Popular Artists you just don't like

Beatles

Pink Floyd

Porcupine Tree

Thanks, Rod, for reminding me of one I left out.

Pink Floyd

Thank you Rod and Lorraine, for not making me feel completely left out...

Never been too huge into Pink Floyd. They're just not for me, too much of it comes off to me as filler.

Really love their song "Time" though, and I won't change the radio station if they happen to come on.

• Like 1

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

Often cited as the worst band name I've ever heard, in fact I think their name is so banally awful, I'm under the impression that they f***ing suck based on the band name alone. I've never heard a single second of them at all.

• Like 1

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

Often cited as the worst band name I've ever heard, in fact I think their name is so banally awful, I'm under the impression that they f***ing suck based on the band name alone. I've never heard a single second of them at all.

The name of the band is the best thing about them.

Imagine if Coldplay wrote bland music.

Think about that for a sec...

• Like 2

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

I will never understand how Radioactive was such a big song? There must be some kind of conspiracy going on in modern rock music. There is absolutely no conceivable reason as to why that song became such a huge hit. Nothing special about it at all. I don't even think it's that catchy of a tune either.

And they're playing arenas on their current North American tour. How can so many people's musical taste be that bad?

• Like 1

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

I will never understand how Radioactive was such a big song? There must be some kind of conspiracy going on in modern rock music. There is absolutely no conceivable reason as to why that song became such a huge hit. Nothing special about it at all. I don't even think it's that catchy of a tune either.

And they're playing arenas on their current North American tour. How can so many people's musical taste be that bad?

I will never understand. My friends love them.

Makes me sick!

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

The name of the band is the best thing about them.

Imagine if Coldplay wrote bland music.

Think about that for a sec...

I don't even like Coldplay to begin with, so that means they sound like...oh dear, that idea of said notion makes it sound even worse than Coldplay themselves. :banghead:

I only heard of them through a friend of mine who asked me and another friend if we heard the new Imagine Dragons song, to which we both bluntly said to the guy, "I don't even know who they are". Fortunately, my other friend spared me the agony of listening to said song by listening to it for me said wasn't good at all (and our taste in music are drastically different!)

Then I heard about what happened with them winning over Queens Of The Stone Age (a band which I do like) for the Grammy when clearly the latter band put (subjectively speaking of course) the better album and one of their best albums in years that year and my dislike for the band grew even more without even listening to a single note of theirs. I don't know, I could imagine (ha!) with a band name like theirs, the songs must sound like something for the Disney Channel or Nick Jr. at best.

Edited by PolarizeMe

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

Makes me sick!

What makes me sick is that i've saw Rush twice on the current tour and Imagine Dragons are playing both of those arenes too. I just picture both venues sold out for Rush and think how could Imagine Dragons draw that many people? I can't wrap my head around it.

I don't know if I mentioned already, but another "popular" band that I just don't like is Guns n' Roses.

I met them at a local TV station that showed music videos when I was 14. It was just before Appetite came out and no one knew who they were. I was dating the station managers daughter and he introduced me to them and they were as nice as could be. Their manager came over and gave me a cassette of the album and a t-shirt. I thought they were really cool. Someone told them to get ready to go on air and their manager handed then half empty Jack Daniels bottles (which had iced tea in them I found out later) and as soon as they were being filmed they started acting like they were wasted dirtbags and were totally rude and obnoxious. I could never see them as anything but a joke and pretty much quit listening to hair metal because of that.

• Like 2

Journey, Kiss, The Doors, Jack White/White Stripes, RHCP, Guns N Roses, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, and a lot of dreamy indie-folk-pop artists where every song sounds the damn same. Those songs aren't unlistenable, but I'd probably reach to play something else beyond bland background music.

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

Makes me sick!

What makes me sick is that i've saw Rush twice on the current tour and Imagine Dragons are playing both of those arenes too. I just picture both venues sold out for Rush and think how could Imagine Dragons draw that many people? I can't wrap my head around it.

Ithink Imagine Dragons put on a great live show, I can't stand their studio albums, but their live show is great. Nowhere near as good as RUSH, or any other band with big live shows, although Imagine Dragons did a decent rendition of Tom Sawyer when I saw them.

Edited by DistantEarlySignals

I don't know if I mentioned already, but another "popular" band that I just don't like is Guns n' Roses.

I met them at a local TV station that showed music videos when I was 14. It was just before Appetite came out and no one knew who they were. I was dating the station managers daughter and he introduced me to them and they were as nice as could be. Their manager came over and gave me a cassette of the album and a t-shirt. I thought they were really cool. Someone told them to get ready to go on air and their manager handed then half empty Jack Daniels bottles (which had iced tea in them I found out later) and as soon as they were being filmed they started acting like they were wasted dirtbags and were totally rude and obnoxious. I could never see them as anything but a joke and pretty much quit listening to hair metal because of that.

a rock band's image was important back then. if axl and slash acted like neil peart I don't think they would've become such big cultural figures

That album, though, is in the running for greatest debut album by a band ever.

I don't think of them as a hair metal band though. Most of them hair metal bands (and I love many of them) were basically caricatures of Van Halen (and we're back to this topic). These guys were much darker, even if some of it was posturing.

Edited by Rick N. Backer

I don't think of them as a hair metal band though. Most of them hair metal bands (and I love many of them) were basically caricatures of Van Halen (and we're back to this topic). These guys were much darker, even if some of it was posturing.

I never think of them as hair metal either.

Sadly, with Axl Rose proving to be a real jerk, I no longer believe there was a lot of posturing. When young, that sort of behaviour is "rock n roll", but when you age, it's just arrogant and, well, jerk like behaviour.

And Slash has done nothing great since, in all honesty all his work sounds exactly the same, and I hate the way Myles Kennedy sings with his new band.

I hate the name The Police.

A Flock Of Seagulls.

Yes.

Kansas.

Styx.

Foreigner.

I love these bands, but my goodness it's awkward naming them in public!

I never think of them as hair metal either.

Sadly, with Axl Rose proving to be a real jerk, I no longer believe there was a lot of posturing. When young, that sort of behaviour is "rock n roll", but when you age, it's just arrogant and, well, jerk like behaviour.

And Slash has done nothing great since, in all honesty all his work sounds exactly the same, and I hate the way Myles Kennedy sings with his new band.

Slash's Velvet Revolver stuff, and all three of his solo albums, are phenomenal. I'd like to see Myles commit himself full time to Slash's band. Slash is an amazing songwriter. Which is why Chinese Democracy landed with a thud. And why everyone from Lemmy to Fergie wants to work with Slash.

• Like 1

and Ted Nugent

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I hate the name The Police.

A Flock Of Seagulls.

Yes.

Kansas.

Styx.

Foreigner.

I love these bands, but my goodness it's awkward naming them in public!

sure you're int he right topic? It's artists you just don't like, not their names