NO!!

Blue Barchetta

None taken. I just can't see it. Maybe a little on the soft side. I still think it's better than bands like Bon Jovi and Poison (around that time) trying to write ballads disguised as rock music. I love Vapor Trails too, by the way...and Snakes...Clockwork..the only album these guys ever made that I didn't love from the get go was Test For Echo. Didn't like it much when I heard it, listened to it several times...hoping it would grow on me..liked it even less. I don't believe I've listened to that whole album since the turn of the centuey.

Um...yeah, I don't think we'll get into how much I don't like Vapor Trails. S & A is about a half and half album for me, same can be said for CA. And it's not that I actually love Test for Echo. I just like it more and have better connotations with it than HYF (and yes, Vapor Trails).

• Like 1

None taken. I just can't see it. Maybe a little on the soft side. I still think it's better than bands like Bon Jovi and Poison (around that time) trying to write ballads disguised as rock music. I love Vapor Trails too, by the way...and Snakes...Clockwork..the only album these guys ever made that I didn't love from the get go was Test For Echo. Didn't like it much when I heard it, listened to it several times...hoping it would grow on me..liked it even less. I don't believe I've listened to that whole album since the turn of the centuey.

Um...yeah, I don't think we'll get into how much I don't like Vapor Trails. S & A is about a half and half album for me, same can be said for CA. And it's not that I actually love Test for Echo. I just like it more and have better connotations with it than HYF (and yes, Vapor Trails).

You certainly have a right to your opinion...however wrong it may be.

Perfectly said about Rush's 21st century catalog...kinda...blah

• Like 1

Perfectly said about Rush's 21st century catalog...kinda...blah

I would argue with you, but now I'm f***ing depressed about how good Def Leppard used to be!
  • Like 2

Rush NEVER stopped being a good band. They did shit with Power Windows and Hold Your Fire that were waaaaay outside the norm for rock at the time. Even Test For Echo was a triumph (Triumph reference) musically. But I can't just sit here with three eyes on my screen and let you guys bad-mouth Hold Your Fire! There is not one other band that could have done that album, and so brilliantly.

It's my least favourite of all their albums. I'm not bad-mouthing it, it's just something I don't like. And what's especially bad about that is it is the album that made me stop listening to Rush for years, even though they were my favourite band during the first half of the 80s.

I think Hold Your Fire is great!! Time Stand Still is the best song off of the album and the best :rush: song of all time!!

I love the video also!!

I can't agree about Time Stand Still, even though I like it a lot. But I do agree, about the album overall. Top two, for me. (And sometimes, it's top one. The two of them kinda swap back and forth).

This is not nice

No it's not. I'm sorry. It is, however, just a joke! I'm socially retarded...so it's my way of welcoming you to the forum.

This is not a joke.

Making fun of someone is not a joke.

Then stop provoking it with all these damn outbursts and making everything about you.

• Like 2

Because I enjoy picking on people!

OMFG YOU FU;CKER YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK

Why?

With a title like that, you'd naturally expect the worst.

Not just no, but hell no!

Are you being mean to me? I hate when people are mean to me! I will track you down, tie you up, put headphones on you, and make you listen to Test For Echo on continuous loop! You do not want to mess with me!

No.

Not just no, but Not if you were the last man on earth, No!

(and you're not going to scare me with Test for Echo...now if you'd said Hold Your Fire, you may have something. Otherwise it's all "Don't throw me into that Briar Patch!")

Oh crap! You've got to be kidding. Hold Your Fire was 1000 times better than TFE ever thought about being! And if that's not enough...NO!

As an aside to this mess...Hold Your Fire was a brilliantly written, played, and performed album. It showed Rush could roll with the changes (REO reference). Teat for Echo almost (almost!) made me be embarrassed to be a Rush fan.

We're all embarrassed your a Rush fan.

What is the risk to a Rush fan forum a year after Rush ceases to tour on a 30+ show magnitude?

Alex, I'd like to answer...

What is "this"

• Like 1

No.

I love Vapor Trails!

Not just no, but hell no!

Are you being mean to me? I hate when people are mean to me! I will track you down, tie you up, put headphones on you, and make you listen to Test For Echo on continuous loop! You do not want to mess with me!

No.

Not just no, but Not if you were the last man on earth, No!

(and you're not going to scare me with Test for Echo...now if you'd said Hold Your Fire, you may have something. Otherwise it's all "Don't throw me into that Briar Patch!")

Oh crap! You've got to be kidding. Hold Your Fire was 1000 times better than TFE ever thought about being! And if that's not enough...NO!

As an aside to this mess...Hold Your Fire was a brilliantly written, played, and performed album. It showed Rush could roll with the changes (REO reference). Teat for Echo almost (almost!) made me be embarrassed to be a Rush fan.

We're all embarrassed your a Rush fan.

I hope you'll be able to get over that!