How Long Would You Survive a Zombie Apocalypse?

JohnnyBlaze

But why fight or kill for the last can of food if there's no more food to be had after that can is gone?

You're going to die from starvation anyway, and that last can of food isn't going to save you.

Feed it to the most athletic and keen member of the group and have them scavenge for more food.

• Like 1

I answered honestly too.

That's why I did so poorly. :LOL: :cool:

I love how this thread is now full of self depreciation haha haha!

• Like 2

But why fight or kill for the last can of food if there's no more food to be had after that can is gone?

You're going to die from starvation anyway, and that last can of food isn't going to save you.

Feed it to the most athletic and keen member of the group and have them scavenge for more food.

That's a lot of trust in one member...in their ability and loyalty. As an extension, maybe giving it to the two toughest members and having both of them scavenge together would be better?

I answered honestly too.

Those are the best kinds of jokes! Nobody knows how pathetic I am more than myself!!!! :no: :blaze: :LOL:

Agreed!

My days let's hope this thread never gets bogged down with seriousness haha

• Like 1

I answered honestly too.

Those are the best kinds of jokes! Nobody knows how pathetic I am more than myself!!!! :no: :blaze: :LOL:

That's very true, and that is something that I've always loved about Rush - their ability to do that. Be self-deprecating I mean.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

That's a lot of trust in one member...in their ability and loyalty. As an extension, maybe giving it to the two toughest members and having both of them scavenge together would be better?

Kind of a difficult scenario to imagine since if you were with a group and you did have a supply of food, you would be taking inventory and rationing. It'd be best to start going out to look for more supply when you were down on your last three or four days worth of food, this way it wouldn't be too much weight to bear while the entire group would go out.

I remember zombie apocalypse role playing in high school with my techie group for about a week. It was a lot of fun, and this was before The Walking Dead, we were interested in 28 days later and the zombie survival guide. We never messed around with the whole drama bullshit, we just trusted each other as the theoretically group and that was it. We were more concerned with issues like how we'd make bombs and booby traps, or which stores within our town would be the best to hideout in.

• Like 1

88 days. I beat you all.

Did you share the can of food, or, kill for it ??

Kill ofcourse. Why would I share?

Because one can of food will only last you, at most, a week ??

Surviving long term will depend on being more resourceful ..

Edited by Lucas

Kind of a difficult scenario to imagine since if you were with a group and you did have a supply of food, you would be taking inventory and rationing. It'd be best to start going out to look for more supply when you were down on your last three or four days worth of food, this way it wouldn't be too much weight to bear while the entire group would go out.

I remember zombie apocalypse role playing in high school with my techie group for about a week. It was a lot of fun, and this was before The Walking Dead, we were interested in 28 days later and the zombie survival guide. We never messed around with the whole drama bullshit, we just trusted each other as the theoretically group and that was it. We were more concerned with issues like how we'd make bombs and booby traps, or which stores within our town would be the best to hideout in.

Yeah that's true about foraging before it gets too late but again, that "last can" question was in the quiz.

Oh, the "drama bullshit" is something that should be thought about. It's unavoidable.

I originally was going to make this thread without the quiz and have it as a game instead but I didn't think TRFers would explain their answers (with some comedy too)...as I'm pleasantly surprised by

ok, took the test:

You would last 72 days of a zombie apocalypse, you're a Trooper!

You put everything you've got into survival, but in the end it will come down to a single fatal mistake. Your survival instincts are good, but there's always room for improvement

I said that I would "share the last can of food", maybe that's the "room for improvement" ?

But in reality ( like any of this is lol ), but, you cannot depend on cans of food !! .. If you are going to survive, finding cans of food is going to eventually end up being futile ..

Well yeah, cans of food won't last but that was in the quiz.

I choose "lone wolf", in that I would prefer to go it alone ... But, the "can" question was specific about being with other people - and to survive, I feel the most important quality to have is intelligence - that is what will separate you from the zombies ..

Killing a healthy person for the sake of one can of food is not intelligent or human ..

• Like 2

Assuming all the fish are safe to eat, and the endless population of animals and plants, there would be plenty to eat ..

Zumbi would come knocking at the door once his can of food was gone

• Like 1

Oh, the "drama bullshit" is something that should be thought about. It's unavoidable.

But it's soooo boooooring

:LOL:

Most of your time likely won't be spent smashing zombie skull. Most of it would probably be spent getting food, eating food, fortifying your place, and resting.

88 days. I beat you all.

Did you share the can of food, or, kill for it ??

No way does a guy who hordes Rush albums like Zumbi does share anything. He'd kill an old woman for an extra can of oil sardines...except Lita Ford. He wouldn't kill her. :LOL:

You know me so good :D

• Like 1

The surviving humans would concern me much more than the zombies

Trust is much more of an issue than food

I'm reminded of this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861689/

There's no zombies in this movie, but I thought that a lot of people acted like zombies towards the end of the movie. Have you seen it? I recommend it :yes:

Thanks Mr Not ... I have not seen it ( ... get it ? :)

It looks good

• Like 1

67 days.

I wouldn't kill for the last can of food but I would fight for it. Killing for it could be an option depending on how hungry I am. Killing someone for a can of food, even in a zombie apocalypse, seems like a bit much to me.

Would you break someone's legs for a can of beanie weanies if you heard your stomach growling?

No, because a person with a broken leg(s) is nothing but a burden in this world. All you need to do in a fight over food is to kick/knee someone in the crotch and you've pretty much got that in the bag. The fight doesn't have to be violent at all.

Now, when a zombie horde is after me, that's when i'll break the other person's leg. The zombies will devour the injured person as I get away.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

67 days.

I wouldn't kill for the last can of food but I would fight for it. Killing for it could be an option depending on how hungry I am. Killing someone for a can of food, even in a zombie apocalypse, seems like a bit much to me.

Would you break someone's legs for a can of beanie weanies if you heard your stomach growling?

No, because a person with a broken leg(s) is nothing but a burden in this world. All you need to do in a fight over food is to kick/knee someone in the crotch and you've pretty much got that in the bag. The fight doesn't have to be violent at all.

Now, when a zombie horde is after me, that's when i'll break the other person's leg. The zombies will devour the injured person as I get away.

Could you take down Killer Zumbi during such a food situation? He's already stated in this thread that he'd kill for a can of food, coldly stating "Kill of course. Why would I share?" He's pretty greedy and vicious when it comes to canned goods, Rush albums, and Lita Ford. :yes:

And breaking your companion's leg during a zombie horde chase?...Taking a page right out of the Shane Zombie Survival Manual eh? ;)