Is Neil Peart a leftist?

Texas King

Congrats, King Tex! :cheers:

Probably a leftist who believes Permanent Waves is an 80's album.

:o You don't think he has public lice too, do you? :o

I'm not going to check his shorts!

• Like 1

I'd say that's a safe bet. He's said as much in an interview a while back. I'm sure someone here can find the exact quote.

Just a reminder, no politics discussion outside of SOCN. This thread is fine for answering TK's question but let's not start inserting our own political views into it.

Why not just move it? :P

Because if it answers the question for TK (who doesn't have SOCN access) without devolving into an argument then it's all good, yes?

It's very tempting, And not having access is his/her problem right? Can I start a thread outside of SOCN about Obama?

No you can't. The reason this thread is allowed to exist -- with it's limited permissions (keep your own politics out of it)-- is because it's about Neil, which means it's Rush-related. And seeing this is a Rush board, we allow threads like this to try and survive, again, with the request to keep it about Neil and Rush. And it's probable that it will be closed once the original question has been answered satisfactorily.

• Like 1

At live shows ever notice how Alex and Geddy favor the left side of the stage???

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Peart is a quasi-intellectual, and they tend toward the liberal end of the spectrum. He's a libertarian on many social issues, but his general disdain for American culture and capitalist excesses suggest a more leftist leaning. Considering those viewpoints and where/how he lives, I'd say he's somewhat of a hypocrite.

Over time I found him to be more of a pseudo-intellectual.

He's the Diet Coke of intellectuals.

The thread is in instant hit!!! :cheerleader:

Another Neil pinata thread! Happy Cinco de Neilo, everyone!

I'd say that's a safe bet. He's said as much in an interview a while back. I'm sure someone here can find the exact quote.

Just a reminder, no politics discussion outside of SOCN. This thread is fine for answering TK's question but let's not start inserting our own political views into it.

Because if it answers the question for TK (who doesn't have SOCN access) without devolving into an argument then it's all good, yes?

It's very tempting, And not having access is his/her problem right? Can I start a thread outside of SOCN about Obama?

No you can't. The reason this thread is allowed to exist -- with it's limited permissions (keep your own politics out of it)-- is because it's about Neil, which means it's Rush-related. And seeing this is a Rush board, we allow threads like this to try and survive, again, with the request to keep it about Neil and Rush. And it's probable that it will be closed once the original question has been answered satisfactorily.

Rush related, sure. But the intent was pure politics. So there is no excuse for it.

• Like 1

Rush related, sure. But the intent was pure politics. So there is no excuse for it.

Like I said, it's related to a member of Rush, so we keep it open to sufficiently answer the question. Where's the harm in that?

Challenge accepted. :LOL: Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

Like I said, it's related to a member of Rush, so we keep it open to sufficiently answer the question. Where's the harm in that?

So if it's Rush related and has to do with politics it's okay? For example, Not that it's true. Can I post Geddy loves/hates Trump?

In one of his books he compared his political alignment to leading a group of motorcyclists. Always lead left!
  • Like 1

What if it was private lice? ;)

Private lice, they're watching you

They see your every move.

Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 6

Private lice, they're watching you

They see your every move.

Watching you, watching you.

• Like 3

Already played. Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1