, no politics discussion outside of SOCN. This thread is fine for answering TK's question but let's not start inserting our own political views into it.

Why not just move it? :P

Because if it answers the question for TK (who doesn't have SOCN access) without devolving into an argument then it's all good, yes?

It's very tempting, And not having access is his/her problem right? Can I start a thread outside of SOCN about Obama?

No you can't. The reason this thread is allowed to exist -- with it's limited permissions (keep your own politics out of it)-- is because it's about Neil, which means it's Rush-related. And seeing this is a Rush board, we allow threads like this to try and survive, again, with the request to keep it about Neil and Rush. And it's probable that it will be closed once the original question has been answered satisfactorily.

Rush related, sure. But the intent was pure politics. So there is no excuse for it.

Like I said, it's related to a member of Rush, so we keep it open to sufficiently answer the question. Where's the harm in that?

So if it's Rush related and has to do with politics it's okay? For example, Not that it's true. Can I post Geddy loves/hates Trump?

The question asked in this thread was, "Is Neil Peart a leftist?" It's a very simple and general question asked by TK, and one that is easily contained before arguments can start. In the meantime, the board was warned to not introduce their own political views into the topic. Any question about Trump would not be simple or general, Geddy/Alex/Neil-related or not. It would be a hot-button topic for sure.

How about this: Let's just do what we've been doing for 12+ years, which is have a general "no politics" rule outside of SOCN, and if one pops up that has a Rush connection, we take it on a case by case basis. Like we're doing with this one. Deal?

• Like 1

Pinko commie is the term you're looking for.

Nah, just kidding...he's worse. He's one of the new intellectual elite who know they're right and you're a Stone Age hateful buffoon who's not worthy of respect should you dare disagree with their enlightened viewpoints.

He parrots who he reads. When he was young it was Rand. Now he regurgitates the "New Atheists". Both are insufferable in their smug assuredness.

This is how he came across in the Rolling Stone article.

• Like 1

I'd say that's a safe bet. He's said as much in an interview a while back. I'm sure someone here can find the exact quote.

Just a reminder, no politics discussion outside of SOCN. This thread is fine for answering TK's question but let's not start inserting our own political views into it.

Because if it answers the question for TK (who doesn't have SOCN access) without devolving into an argument then it's all good, yes?

It's very tempting, And not having access is his/her problem right? Can I start a thread outside of SOCN about Obama?

No you can't. The reason this thread is allowed to exist -- with it's limited permissions (keep your own politics out of it)-- is because it's about Neil, which means it's Rush-related. And seeing this is a Rush board, we allow threads like this to try and survive, again, with the request to keep it about Neil and Rush. And it's probable that it will be closed once the original question has been answered satisfactorily.

Rush related, sure. But the intent was pure politics. So there is no excuse for it.

Like I said, it's related to a member of Rush, so we keep it open to sufficiently answer the question. Where's the harm in that?

So if it's Rush related and has to do with politics it's okay? For example, Not that it's true. Can I post Geddy loves/hates Trump?

The question asked in this thread was, "Is Neil Peart a leftist?" It's a very simple and general question asked by TK, and one that is easily contained before arguments can start. In the meantime, the board was warned to not introduce their own political views into the topic. Any question about Trump would not be simple or general, Geddy/Alex/Neil-related or not. It would be a hot-button topic for sure.

How about this: Let's just do what we've been doing for 12+ years, which is have a general "no politics" rule outside of SOCN, and if one pops up that has a Rush connection, we take it on a case by case basis. Like we're doing with this one. Deal?

Fair enough,

But the original post was about politics. Rush or not. Let's just let it ride. Maybe open up the forum to any thing goes.

Peart is a pinko commie peacenik and a cappuccino quaffing Christophobe! Not to mention a pretentious snobby poser!

"Snobby" you say?

Neil Peart in the Marvel Universe:

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/52/27/59/52275928dfae3e7fda2ce928e5f60c05.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/books/rag-05.1994/rag-05.1994-2.jpg

In one of his books it's mentioned that "Sub-Mariner" is/was one of his nicknames due to the similar hair line.

• Like 1

Peart is a pinko commie peacenik and a cappuccino quaffing Christophobe! Not to mention a pretentious snobby poser!

"Snobby" you say?

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/52/27/59/52275928dfae3e7fda2ce928e5f60c05.jpg

In one of his books it's mentioned that "Sub-Mariner" is/was one of his nicknames due to the similar hair line.

It IS him!

"Snobby" you say?

It IS him!

I know!

Neil refers to Americans in the same tone that Namor refers to surface dwellers!

• Like 1

"Snobby" you say?

It IS him!

I know!

Neil refers to Americans in the same tone that Namor refers to surface dwellers!

And he refers to RUSH fans in the same tone as he refers to THE HULK!

• Like 2

"Snobby" you say?

It IS him!

I know!

And he refers to RUSH fans in the same tone as he refers to THE HULK!

After learning of Neil's retirement, an enraged and pants-ripped fraroc wants payback for him cheating Rush fans. Neil wants an alliance but...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WbRMgs-ETCk/TyiPa1UfD_I/AAAAAAAAA7U/xmTWLt2Y9Xo/s640/Hero-Envy-Hulk-Namor17.JPG

• Like 2

Well, a while back there was a thread asking if Neil was a selfish prick. The general consensus was that he was indeed a selfish prick.

That makes him Republican.

Signed.

Pelosi :blink:

reported

Well, a while back there was a thread asking if Neil was a selfish prick. The general consensus was that he was indeed a selfish prick.

That makes him Republican.

Signed.

Pelosi :blink:

reported

Is that you Boxer? :D

Phil Collins is the only leftist drummer I know, most others are rightist. Steve Smith is a centrist.

Ian Paice is also a leftist drummer.

Ringo Starr is a lefty on a right-handed kit.

• Like 1

Phil Collins is the only leftist drummer I know, most others are rightist. Steve Smith is a centrist.

Flip-flopper!
  • Like 1

Flip-flopper!

Other flip-floppers include Clem Burke and Bun E Carlos.

:NP:

• Like 1

The only person who can "sufficiently answer the question" is Neil Peart. And I think we can safely say he doesn't spend time here. Allowing others to speculate for him can only lead to political sniping (thinly veiled as it may be), which is what many of us seek refuge from on boards like this. Hence the objections.

Edited by TexMike