Your fave The Beatles album?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Your fave The Beatles album?

• Abbey Road
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    • Revolver
    • Rubber Soul
    • The White Album

"Revolver" has a slightly edgier sound (to my ears), and an amazing selection of fairly disparate tunes.

(raga-rock, chamber pop, acid-rock, r&b, children's/novelty, pop, and of course yer regular rock)

The "Magical Mystery Tour" soundtrack is another great one. Goofy movie, excellent album.

http://beardedgentlemenmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Magical_mystery_Tou_342991a-620x350.jpg

Revolver because about half of it is incredibly amazing, and the rest is very good, apart from Here, There and Everywhere, which I could never hear again and wouldn't miss it, and Yellow Submarine, which rocks, but in the context of the album is a skip track for me.

Talking UK track list, which ended up on the original CDs.

Edit: The White Album is a close second, and on some days is probably my favorite. For me though, those two are way out in front.

Edited by Rutlefan

Let It Be

Haha I was like "Mine isn't listed, wtf is going on with the polls today?!" :codger:

Then I saw this. :dweez:

[White Album and Rubber Soul are up there as well, but really I'm a closet Beatles fan and enjoy everything but their earliest bubble gum rock stuff... even that, for the genre, was great]

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

The Blue Album, then the Red. The Beatles' music lends itself to fantastic compilation albums.

Of those non-compilation albums listed, the White Album.

• Like 1

Revolver because about half of it is incredibly amazing, and the rest is very good, apart from Here, There and Everywhere, which I could never hear again and wouldn't miss it, and Yellow Submarine, which rocks, but in the context of the album is a skip track for me.

Talking UK track list, which ended up on the original CDs.

Edit: The White Album is a close second, and on some days is probably my favorite. For me though, those two are way out in front.

Here, There and Everywhere is in my top 5 McCartney songs of all-time. Agree with you on YS though. A fun song but the only one on Revolver that's easily skipped.

I simply cannot narrow these down to one favorite. The Beatles are too important to me and are too woven into the fabric of my life to choose just one album or song or etc. of theirs in any poll.

Edited by driventotheedge

Abbey Road, by a hair over Sgt Pepper and Revolver. I might put Revolver first if I didn't dislike Taxman so much. Then again, Side 2 of Abbey Road is so ridiculously great that I'd probably still put it at the top.

The White Album is great, but Disc 2 is pretty spotty.

• Like 1

There are definitely people who would choose Magical Mysetery Tour, Hard Day's Night, or Help, if not some of the others you didn't include. I think when you don't include an entire discography you should add the words "out of these albums" to your question.

My favorite out of these is Abbey Road...my favorite out of all of their albums is Abbey Road.

• Like 1